Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

It's not all the team! It lacks Cannonball!!! Why???

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Well it does say their mission is to save a missing teammate( and they are going to space). I wonder who that could be?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well it does say their mission is to save a missing teammate( and they are going to space). I wonder who that could be?
    Magma obviously

Dammit Hickman, come on dude, you're fumblin' and dropping the ball all over the place, for me so far.

No Magma, no buy.

Line up looks fine as for New Mutants.

It's got Dani, Cypher and Chamber, so I'm here for it. Hopefully Warlock will come back eventually; how Rosenberg treated him was utter BS. Also, bringing in the real Mondo makes me smile. It's getting to finally know an old character as much as getting a new one, and I like that idea.

My dream X-Men team is a mix of New Mutants, Gen X and New X-Men and none of the Not New Not Different.
    So while the NXM are lacking, this is probably the closest thing I'll ever get.

It has two of my favorite Marvel characters, Sunspot and Magik. Only Warlock is missing.

Magik gets her black costume and the normal soul swords. Best of two worlds!
    Mondo is a really strange addition. Last thing I remember was him being a mole for Black Tom. Maybe his powers will mix with Krakoa?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Missing Amara, she’s always getting the short end of the stick. I hope that she’s the missing member but I think it’s Sam (though he shows up in the adjectiveless roster so???). But having Illyana, Dani and Shan together again is just perfect. Don’t really care for Mondo or Chamber though.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Loving the sound of New Mutants, very glad to see most of the old gang back together and also very glad to have Ed Brisson on board, I think he's the strongest of the most recent crop of X-writers overall. I'm not a huge fan of either Chamber or Mondo and I'd rather have some of the New X-Men instead, but all my New Mutants fave (except Sam, but it sounds like the story is going to address that) are accounted for so no complaints from me.

Mighty Member

Looking forward to this title more than any of the others announced.

Disappointed not to get Doug and Warlock as separate characters.

Karma should have gotten her leg back, this being a ...ahem..."reboot".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Maybe he's taking time off to be with his family.

Incredible Member

I’m excited for the book and love that Sunspot’s stupid death was ignored. I like that they have the core original new Mutants even though I’m sure Sam will make his appearance soon. I think the addition of the of the Gen X character makes it more interesting and not just a reunion book. With Hickman writing and being heavily connected to the series it should make it more relevant within the new books relaunched helping it last in terms of sales.

I think its perfect and love seeing Gen X added. Magma is by far the worst mainstay New Mutant and I’m ok seeing Sam continue doing things outside of the X-Men. Chamber and Mondo are just perfect additions. Love this so much.

Spectacular Member

Makes no sense having a New Mutants team without Cannonball.

BANNED

I'm excited about the first arc, but I fear Brisson will add Glob to the cast once he goes solo.