Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Default Strange Adventures by King and Gerads announced for 2020

DC announced this via Twitter:
    KING • SHANER • GERADS
    #DCStrangeAdventures
    It seems that the follow-up to Mister Miracle that Kings and Gerads have been teasing will be Adam Strange, and Doc Shaner is also joining them for the ride in some capacity.

Astonishing Member

DC should just give King cosmic DC and let him do what he wants like Marvel did with Giffen/DnA and Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest. He is seemingly the only one at DC that gives a crap.

This is probably going to be the most depressing Adam Strange comic ever.

Expect Strange and Alanna to have the same kind of spousal banter as Bruce and Selina and Scott and Barda.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's what I was thinking. And I don't like depressing stories.

Always Rakzo

I'm willing to give this a chance since Adam Strange is the kind of obscure character that should be a nice fit for King's "themes over characterization" approach and there shouldn't be too much that King could get wrong about him. Who knows? This might even help to revitalize Adam Strange.

Although the fact that King only uses somber tones for his stories is bound to become repetitive just like his dialogue.

Looking forward to this.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

This reminds me of Richard Brunning and Andy Kubert's deconstructionist take on the character in the early 90s Adam Strange miniseries.

I think King is as awful to DC as the next guy, but I am surprised how this seems so enticing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Expect Strange and Alanna to have the same kind of spousal banter as Bruce and Selina and Scott and Barda.
    Yep! Hard pass. I really love this character but this will be the same thing Tom King does for every other story he writes.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If this is at all like OMEGA MEN, I'll be happy.

King's probably swinging for the fences as I think he does with all of his works. Sometimes he hits the ball out of the park (Omega Men, Mister Miracle, Vision) and sometimes he misses badly and looks foolish (Heroes in Crisis).

All I have to go by are the two cover images. They seems to indicate a big dichotomy between the heroic and the effects would-be heroism have on those supposedly being protected. Based on this, it would go on my pull list because I loved the work Tom King has done on many of his books. Also, this seems more straight forward and standard superheroics and the post trauma issues of HiC. Not that I expect straiughtforward good guys and bad guys punch each other, but a deeper psychological plot hasn't yet been introduced.

Yes, the covers seem to imply we'll be getting a treatise on biased perception/ subjectivity vs. Self image/intention ... or something. And it will likely frustrate people who want to know what's actually going on.

I'm fairly neutral on Strange, and I like King aside from HiC, so I might give it a try.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-21-2019 at 12:11 PM.

This looks amazing. I can't wait.

When King said he was teasing his next project with Gerads in an issue of HiC my top guess was Adam Strange. It looks even better than I'd thought it would. Those two covers together are wonderful. I never buy two copies of a new comic (apart from Action/Detective 1000) but I'm definitely getting both of these.

YES YES YES! After Mister Miracle, I'll buy anything King and Gerads do.

So... what TPB collections do you recommend for getting caught up on Adam Strange? I mostly know him from his guest-starring part in an issue of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.

Adam Strange actually seems like he’d be a good character for King to talk about his stuff. Like King, Strange spends a substantial amount of time away from his family “overseas” if you will and can only spend time with them on brief occasions. There’s some potentially good stuff there to talk about.

Awesome! Can’t wait!