Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Default Strange Adventures by King and Gerads announced for 2020

DC announced this via Twitter:
    KING • SHANER • GERADS
    #DCStrangeAdventures
    It seems that the follow-up to Mister Miracle that Kings and Gerads have been teasing will be Adam Strange, and Doc Shaner is also joining them for the ride in some capacity.

Astonishing Member

DC should just give King cosmic DC and let him do what he wants like Marvel did with Giffen/DnA and Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest. He is seemingly the only one at DC that gives a crap.

This is probably going to be the most depressing Adam Strange comic ever.

Expect Strange and Alanna to have the same kind of spousal banter as Bruce and Selina and Scott and Barda.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's what I was thinking. And I don't like depressing stories.

Always Rakzo

I'm willing to give this a chance since Adam Strange is the kind of obscure character that should be a nice fit for King's "themes over characterization" approach and there shouldn't be too much that King could get wrong about him. Who knows? This might even help to revitalize Adam Strange.

Although the fact that King only uses somber tones for his stories is bound to become repetitive just like his dialogue.

Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I'm willing to give this a chance since Adam Strange is the kind of obscure character that should be a nice fit for King's "themes over characterization" approach and there shouldn't be too much that King could get wrong about him. Who knows? This might even help to revitalize Adam Strange.

Although the fact that King only uses somber tones for his stories is bound to become repetitive just like his dialogue.
    Does Adam Strange still disappear from Rann when the Zeta beam that brought him there wears off?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Expect Strange and Alanna to have the same kind of spousal banter as Bruce and Selina and Scott and Barda.
    Yep! Hard pass. I really love this character but this will be the same thing Tom King does for every other story he writes.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If this is at all like OMEGA MEN, I'll be happy.

King's probably swinging for the fences as I think he does with all of his works. Sometimes he hits the ball out of the park (Omega Men, Mister Miracle, Vision) and sometimes he misses badly and looks foolish (Heroes in Crisis).

All I have to go by are the two cover images. They seems to indicate a big dichotomy between the heroic and the effects would-be heroism have on those supposedly being protected. Based on this, it would go on my pull list because I loved the work Tom King has done on many of his books. Also, this seems more straight forward and standard superheroics and the post trauma issues of HiC. Not that I expect straiughtforward good guys and bad guys punch each other, but a deeper psychological plot hasn't yet been introduced.

Here's hoping Alanna actually looks like an alien again.

I'm super hyped for more Adam Strange, I'm also very worried about another depressing take on DC characters from Tom King.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yes, Heroes in Crisis sucked and yes, his Batman isn't exactly consistent (but, man, when it's good...) but I've loved most of what King has done and his partnership with Gerads is an especially potent combination. Plus, hey, a new Adam Strange comic from such a great team - hard to complain on that front either.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.