Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I noticed Krakoa is on the cover as well.

Glad the deaths of Rahne, Jona and Roberto did not stick.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

but who is the missing member they are looking for?

I would hace liked Hollow to join that team

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    but who is the missing member they are looking for?

I would hace liked Hollow to join that team
    Could be Warlock, Cannonball or Gosamyr.

Strangely was the only title to keep most of the members of the original team.

And it seems that many deaths have been reversed.

The good news is that it's the title that readers know more or less what to expect. But I would have put some character of the A list (no Wolverines) to attract more readers.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I just can't get into any of these books without Dazzler. I'm so not into this I feel solidarity pains for long suffering Polaris fans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm glad so much of the classic team made it into the lineup. This is the one group I never like to see messed with too much. Thankfully it sounds like Cannonball will be showing up, but I would prefer Magma and Warlock to the Gen X characters. Not because I dislike them, I'm sort of neutral as I have had little to no exposure to them. But at the same time it is good Marvel is giving exposure to those characters for their fans, and I guess it's necessary to shake it up a little bit.

Here's hoping Amara shows up at some point. Warlock I think will since he was on that first HoX/PoX promo.

Love the new mutants so Im here for this. Will be interesting to see how Sunspot returns. Roberto and Sam are Hickmans faves so Im sure Cannonball is the missing member, especially given his wife and child are in the Shiar, which conncets them to the Starjammers.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Pros:
    -Rod Reis
    -the cast (Mondo!!!!)
    -space adventure

Cons:
    -too much of a traditional cast. kind of conflicted but i just thought this would flip the concept on its head
    -Brisson....
    -not really on the book but im scared Dani and Bobby are gonna second to Magik

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Karma should have gotten her leg back, this being a ...ahem..."reboot".
    Why???

Rod Reis is an actual god legend. And Brisson with the guiding hand of J Hick could level up. So maybe this'll be exceptional.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Where is Magma...?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The cast is pretty predictable compared to the other books, but I like everyone here and they look great, looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll get NextGen Brisson and not X-Force Brisson.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Interested to see how Mondo looks. Beyond the amazing Bachalo work in AoA Generation Next, I dont think many artists have ever really caught his powers/look that well.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

1. Loving the lineup. Magik, Dani, Karma and Sunspot are favorites and I really like Cypher and Chamber too. Hopefully, the missing teammate is Cannonball. Also a big Starjammers fan so it's nice to see them here.

2. Liking the concept - I'm always down for X-Men in space. Also a fan of Gen X and New Mutants merging together, though it would make a little more sense with Husk and Cannonball both being on the team as the connective glue being siblings and all. Even if they don't stay in space, hopefully a space book spins off of this first arc.

3. Hopefully it's important! And Brisson's no slouch either. I've liked most of what I've read from him, so I'm excited to see what he'll be doing with the team after Hickman departs. Based on the cover, the artist is good too.

While I'm a fan of the cast and concept, there isn't as much of a "new take on something old" for New Mutants as there is for the other books. It looks good and fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but there isn't as much that makes it initially stand out, at least for me.

well Im glad these guys didn't stay dead. Ive always wanted a mash up of Gen X and New Mutants but it really needs at least one more Gen Xer to feel more even. Would have liked to have seen one of the girls. Also Mondo is a surprising choice, but my guess is that he was picked b/c he's practically a blank slate at this point and writers sometimes choose those kinds of underdeveloped C-list characters b/c they can do whatever they want with them. Also i guess he was probably picked for diversity points though i would have preferred Monet. Or Jubilee b/c she was dating one of the members(guess that's completely been forgotten now) or Husk b/c she was also dating one of the members and her brother was/is part of the team and that could have led to all sorts of fun awkwardness.

The real Mondo finally on an X-Team? Interesting

I would have added Ms Anjelica Jinx to the team.