Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Maybe my favorite lineup so far. I love this role for Betsy and the rest are a bunch of faves who still feel fresh.

I've always thought of Gambit, Jubilee, and Psylocke as the "replacements" for Nightcrawler, Kitty, and Phoenix on the main X-Men team whenever the latter trio went off to form the original Excalibur, so I like the idea of doing the opposite with this new version of Excalibur. Rogue fits nicely with those characters as well. Rictor and Apocalypse seem shoehorned in. I'd rather Brian was on the team in place of Rictor, and if they had to include a villain maybe someone who actually fought the old Excalibur like Juggernaut or Gatecrasher. But as with all these new teams, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's been a long time since I felt optimistic about the X-Men. It feels good.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I thought Betsy is on Fallen Angles, or is Kwannon taking the Psylocke name now?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

- I dig it. Apocalypse being there is weird, and Rictor is quite random, but the rest of the cast is great IMO. And I’m sure the writer has specific plans for Big A and Rictor, so I look forward to finding out why they’re there.

2.What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR?

- I’m intrigued, despite not being a big “fantasy/magic” fan.

3. What do you know about creative team?

- Nothing at all.

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion. Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?

- Kind of wish Nightcrawler was there, but oh well. I’m sure we’ll find out where he is in Wave 2. As for Betsy as Captain Britain, I like it! Since they put her back in her original body I think this change is kind of the next big evolution of her character. I hope she’s prominent not just in the X-books, but also in the broader Marvel U now if she is indeed the one true Captain Britain of this reality. Not sure where her brother went, but I’m sure we’ll find out.

Rogue being back to her exact 90's costume is a no for me. At least give her modernized look.

(I'm a big hypocrite though and would love seeing her back in the Bachalo cape n' cowl design)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Rogue being back to her exact 90's costume is a no for me. At least give her modernized look.

(I'm a big hypocrite though and would love seeing her back in the Bachalo cape n' cowl design)
    They should’ve used Chechetto/Weaver’s updated ‘90s look which looked awesome.

90's Rogue is wack and seems to be another case of Howard nostalgia cursing one specific character, but Excalibur not being whiter than snow, cool looking Jubilee, everyone's pal Pooky, and Captain Britain just being a knight make up for it 10x over.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

1. Lineup seems good to me! Love Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee and I'm ambivalent on everyone else. Loving Jubilee's new costume!

2. Concept seems really fun; somewhat like Exiles, which I loved. Never read the original so I don't know how the concept for this iteration compares to that.

3. Marcus To is great; maybe my favorite artist on the relaunch, but I've never read anything of Howard's so if anyone has recommendations, fire away.

4. Lack of classic characters is a plus - it's always good to mix things up. I wouldn't say Excalibur's better off trying something new, just because I don't know what the old was, but I'm certainly down for it.

Overall, probably my 3rd most anticipated book. It has my 2nd favorite concept after X-Force and my favorite artist. I'm also really intrigued by the cast.

I wonder if that time Gambit stole Excalibur from Faiza Hussein will get brought up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I thought Betsy is on Fallen Angles, or is Kwannon taking the Psylocke name now?
    Kwannon is the new psylock.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, we do! I don’t care about the others!

Excalibur was not only about magic but also about having stories outside of the US or in space. I would have kept some original team members and honestly it's hard to think of an Excalibur without Captain Britain.

Overall the team is great but seriously Apocalypse? Did all the mutant villains become anti-heroes or heroes?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Disappointed. This title has always been where one could find obscure quirky yet refined X characters of diverse international noble nature. This cast is a bunch of American gum chewers and Apocalypse.

Fantastic Member

Is "I am still too confused and bewildered by all of this to form an opinion" an option?

I really know very little about Tini Howard, but I KNOW I love Marcus To's pencils. I like everyone in the roster, but have no idea how it will all play out on paper.

As far as Excalibur being something new, that's fine. Meggan and Brian were really the glue defining the original cast, and everyone else were X-Men anyhow. Apocalypse is weird, yeah, but I'm excited to see how the rest of them interact with him.

I think it's fair to say this is the book I'm most looking forward to.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Disappointed. This title has always been where one could find obscure quirky yet refined X characters of diverse international noble nature. This cast is a bunch of American gum chewers and Apocalypse.
    Rictor is Mexican and Betsy is English.

No word on the gum though.