Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

LOVE the lineup. It’s the best Blue team members back together again so that’s a massive plus. Betsy, Gambit, Rogue & Jubilee all have pretty solid relationships between each other and it’ll be fun to throw Rictor into the mix to see how he relates to each of them (correct me if I’m wrong, but he doesn’t have any real relationship with any of them right?). Some of the other announced rosters have too many straight men (not in the literal sense ) so having characters like Jubilee, Gambit & Rogue play off of Betsy’s more straight forward personality keeps the book entertaining and hopefully not so goddamn series and moody like other rosters have fallen into. It doesn’t force one member of the team to be the “wacky” one.

2.What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR?

It’s different. The “mutant magic” concept I’m going to have to see what they mean by it.

3. What do you know about creative team?

Nothing about the writer Tini Howard but Marcus To’s NextGen was beautiful so at least the art will be there

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion. Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?

Eh, I don’t care. Never read the original Excalibur and I’m luke warm to Nightcrawler & Kitty so no big loss to me.

I like the little we've seen of the concept (magic + Betsy in a lead role + Otherworld), but honestly the cast doesn't scream Excalibur to me. Betsy is actually the only choice I'm completely sold on.
    Rogue, Gambit and Jubes would make more sense to me among the new Marauders,
    I hope Brian and Meggan appear in some capacity. Missed opportunity to include characters like Faiza and Banshee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    ...and there it is! Everything you wanted to know about writing a British character, but were afraid to ask. Now turn to page 108 we'll be learning about British-isms, how to turn any character British.
    They’ve showed her drinking tea, too. With milk and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    We don't talk about (wasted pontentail) Astonishing.

Yeah. Excited for them to be reunited and I hope that this book will make justice to all characters.
    As do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I wonder if that time Gambit stole Excalibur from Faiza Hussein will get brought up
    This is a must.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    They’ve showed her drinking tea, too. With milk and everything.
    They've shown her drinking tea as a form of British Orientalism.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lord have mercy. Why is there a thread for each title instead of a general "What do you think of the Dawn of X line-ups?" thread?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lord have mercy. Why is there a thread for each title instead of a general "What do you think of the Dawn of X line-ups?" thread?
    Because there was 3 or 4 threads at the time that could be used at and I thought it be nice to have a place where you could talk about the individual book.

It is easier to go through five 6 or 7 page threads than one 42 page thread. Especially If you are only trying to talk about one individual book. Besides these threads are supposed to be disposable and fall initial hype is over.I could have tried to make real thread for each but I thought it was bit early for that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The lineup isn't trash but I just don't care for it. British Psylocke and Rogue are pluses but I just don't like Jubilee and don't care for Gambit and Apoc. I have no opinion on the other dude because I don't know who that is.

The concept is cool. I only read the first couple issues of the old run and it was always weird and dealt with non-mutant stuff

Marcus To art is good. I don't know anything about the writer.

I like that Betsy stepped up and claimed it but I do want to know what happened to Brian since I liked him. She looks good in the role. No opinion on old members.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because there was 3 or 4 threads at the time that could be used at and I thought it be nice to have a place where you could talk about the individual book.

It is easier to go through five 6 or 7 page threads than one 42 page thread. Especially If you are only trying to talk about one individual book. Besides these threads are supposed to be disposable and fall initial hype is over.I could have tried to make real thread for each but I thought it was bit early for that.
    Agree. There's like 50 conversations going on in those 30+ page threads so its nice to just go to one place and talk about the one individual thing you're interested in.

EXCALIBUR #1
    Written by Tini Howard
    Penciled by Marcus To
    Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    On sale October 2019
    A NEW DAY IS FORGED!
    Mutantkind has always been special…as has their relationship with the world—or WORLDS—around them. As this new era dawns, a new connection forms between mutants and the magic of the world… and that of Otherworld! Can the new Captain Britain forge a new way through the chaos with her companions Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor…and Apocalypse?!

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?
    I actually love this line up. Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Psylocke all play well off each other. Rictor is a bit out, but I don't see that as anything different from when Monet was introduced into X-Factor or Magneto's X-Men.

Apocalypse - Okay, yeah. I got no idea what they're planning to do with him. I suspect it has something to do with that pic of him and Moira.

My initial reaction is that while I like the line up, I wasn't sure about the setup. We have the title Excalibur with Betsy taking the mantle of Captain Britain. That's great... and then she's the only European on the team. I admit that I'm pretty intrigued.

And frankly, anything that gets Jubilee out of stories where she seems like "Junior X-Man" is a plus to me. Wonder if she's going to get Shogo back from Karma. He could hang around Brian's kid.

I'm actually PRETTY CERTAIN Brian and Meggan will be around in some capacity. Brian has to keep the beard. It suits him.

2.What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR?
    Mutant magic? Well... We'll see what they do. I like the new role for Betsy. I think they really had to do something to get her away from "Body Stealing Ninja Babe."

I don't much like Kwannon getting the Psylocke name. She's for the most part a blank slate. They should have given her another name or gone with Revanche. That's a problem for the other book, though.

3. What do you know about creative team?
    The writer? Not too much. I looked up the artist online. I feel pretty good about the art. No way this would fly with bad art.

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion. Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?
    I like the Captain Britain change, particularly if they actually do something good with it... and again, I'd be very surprised if Brian and Meggan weren't on the periphery. Brian's brains - and even Maggie - fill a sorely needed gap, even if he never steps in the field.

Kurt, Rachel, and Kitty being out? Kurt - I think - is a necessary evil at this point, given what happened in AOX. Kitty would just take over the entire book. I could see an argument made for Rachel being in it, though I kind of feel it would be better with Phoenix being apart of her. (I doubt Phoenix is coming anywhere near this.)

I would love to have Jubilee do a throwaway line about loving that overgrown flambeed celestial bat... something to acknowledge Phoenix undoing the vampire curse.

Anyways give your general thoughts on the book.
    This is the book I'm most excited with. The only thing I can imagine killing it for me is if they revisit the Slaymaster storyline.

Only nostalgia I'd love to see is Jubilee and Betsy maybe encountering the Mandarin again.

BANNED

What happened to Elizabeth and Blob? Over just like that, huh?

1. I like the line up. Except for Apocalypse being on the team.

2. I like it.

3. Nothing

4. I don't like the Captain Britain name change. It was unnecessary. She already had a good name. I want some Excalibur members on the team. Captain Britain and Meggan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    What happened to Elizabeth and Blob? Over just like that, huh?
    Looks that way and I couldn't be happier about it ending...

I wonder if this means Betsy is also now leader of the Captain Britain corps?

Okay, let me first get out of the way that this has nothing to do with Excalibur. So, I do not understand the title of the book.

The same issue arises with the Fallen Angels and Marauders titles. I think they should have used a different title for all 3.

I dunno know how I feel that Betsy is loosing the Psylocke codename as well.

The team itself, I love Betsy teaming up with Mr. & Mrs. X and I am glad the X-office is not putting these two on separate teams. Also great to have Rictor in a regular title. Jubilee, hmmm I don't know, but I think it is going to be fine.

I really do not like if Apocalypse becomes part of an X-team. Why have all villains become X-Men at one point? I see that the X-Men title also listed Vulcan as member. This is stupid. We need our villains be villains!