Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Imma cheat the rules a bit, since we already know the adjectiveless book's roster is a rotating lineup of potentially everyone. Sorry! It's a fair interpretation!

EXCALIBUR

Captain Britain/Psylocke (Betsy)
    Pete Wisdom
    Rogue
    Thunderbird III (Neal)
    Cecilia Reyes
    Pixie
    Wiz Kid
    [auxiliary members: Gambit, Faiza Hussein, Meggan, Brian Braddock]

FALLEN ANGELS

Psylocke II (Kwannon)
    Polaris
    Kid Cable/WiFi
    Darwin
    Dragoness

I have a new Fallen Angels idea.

Not every mutant wants to live in Krakoa. Some just want to enjoy their lives as best they can before the next crisis hits.
    That's why Rictor, Shatterstar and Boom Boom decide to leave the X-men and share a space in LA.
    Accompanied by Guido and Bedlam, they'd have all sorts of crazy adventures while actually trying to peacefully coexist with humans.
    Maybe throw in Bill the Lobster for an even bigger connection to the original team.
    I doubt it would be the biggest sales success, but it would be fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have a new Fallen Angels idea.

Not every mutant wants to live in Krakoa. Some just want to enjoy their lives as best they can before the next crisis hits.
    That's why Rictor, Shatterstar and Boom Boom decide to leave the X-men and share a space in LA.
    Accompanied by Guido and Bedlam, they'd have all sorts of crazy adventures while actually trying to peacefully coexist with humans.
    Maybe throw in Bill the Lobster for an even bigger connection to the original team.
    I doubt it would be the biggest sales success, but it would be fun while it lasted.
    Sounds like 90s X-Force

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Now that I've read House of X #1, I decided to redo mine with a graphic:

X-MEN: Rotating people in-and-out, but my seven are the mainstays. They utilize a the voting-style decision making established in Uncanny but they are generally on the same page. This book explores society while also establishing the darker underpinnings of the Krakoan nation.

MARAUDERS: X-Men superheroics...on a boat. That's enough for me lol.

Traded out Storm and Pyro for Gambit and Marrow who have ties to Bishop and Emma, respectively (and to each other). Also the irony of those two joining the group was not lost on me.

X-FORCE: The strangeness of Krakoa softened me up to the ludicrous idea of Apocalypse joining an X-Team. I think if this book were to explore the intelligence side of the Mutant/Human war, who better than someone who's lived through it all? To tie in to a past theme, I also included three students who will graduate into a bit grittier (but not too gritty) role.

EXCALIBUR: . Largely unchanged but I swapped out Rogue and Gambit to split them up (not romantically but they don't have to work with each other, too) and to bring in Wanda to give another edge to including Rictor and Jubilee. I also added Manifold who has some mystical inclinations from his time with the mysterious Gateway. Kurt just makes sense and hopefully appeases the OG Excalibur fans a bit.

FALLEN ANGELS: Just added Daken and Polaris to further the theme of the announced lineup. I also love Daken and Laura more when together so thought that'd be perfect and then I imagined Polaris flinging people on top of rooftops in Madripoor and added her as well.

NEW MUTANTS: I only removed Doug because I really liked seeing him with Sage and want to see him as a recurring character throughout the titles rather than pinned to his old team. This group will eventually meet up with Cannonball, Husk, and Penance/Hollow in Space!, truly making it a New Mutants/Gen X mash-up.

X-CORPS: Reserving for the 'What would be YOUR Wave 2 Lineups' thread, but they do what the Marauders do but on a smaller scale, visiting little towns and villages while also working with the Krakoan staff to inherit the kingdom someday. Wanted personalities that would really bounce well of the Champions with relatable young characters from the different post-Morrison eras.

Surge, Northstar, Boom Boom, and Shatterstar joined a biker gang and riot all day. Each got cut at the last minute from one of my lineups.
    damn marvel woman is a good name for jean, that looks nice there, we should make a petition for make jean name like that
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sounds like 90s X-Force
    That's the idea lol
    But Boom Boom was a member of the Fallen Angels first, so there's precedence. Another alternative would be to call them X-Terminators, which has connection to Rictor too and sounds even more deliciously 90s.
    Tonally the book would be a mix of Nextwave, Seeley's Shatterstar mini and PAD's X-factor vol.2.
    Last edited by Factor; 08-06-2019 at 04:02 AM.