Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I only know Trini Howard from some Hack/Slash issues she did, which were pretty good.

For the team, no complaints. I'd rather Betsy just be called Psylocke, but otherwise this is very interesting.

I love Gambit, Rogue and Jubile. And i'm casual fan of Betsy, it doesn't settle well with me that she can't be Psylocke, but i will give it a shot.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Love Betsy being the new Captain Britain. After all she was Captain Britain BEFORE she was Psylocke so...
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

The lineup is amazing. I’m particularly excited to see Psylocke in a book with Rogue and Gambit. I thought it would be at least another decade before that happened again. Hopefully that won’t be wasted like it was in Astonishing.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-21-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Love the cast, like the concept. Except, of course, for Apocalypse. He's one of those characters that I think should never be on an X-team. Pretty much all of the villains they have on the new books are a miss for me. As others have pointed out, it would make more sense for there to be at least one character with a background in magic on the book, like Pixie or Amanda Sefton, or Selene or Maddie if they're looking for villains. I love Rictor and I'm happy to see him getting used, but he doesn't really have any connection to anyone in this book. Wish Star was here also. Enthusiastic yes to more Marcus To.

I just remembered Shogo, I wonder if Jubilee will be bringing him along. And speaking of Jubilee, I don't like the proportions of that new costume, the pink bit should end at the first "v" shape instead of extending as far as it does.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 07-21-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

A bit disappointed tbh

Excalibur is a book very close to my heart, and I'm not really sure what this cast have to do with anything. I'd have liked to have seen a British/European character (I know Chamber is taken, but Banshee/Siryn/Rahne would have been fine) beyond the questionable status of Psylocke.

Even one of the originals would have been nice.

I'll still buy it. Was hoping for James Roberts and Alan Davis though!
    Last edited by Captain Buttocks; 07-21-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They should’ve used Chechetto/Weaver’s updated ‘90s look which looked awesome.
    The one from Carey's Legacy? Yeah that looked good too.

Also RIP

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Rictor is Mexican and Betsy is English.

No word on the gum though.
    Rictor: How many of his stories take place in Mexico? Or how often is his Mexican culture portrayed?
    Betsy: How many of her stories take place in the UK/Otherworld? Or how often is her British culture portrayed?

Just because they were born there does not make them from there. The Marvel UK characters had a distinct flavour from Marvel US characters, Betsy hasn't been written like a Brit since she joined the X-Men in the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    The lineup is amazing. I’m particularly excited to see Psylocke in a book with Rogue and Gambit. I thought it would be at least another decade before that happened again. Hopefully that won’t wasted like it was in Astonishing.
    We don't talk about (wasted pontentail) Astonishing.

Yeah. Excited for them to be reunited and I hope that this book will make justice to all characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Love the cast, like the concept. Except, of course, for Apocalypse. He's one of those characters that I think should never be on an X-team. Pretty much all of the villains they have on the new books are a miss for me. As others have pointed out, it would make more sense for there to be at least one character with a background in magic on the book, like Pixie or Amanda Sefton, or Selene or Maddie if they're looking for villains. I love Rictor and I'm happy to see him getting used, but he doesn't really have any connection to anyone in this book. Wish Star was here also. Enthusiastic yes to more Marcus To.

I just remembered Shogo, I wonder if Jubilee will be bringing him along. And speaking of Jubilee, I don't like the proportions of that new costume, the pink bit should end at the first "v" shape instead of extending as far as it does.
    I hope not. Noone needs babies on a missions.

If it were up to me, Rictor would be half-Greek.

*wanders off to rethink his DoX lineup*

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I wonder if that time Gambit stole Excalibur from Faiza Hussein will get brought up
    Would be coooool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Rictor: How many of his stories take place in Mexico? Or how often is his Mexican culture portrayed?
    Betsy: How many of her stories take place in the UK/Otherworld? Or how often is her British culture portrayed?

Just because they were born there does not make them from there. The Marvel UK characters had a distinct flavour from Marvel US characters, Betsy hasn't been written like a Brit since she joined the X-Men in the 1980s.
    Sure she has. Americans don't say "bloody" when cursing, do they?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Rictor is Mexican and Betsy is English.

No word on the gum though.
    Rictor- Mexican American. Betsy Hollywood Brit.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sure she has. Americans don't say "bloody" when cursing, do they?
    ...and there it is! Everything you wanted to know about writing a British character, but were afraid to ask. Now turn to page 108 we'll be learning about British-isms, how to turn any character British.