Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I never really believed that all of the casualties from the recent Uncanny comic would stick, and I'm glad that they don't appear to have.

The cast is great, even if it does feel mostly retro. The only character that I'm particularly fond of is Cypher, but I can still read stories about him easily enough.

I'm not all that fond of space stories, but this is still probably one of the Wave One comics that I'm looking forward to the most.

EDIT: I cant believe that I messed my post up this badly. I meant to say that Cypher was the only character that I wasn't particularly fond of. This makes it sound like he's the only character that I liked. I really love most of the other characters in this comic.
    I just happened to be browsing this thread and noticed my mistake.
    Last edited by Thievery; 07-21-2019 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Same here. Not a fan of rahne, don’t really care about karma or Doug, but am intrigued about mondo because he was barely around in gen x before turning traitor. Not interested in space stories, so I hope it’s a one arc. I’m wondering why people don’t like magma. This is the only xbook i’m Even remotely interested in picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Where is Magma...?
    This. My guess is she’s the one they look for since Sam is already in the main book.

I'm very happy to see that book coming soon, and especialy with all the "dead" characters from uncanny present.
    I was really pissed off after wolfsbane's death and i'm glad this won't last. A-list characters never remain dead for long but for the others I was really afraid it could last for a while ...
    Super happy to have Wolfsbane and Cypher (+Warlock?) reunited, alongside with Mirage, Magik, Karma and Sunspot.
    No problem with Magma missing or even Cannonball too, and fine with Chamber and Mondo being part of the cast.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Pros:
    -Rod Reis
    -the cast (Mondo!!!!)
    -space adventure

Cons:
    -too much of a traditional cast. kind of conflicted but i just thought this would flip the concept on its head
    -Brisson....
    -not really on the book but im scared Dani and Bobby are gonna second to Magik

Why???
    Sister deserves a break. There were the events as she fled Vietnam. Then killing and absorbing/harboring her brother. Then the weight issues. Plus, she's probably misplaced the twins again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This. My guess is she’s the one they look for since Sam is already in the main book.
    Could be Warlock. Maybe the event that led to Doug sporting a techarch arm, caused Warlock to freak and he fled into space.

One of my favorites. My one nitpick is that I wish at least some of the NXM were involved, especially Surge and Prodigy.

Sam is not on any book I saw launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Sam is not on any book I saw launched.
    Yeah what? When did we get confirmation on Sam being int he main book? And....which book are we citing as the "main" book?

Sam is the most "cosmic" New Mutant at this juncture, other than Warlock, so I too assumed he was who they were after.
    Though with the inclusion of Chamber and Mondo, perhaps additional GenXers Monet and Paige are candidates for space-rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah what? When did we get confirmation on Sam being int he main book? And....which book are we citing as the "main" book?

Sam is the most "cosmic" New Mutant at this juncture, other than Warlock, so I too assumed he was who they were after.
    Though with the inclusion of Chamber and Mondo, perhaps additional GenXers Monet and Paige are candidates for space-rescue.
    Exactly.

There is a fairly reasonable course of events where Sam is in outer space.

Amara? Not so much.

Extraordinary Member

I can't imagine it being anyone other than Sam.

I'm guessing the missing member is Sam as well. Either way I'm pumped for this series and the only thing that could make me more excited is if this was the vehicle to bring back Synch and Skin.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I can't imagine it being anyone other than Sam.
    Agreed. Hickman has often said Sunspot and Cannonball were his favorite Xmen. That and they both played spotlight roles in his Avengers run. I mean come on people, he MADE SAM AN AVENGER. He's not going to ignore the guy.

Amara though is an interesting missing link. My guess is that with all of the characters he had to juggle some had to be put on the side until the place fit for her. Don't forget these books have a bit of revolving casts from what they've said. However long it may take, these won't be the perm rosters.

It will be interesting to see how Hickman "cleans up" Rosenberg though. I mean he can't just flat out ignore what just happened right?

YAY My little sister Yanna is back!

I kinda wish this was a NM/Gen X fusion instead of the half step we got here

Dani
    Magik
    Sunspot
    Husk
    Chamber
    Cypher
    Monet

would have made for a great cast. It would be a good twist if the missing teammate they were looking for was Cannonball but instead found Synch!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish it was a NM/GenX/AcademyX team

1) Sunspot
    2) Dani
    3) Illyana
    4) Hellion
    5) Monet
    6) Doug
    7) Mercury
    8) Chamber

Go away, Karma. God damn.
    "Cable was right!"