Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

I Love it! Wish there was maybe a Maggott, Monet, Marrow or Blink though.

2.What do you think so far about the concept? Do you like Gen-X and New Mutants kinda merging together?

Wished they would have merged a long time ago. Concept is solid but also makes me feel like this is going to be a test series. I hope it sticks around for a long time.

3. Hickman writing suggests importance, Do you think this will final be the book to cement these character as mainstays.

I hope!

4. Mondo????

Hell to the yeah!! I for some reason feel like Krakoa and Mondo are going to have a lot of signifigance to each other.

Who is lost in space????????

Gaia is the only one I can think of.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

I Love it! Wish there was maybe a Maggott, Monet, Marrow or Blink though.

2.What do you think so far about the concept? Do you like Gen-X and New Mutants kinda merging together?

Wished they would have merged a long time ago. Concept is solid but also makes me feel like this is going to be a test series. I hope it sticks around for a long time.

3. Hickman writing suggests importance, Do you think this will final be the book to cement these character as mainstays.

I hope!

4. Mondo????

Hell to the yeah!! I for some reason feel like Krakoa and Mondo are going to have a lot of signifigance to each other.

Who is lost in space????????

Gaia is the only one I can think of.
    Gaia.. she was with Gen X and I dont think she is returning.. It could be Cannonball, it could be Warlock.. Hopefully they bump into Lila Cheney while they are out there.. Also where is Blink?

Suprisingly this is the lineup that excites me the most. I know a lot of each character but i don't know a lot about each character but i've always liked them each just not enough to seek things out. And i've never been a huge reader of the side X-line like new mutants and stuff so this will be a good jump into that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Notes:

-On the creative team: I love love love Rod Reis. His recent work in Winter Soldier: Second Chances was freaking amazing and his stuff in Doctor Strange and Civil War II was brilliant too. I can see his art style working very well in New Mutants. Hickman being around for the first arc or so is a huge plus, as I think he’ll help steer the book in the right direction and sow the seeds for future stories. I’m crossing my fingers and toes that Brisson can make full use of the cast. His Old Man Logan, NextGen and Extermination were great, whereas Disassembled and X-Force fell flat.

-The Starjammers are great fun. I fully expect at least one fun interaction between Rahne & Hepzibah.

-The question of leadership has me scratching my head. Assuming there’s a clear-cut leader here, it could be between Dani, Illyana, Sam, Roberto and Xi’an, all of which have proven themselves capable of filling that role.

1. What do you think about the line-up do you like it? Do you hate it?

I absolutely love it. I've pitched a very similar line-up in the past. Dani, Illyana, Sam, Roberto, Jono & Mondo all in one place- I'm stoked. Cypher is fun too, though I liked his original incarnation more than anything of recent years. His characterisation in Hunt for Wolverine felt off, and I feel like it was patchy before that; the snippet from House of X #1 seems to indicate a return to his original personality though. Karma and Wolfsbane aren't bad characters by any means, though just not as relatable or enjoyable as the others for me personally and can’t possibly compete with the others who are among my favourite mutants period. My pitch had Dust, Hollow & Hindsight in their place if I remember correctly, as ‘rookies’ of the New Mutants squad.

2. What do you think so far about the concept? Do you like Gen-X and New Mutants kinda merging together?

I'm all for it. Both tackled the next generation of mutants in their own way, and between the two groups they’ve had such an impact on the history of the X-Men. They absolutely deserve to be at the forefront. Its music to my ears to hear that Hickman is a big fan of Gen X, and I'm hopeful that he may be the one to bring Synch & Skin back to us, especially now we know at least a dozen dead mutants are back. I must admit of all the Gen X characters I'm surprised to see Mondo here, but it makes sense as I suspect Monet & Paige will be a part of the rotating cast in the X-Men Flagship, with the team shown on the cover to House of X #3 (Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Penance, Husk and Archangel) possibly being Hickman’s leads in the X-Men flagship.

3. Hickman writing suggests importance, do you think this will final be the book to cement these characters as mainstays?

I think that three, maybe four, of the characters involved were ‘mainstays’ anyway, those being Magik, Sunspot, Cannonball and (tentatively, due to less panel time) Dani Moonstar. Their appearances across the X-Men titles and in other books I think proves their longevity as characters, and potential to become ‘A-List’. I do think that this book may be the one to elevate their status even further, and when it comes to Chamber and Mondo, I can only hope it leads to a surge of interest in their characters.

4. Mondo????

I’m overjoyed that someone is making use of Mondo, who was pretty much forgotten right up until Cullen Bunn had him apart of the defenders of New Tian alongside Havok, Archangel, Wolfsbane, Marrow, Firestar & Toad. I think his powerset is very interesting, and I can only imagine that his innate connection to the natural world and his powerset in an interstellar environment to prove very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Can we get them some new suits though? It kinda looks like they have some redesign suits but still with black and yellow scheme. I hope this book eventually put that to rest
    I feel like out of everyone, the black & yellow team suits do make the most sense for the New Mutants, who have always had that family dynamic. Their vibe and synergy as a team unit I think fits w/ the matching uniforms. At least they've been updated rather than being the old training duds (cough cough Kitty Pryde). We've yet to see what the missing member (likely Cannonball) is wearing, and it's hard to say what Roberto might be wearing, given we can't tell when he's in his solar form, but they may be in their (also black and yellow) uniforms from their Avenging days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I guess it's nice to see that the biggest impact from Rosenberg's run is that Dani got her powers and Psi-arrows back
    He got something right. Not that it ever get a full explanation. It's as of yet uncertain if she got her illusion powers back yet though, and whether or not she'll readopt the Mirage codename.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Karma should have gotten her leg back, this being a ...ahem..."reboot”.
    Why? We've few heroes, and fewer X-Men still, with any disabilities. I think it's good representation. Taking that back I think is regression and makes that aspect of her story meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    but who is the missing member they are looking for?
    One can only assume it's Cannonball. I can't see Magma missing in space, whereas Sam already has that connection.

I'm on team "give a leg to Karma".
    Comics characters had cybernetic prosthesis for decades, and they were always more advanced than real world prothesis. But it feels like Karma's current prosthesis is not so much better than the ones that exist today.
    That didn't make sense in a world with super science, especially when surrounded with people like Forge and Madison Jeffries. And it makes even less sense in the current stories where mutants seem to have access to miraculous bio technology. If the theories about Krakoa bringing back dead people are true, I don't see why it couldn't regrow Karma's leg.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Blessed are we, to have Sunspot alive and spotty.

Also: RIP Illyana's ridiculous boob window.

As far as Karma's leg goes, does it really matter? Most of the time I forget that the prosthetic is even there. While it doesnt necessarily add to her stories or development, it also doesnt take away from it. I feel they keep it bc stands (no pun intended) as an interesting visual aesthetic and she checks off the diversity count for handicapped heroes. She is just as functional with it as hse was before

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As far as Karma's leg goes, does it really matter? Most of the time I forget that the prosthetic is even there. While it doesnt necessarily add to her stories or development, it also doesnt take away from it. I feel they keep it bc stands (no pun intended) as an interesting visual aesthetic and she checks off the diversity count for handicapped heroes. She is just as functional with it as hse was before
    They could make the New Mutants a lot more visually interesting, if they would give them individual outfits instead of the one-X-fits-all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    They could make the New Mutants a lot more visually interesting, if they would give them individual outfits instead of the one-X-fits-all.
    They all dont have the same costume. Each character has their own individual elements even if they have a unifying theme

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Gaia.. she was with Gen X and I dont think she is returning.. It could be Cannonball, it could be Warlock.. Hopefully they bump into Lila Cheney while they are out there.. Also where is Blink?
    Warlock is on Doug's arm! House of X #1's Director's said Doug's right arm "is Warlock," so that's pretty cool!

Cannonball seems fairly likely, since we know he'll be in the mix as a part of the huge rotating cast of characters from the Comic-Con panel.

Lila is an interesting idea too! Also, maybe the alien mutant Ariel from the planet Coconut Grove, who was on the original Fallen Angels with Warlock and Roberto and returned into the Mutant/X-fold during the Utopia storyline?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm on team "give a leg to Karma".
    Comics characters had cybernetic prosthesis for decades, and they were always more advanced than real world prothesis. But it feels like Karma's current prosthesis is not so much better than the ones that exist today.
    That didn't make sense in a world with super science, especially when surrounded with people like Forge and Madison Jeffries. And it makes even less sense in the current stories where mutants seem to have access to miraculous bio technology. If the theories about Krakoa bringing back dead people are true, I don't see why it couldn't regrow Karma's leg.
    I mean, it's not to say that it makes that much sense, same goes for anyone with scarring or dismembered limbs when Elixir is around, but if he just dropped by to heal every injury the stakes wouldn't be very high. Same goes if Krakoa can heal and/or revive fallen mutants. As for Karma's leg being more advanced, what would you be looking for it to have? Inbuilt WiFi?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As far as Karma's leg goes, does it really matter? Most of the time I forget that the prosthetic is even there. While it doesn't necessarily add to her stories or development, it also doesn't take away from it. I feel they keep it bc stands (no pun intended) as an interesting visual aesthetic and she checks off the diversity count for handicapped heroes. She is just as functional with it as she was before
    That's the thing. It's not as if it's been an integral part of her characterization, nor brought about an entirely unique aesthetic or anything, but why go to the lengths of restoring her biological leg? It's not doing her any harm. Healing her would make the loss of her leg entirely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

That's the thing. It's not as if it's been an integral part of her characterization, nor brought about an entirely unique aesthetic or anything, but why go to the lengths of restoring her biological leg? It's not doing her any harm. Healing her would make the loss of her leg entirely meaningless.
    as opposed to it meaning

g

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If Xavier can walk, I don't see why Karma can't regain her leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If Xavier can walk, I don't see why Karma can't regain her leg.
    Karma can still walk. Its not like they condemned her to a chair

Mighty Member

I say keep the leg cause it gives her some visual distinctiveness. If she's gonna stay in the rookie outfit, at least give her something to stand out.