Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What do you think about the EXCALIBUR line up ?

EXCALIBUR #1
    Written by Tini Howard
    Penciled by Marcus To
    Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    On sale October 2019
    A NEW DAY IS FORGED!
    Mutantkind has always been special…as has their relationship with the world—or WORLDS—around them. As this new era dawns, a new connection forms between mutants and the magic of the world… and that of Otherworld! Can the new Captain Britain forge a new way through the chaos with her companions Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor…and Apocalypse?!

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

2.What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR?

3. What do you know about creative team?

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion. Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?

Anyways give your general thoughts on the book.

Long live Queen Elizabeth Braddock!! Knight of the Realm!

I am looking forward to this and I think having Rogue and Gambit on team with her is perfect. Jubilee and Rictor bring some different dynamics, but it's good for them to be on a strong team. I have no idea what Apocalypse is doing here.

This reminds me a little of Darkseid appearing with Justice League Odyssey. I don't want to compare the books but I wonder if Apocalypse is temporarily working with them for his own ends.

Okay, we don't need this thread repeated every time for each book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It doesn't hurt anything. People are excited and want to discuss the rosters and speculate how everyone is going to get along.

I am actually having a lot of fun today, it's nice to get some info about where things are going next. I love that Hickman is really shaking up the whole structure and trying different team combinations.

I love that one of the books are going to explore a connection between Mutants and Magic. I expect this book might cross over with Dr Strange occasionally.

Well it is just one more not doing one on fallen angels and X-men. My bad

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Awesome team but with Apocalypse apart of the group Excalibur seems OP. Unless of course Apocalypse is nerfed I expect Elizabeth's team to go against to heavy hitters in terms of threats
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Interested to see how apocalypse fits in

BANNED

As a huge Captain Britain fan I am a bit confused about all this.

I will check out the book, as I'm sure Brian will at least appear... but Rachel, Kitty, Kurt, Meggan, even Black Knight are all around. Why are they not on this?

The title hints at connect to magic and none of the member other than Betsy as Captain Britain seem to have connection to magic. I am curious to what exactly is this group mission statement . I don't think Tini Howard got first pick in choosing teams this roster feels random to me.

Jubilee has new suit which doesn't look bad

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well it is just one more not doing one on fallen angels and X-men. My bad
    No, do them! I'm enjoying the discussion.

About this one
    1) I like the roster. Rogue, Gambit and Betsy are some of my favourites so I'm in. I hope we get some Rictor and Shatterstar moments because I stan them.

2) Concept is cool. Magic and Otherworld are a side that could bring some interesting stories.

3) I know almost everything, but I have faith xd

4) Finally Betsy is Captain Britain, that's like the logical step forward after she went back to her old body imo, since Brian is busy with family and all

It's a good thing Jubilee isn't a vampire anymore, she'd get instantly killed if she tried to enter Britain

As I said in her thread I'm happy to see her explore her Otherworld side, but I fear for Brain and what it means for him and his family. I'm also confused about Apocalypse but I'll wait and see. I would have added Kurt and Dazzler to this team because he seems like he would have a blast in Otherworld and I picture Alison being good friends with Betsy. And who wouldn't want to see a mini reunion with those two and Rogue. Plus it could have been fun seeing Rogue rub her happy marriage in Dazzler face... all in good fun of course. Rictor is a random choice though.

Sure we do. In fact YES we do.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, we do! I don’t care about the others!

1. It's got half of the blue team so it should be a home run for me but Apocalypse literally killed all my excitement.

2. Concept is solid and pretty much what the concept should be.

3. Outside of Hickman and Yu, Pound for pound this might be the best creative team.

4. I don't really like the change but only cause I think Betsy and Brian should be on the team together.