Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
American superhero comics have always done politics. In most cases, there are clearly defined good sides and bad sides. A story about the government of Rann and Adam disenchantment with it could be interesting. I also seem to remember some shade being thrown on Sardath's characters in previous stories, so it may not be an original concept. I trust King on this. I read Omega Men, Mister Miracle, and Vision and found them three different stories with similar themes running through. I loved those stories enough to have ordered and waiting on Sheriff of Babylon. Heroes in Crisis sucked. It was a lackluster dive into emotions and personal tragedy. The superheroics and mystery used were amateurish. But every great writer I've encountered in comics has had something that's been sub-par.

A story about Adam facing up to whether he fits in on Rann is basic. The Adam/Alanna relationship doesn't worry me as I loved Scott/Barda.

There's a difference in doing politics in a generic sense of good vs. evil and freedom vs. totalitarianism. That's fine because it's universal and has wide appeal.

But if there are going to be Trump and Republican stand-ins that are obvious and one-dimensional whose sole purpose is to act as strawmen in order to prop up the author's personal politics, then that's something that I could live without.

Political diatribes of this type in comics are always poorly done -- especially in superhero comics. Can't think of a single time it wasn't.