X-MEN: the flagship
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Dust
    Rockslide
    Blink (surprise addition and they need a teleporter).

FALLEN ANGELS, mutants fallen from grace, or chose to leave the X-Men for various reasons, no longer officially part of the X-men. Stealth team, who operates secretly.
    Archangel (leader)
    Cable (first the kid to be replaced by the real deal later)
    Kwannon
    Frenzy
    Unuscione
    Hellion
    Surge
    Scanner (repowered and can teleport now as well)

NEW MUTANTS: The next generation of X-Men, combined of New Mutants and Gen-X members. Minus Chamber and Cannonball, who will appear elsewhere.
    Mirage (leader)
    Sunspot (2nd in command)
    Magik
    Wolfsbane
    Husk
    Monet
    Mondo
    Penance
    PS: This team would be a mixture of all former New Mutants and Generation-X members who are still around. Divided into 2 squads (sometimes more, depending on demand) that will rotate.

EXCALIBUR: It will have to be an UK based team.
    Pete Wishdom (leader)
    Shadowcat (give her her codename back) and Lockheed
    Daytripper (Amanda)
    Psylocke (Betsy keeps her name and armor of Outback period)
    Banshee (Irish)
    Pixie (Irish)
    Chamber (English)
    Spitfire and Union Jack for special missions

MARAUDERS: Call it NEW X-MEN, mixture of Carey's team and kids that need to shine. Based on New Utopia, somewhere in the ocean
    Rogue (co-leader)
    Gambit (co-leader)
    Iceman
    Cannonball
    Namor
    Loa
    Anole
    Indra
    Ariel

X-FORCE: mutant CIA sounds like a perfect concept, I'd keep it as well.
    Bishop
    Sage
    Domino
    Armor
    Neal Shaara
    Vanisher
    X-23
    Warpath

Fallen Angels- Sunspot, Monet, and Kwannon. They've been heroes. They've been villains. They are young, hot, powerful mutants with elite, global, and underworld ties. They want to make a mark on the world, but in what shape exactly? From the high-rises of Madripoor, across the expanses of Algeria, to the slums of Brazil, in French nightclubs, and Chinese sweatshops and beyond; strap in, it's going to be an awesome ride! (They will occasionally team up with some of the other teams, and other mutants not on any rosters including Archangel, Xorn, Exodus, Magneto, White Queen, Apocalypse, Mystique, and Sabretooth.)

Excalibur- Betsy Braddock takes over as Captain Britain when her brother Brian wants to concentrate on raising his daughter and loving his wife(just recently returned from Age of X-Man). She is joined by Nightcrawler, Rachel, Dust, Oya, Chamber, and Pixie as they gallivant across the Otherworld and the laylines that crisscross the earth, exploring myth and legend popping up in the modern day.

New Mutants- Moonstar, Karma, Forge, Magik, Mondo, Prodigy, Cypher, Dazzler, Northstar, and Trinary are here to save the world that fears and hates them! They are focusing their efforts through Karma's corporation, utilizing tech to help the young people of the world, human and mutant, affect change in their communities. Karma, Forge, Prodigy, Cypher, and Trinary tend to stay at the command center while Dani leads the field team, but everyone will see some action.

X-Force- Bishop, Sage, Domino, Colossus, Kitty, Shatterstar, Rictor, and X23. Co-led by Bishop and Sage, this team is taking out the trash behind the scenes with methodical efficiency. If only their love lives ran as smoothly.

X-Factor- Cyclops, Jean, Frenzy, Beast, Polaris, Iceman, Jubilee, and Synch. Scott gathers some of his closest friends and two of the most promising next generation to find ways to re-establish trust between the world's governments and mutants by coordinating with the UN under the auspices of the XSE to help the world that fears and hates them with high level rescue and emergency support. It's an uphill battle, but one they will never stop trying to achieve.

X-Men
    - Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Cultura(aka Creep/Flourish), Manifold(expanding his powers to be more like Gateway, with limited magic/omniscience/telepathy), Tempo(she's back, baby!), and Warpath. Ororo leads some of her closest friends and some of the most promising of the next generation to find ways to help man and mutant alike step into a new age. While Scott's team tries to play nice with the authorities, Ororo's team takes greater risks to find the balance between all life on earth(and beyond). With so many irons in the fire(Ororo is coordinating with Scott, Betsy, Roberto, Lucas, and Dani's teams, some more overtly than others), can they achieve their ambitious goals without tripping over each other, or pushing the humans beyond their comfort zones too quickly?
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-23-2019 at 01:04 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I imagine my line-ups would look something like the following:

X-Men
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Banshee
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Armor
    Penance

New Mutants
    Dani Moonstar
    Magik
    Sunspot
    Cannonball
    Husk
    Chamber
    Mondo

X-Force
    Bishop
    Sage
    Shatterstar
    Kwannon
    Colossus
    Domino
    X-23
    Hellion

Excalibur
    Psylocke
    Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Dazzler
    Pixie
    Spiral
    Wolfsbane

Marauders
    Emma Frost
    Storm
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Pyro
    Rictor
    Jubilee

X-Factor
    Polaris
    Danger
    Quicksilver
    Frenzy
    Sunfire
    Warpath
    Blink
    Boom-Boom

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

X-Men
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Banshee
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Armor
    Penance

New Mutants
    Dani Moonstar
    Magik
    Sunspot
    Cannonball
    Husk
    Chamber
    Mondo

X-Force
    Bishop
    Sage
    Shatterstar
    Kwannon
    Colossus
    Domino
    X-23
    Hellion

Excalibur
    Psylocke
    Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Dazzler
    Pixie
    Spiral
    Wolfsbane

Marauders
    Emma Frost
    Storm
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Pyro
    Rictor
    Jubilee

X-Factor
    Polaris
    Danger
    Quicksilver
    Frenzy
    Sunfire
    Warpath
    Blink
    Boom-Boom
    I love these. Polaris, Quicksilver, Frenzy and Danger are also part of my X-factor dream team.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    more polaris in everything pleace
    This.......

Amazing Member

X-men The main team under Cyclops' leadeaship full of powerhouses
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine
    Archangel
    Magik
    Magneto
    Monet
    Havoc
    Rogue
    Magma
    Colossus

X-force Psylocke forms a black op secret team in order to face the X-men's newest deadly enemy.
    Psylocke
    Wolverine
    Surge
    Mirage
    Warpath
    Butterfly
    Cable
    Domino
    Elixir
    Blink
    Sage

Marauders I love the existing line up. I am not really sure about Duggan's abilities however.
    Kate Pryde
    Storm
    Bishop
    Iceman
    Pyro
    and Emma Frost

New Mutants The world has changed. Now the newest generation of mutants has a future. They intend to keep it that way.
    Hope
    Armor
    Franklin Richards
    Hellion
    Molly Hayes
    Honey Budger
    Gentle
    Hijack
    3 in 1

Excalibur Mutantkind has always been special…as has their relationship with the world—or WORLDS—around them. As this new era dawns, a new connection forms between mutants and the magic of the world!
    Nightcrawler
    Beast
    Polaris
    Gambit
    Siryn
    Boomer
    Sunspot
    Husk
    Chamber
    Sunfire

X-factor The mutants have left Earth, but the mutants problems are still a headache for SHIELD. Dazzler and Cannonball lead a team of mutants to protect the secrets of Professor X.
    Cannonball
    Dazzler
    Northstar
    Frenzy
    Rictor
    Lifeguard
    Firestar
    Manifold
    and Exodus

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Pixie (she's half-fairy and from Ireland, she's too perfect a fit not to be here)
    Love your ideas and line-ups, I just wanted to point out that Pixie is Welsh, not Irish, and likely has a biological connection to the X-villain Mastermind.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Spectacular Member

X-Men
    Chamber Corsair Cyclops Dryad Havok Hepzibah Honey Badger Lifegaurd Marvel Girl Rictor Vulcan

Marauders
    Bishop Emma Frost Gentle Iceman Shadowcat Storm

Fallen Angels
    Cable Elixir Hellion Prodigy Psylocke (Revanche Kwannon) Surge X-23

Excalibur
    Captain Britain (Betsy Braddock) Gambit Jubilee Lionheart (Brian Braddock) Northstar Pixie Rogue

X-Force
    Beast Colossus Domino Kid Omega Nature Girl Prestige Sage Wolverine

Starjammers (Replaces New Mutants)
    M Magneto Nightcrawler Scarlet Witch Quicksilver Polaris Sabertooth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Fallen Angels- Sunspot, Monet, and Kwannon. They've been heroes. They've been villains. They are young, hot, powerful mutants with elite, global, and underworld ties. They want to make a mark on the world, but in what shape exactly? From the high-rises of Madripoor, across the expanses of Algeria, to the slums of Brazil, in French nightclubs, and Chinese sweatshops and beyond; strap in, it's going to be an awesome ride! (They will occasionally team up with some of the other teams, and other mutants not on any rosters including Archangel, Xorn, Exodus, Magneto, White Queen, Apocalypse, Mystique, and Sabretooth.)

Excalibur- Betsy Braddock takes over as Captain Britain when her brother Brian wants to concentrate on raising his daughter and loving his wife(just recently returned from Age of X-Man). She is joined by Nightcrawler, Rachel, Dust, Oya, Chamber, and Pixie as they gallivant across the Otherworld and the laylines that crisscross the earth, exploring myth and legend popping up in the modern day.

New Mutants- Moonstar, Karma, Forge, Magik, Mondo, Prodigy, Cypher, Dazzler, Northstar, and Trinary are here to save the world that fears and hates them! They are focusing their efforts through Karma's corporation, utilizing tech to help the young people of the world, human and mutant, affect change in their communities. Karma, Forge, Prodigy, Cypher, and Trinary tend to stay at the command center while Dani leads the field team, but everyone will see some action.

X-Force- Bishop, Sage, Domino, Colossus, Kitty, Shatterstar, Rictor, and X23. Co-led by Bishop and Sage, this team is taking out the trash behind the scenes with methodical efficiency. If only their love lives ran as smoothly.

X-Factor- Cyclops, Jean, Frenzy, Beast, Polaris, Iceman, Jubilee, and Synch. Scott gathers some of his closest friends and two of the most promising next generation to find ways to re-establish trust between the world's governments and mutants by coordinating with the UN under the auspices of the XSE to help the world that fears and hates them with high level rescue and emergency support. It's an uphill battle, but one they will never stop trying to achieve.

X-Men
    - Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Cultura(aka Creep/Flourish), Manifold(expanding his powers to be more like Gateway, with limited magic/omniscience/telepathy), Tempo(she's back, baby!), and Warpath. Ororo leads some of her closest friends and some of the most promising of the next generation to find ways to help man and mutant alike step into a new age. While Scott's team tries to play nice with the authorities, Ororo's team takes greater risks to find the balance between all life on earth(and beyond). With so many irons in the fire(Ororo is coordinating with Scott, Betsy, Roberto, Lucas, and Dani's teams, some more overtly than others), can they achieve their ambitious goals without tripping over each other, or pushing the humans beyond their comfort zones too quickly?
    I would read all of these.. In particular, Excalibur works.. just thinking about the conversations that Oya and Trinary can have as their countries were formerly colonized by the British. And Dust also brings an interesting perspective. Dust can also add to the convo due to her country's contentious history with England as well.

Also, your X men book looks great.. This would be such an inclusive roster with great personalities and the potential for great stories... Tempo, Manifold, Warpth and Creep/Flourish deserve so much love and attention from writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I would read all of these.. In particular, Excalibur works.. just thinking about the conversations that Oya and Trinary can have as their countries were formerly colonized by the British. And Dust also brings an interesting perspective. Dust can also add to the convo due to her country's contentious history with England as well.

Also, your X men book looks great.. This would be such an inclusive roster with great personalities and the potential for great stories... Tempo, Manifold, Warpth and Creep/Flourish deserve so much love and attention from writers.
    Aww, thank you so much!

I'm happy you noticed that about Oya, Trinary, and Dust. I think they would make great contributions to the narrative, especially if you do lean into their national origins, and the history with Britain. X-Men mythology is loaded with unexplored potential.

And yes, I thought long and hard about my X-Men cast. I liked combining a very strong core cast of A-list X-Men with rather obscure and underutilized characters that have a lot to offer.

Marisol, in particular, is my favorite diamond in the rough. I had some problems with Pak's Storm solo, actually a lot of problems, but I loved his Marisol, and I loved how critical she was of the X-Men and of the culture they were espousing from their place of privilege. Her powers are actually super beast, they would be incredible to explore in detail. I'm a little annoyed at her disuse and subsequent arrival of Nature Girl, especially when there are a fair amount of young Asian girls hanging around the X-Men, but essentially no Latinas(that **** is crazy to think about). What, at best we had Feral? And Thorne? If you look upside down and sideways Amara? I also loved that she was a different body-type from the usual mutant. She could be the next great ingenue in the tradition of Kitty and Jubilee. Perfect for the MCU.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Id largely keep them the same and make minor adjustments

X-Men
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Polaris
    Kid Cable
    Hope
    Rachel
    Archangel

Excalibur
    Psylocke
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee
    Banshee

New Mutants
    Dani
    Magik
    Chamber
    Husk
    Warpath
    Wolfsbane
    Cypher

Fallen Angels
    Sunspot
    X-23
    Monet
    Empath
    Cordelia Frost

Maraurders
    Emma
    Iceman
    Kitty
    Hellion
    Maggot
    Havok

X-Force
    Wolverine
    Bishop
    Domino
    Trinary
    Colossus
    Storm
    Gentle

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Love your ideas and line-ups, I just wanted to point out that Pixie is Welsh, not Irish, and likely has a biological connection to the X-villain Mastermind.
    Thanks. Someone else pointed that out already. I got confused, I'll edit that post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I love these. Polaris, Quicksilver, Frenzy and Danger are also part of my X-factor dream team.
    Why thank you. I gave them a lot of thought and I'm pretty happy with the way they've turned out. I've left room for another 2 team books too, with a new Brotherhood and the NextGen

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

X-Men
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Banshee
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Armor
    Penance

New Mutants
    Dani Moonstar
    Magik
    Sunspot
    Cannonball
    Husk
    Chamber
    Mondo

X-Force
    Bishop
    Sage
    Shatterstar
    Kwannon
    Colossus
    Domino
    X-23
    Hellion

Excalibur
    Psylocke
    Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Dazzler
    Pixie
    Spiral
    Wolfsbane

Marauders
    Emma Frost
    Storm
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Pyro
    Rictor
    Jubilee

X-Factor
    Polaris
    Danger
    Quicksilver
    Frenzy
    Sunfire
    Warpath
    Blink
    Boom-Boom
    Some notes on my lineups, after having given them some thought:

X-Men Jean & Scott co-lead the X-Men, securing a brighter future for all mutant-kind. This remains the flagship, and deals with some of the most prominent of threats (Selene, Proteus, Bastion). They're tasked with upholding the peace and protecting Krakoa, the latest safehaven.

Cyclops: ditch the headmask thing and incorporate the 90s 'headsock' instead
    Jean Grey: leave the Marvel Girl codename and uniform behind please

New Mutants First arc remains the Search for Cannonball, with the team encountering Shi'ar & the Brood along the way.

Dani Moonstar: So far just her psychic arrows have made a return. Let's see her old mirages too.
    Magik: new costume please. not the stupid booty shorts, anime sword & headpiece. I wanna see Eldritch armor and maybe even the Darkchylde horns

X-Force CIA/Strikeforce operations. Keep Jean & Wolverine out of it- they've got the flagship. I wanna see grit and the dark underbelly of this new mutant world.

Bishop: team leader, though struggles to keep all the strong personalities of the team in check.
    Kwannon: notably not using the Psylocke mantle or costume, and instead forging her own path. I propose she either use Revanche or take the Ronin mantle
    Colossus: back at it with Neena, bc we all know he should stay far away from Kate Pryde. Bearded Piotr too pls
    X-23: take the Talon codename ffs. X-23 was supposed to be left behind.
    Hellion: rekindle his relationship with Laura. Team powerhouse, and notably uses his telekinesis differently than Kwannon (flashy and big whereas she's stealthy and methodical)

Excalibur Operating out Otherworld, but able to travel back and forth through Krakoa. The teams first order of business is figuring who was able to steal the Sword of Might & Amulet of Right, leaving both Kelsey Leigh (Lionheart) and Brian Braddock (Captain Britain) powerless. With Shadow King & Monarch (Jamie Braddock) upsetting the balance, will Betsy Braddock and her team be enough to protect Otherworld from its invaders?

Psylocke: leading the charge. Love the psychic sword & shield combo, but I also wanna see those badass psychic crossbows, maces and flails in action.
    Archangel: full control over the Archangel persona, and can switch back and forth at ease. Bring back the lovable rich playboy we know and love.
    Apocalypse: En Sabah Nur agrees to work with Betsy Braddock, but what did she promise him?
    Pixie: finds many uses for her full range of abilities, and finds her magical capabilities increasing at an alarming rate in the landscape of Otherworld.

Marauders Much the same premise. Emma Frost funds the crew and the Marauders set sail. Emma has Empath, Magma, Christian Frost and her Cuckoos backing her up.

Emma Frost: the Black King oversees the team, often through psychic projections, and trusts Ororo to not lead them astray.
    Storm: In charge. Goddess Ororo takes the crew over international waters, running into a great many threats they didn't expect.
    Gambit: Makes use of the Krakoa tree on-board to travel back-and-forth between the ship and the Thieves Guild (which comes into play in the second arc for an international heist)
    Rogue: retains control of her powers as given in MMX. Also leans on the team to borrow powers as needed, combining them in fresh and innovative ways.
    Iceman: currently dating Miguel Santos (Lightning), who takes issue with Bobby being on the high seas, especially while both Pyro & the recently-single Rictor are hitting on him.
    Rictor: separated from Shattybuns for the time being, who disagreed with him over their next move. Julio works for Emma, Shatterstar works for Bishop. They'll work it out.
    Jubilee: life of the party. everybody's favorite shipmate. Has some of the ex-Gen X students take turns in babysitting Shogo, who she visits as often as possible via the onboard Krakoa tree.

X-Factor Operates out of the Madripoor mansion. First order of business is figuring out why the Madripoor Krakoa tree is sick. Next up: finding some of the forgotten mutants of the world and bringing them into the fold.

Danger: Danger remains Lorna's confidant after having worked together for Serval Industries & then in X-Men Blue.
    Quicksilver: Pietro joins at Lorna's behest. I'd have the book undo the retcon, and restore his X-Gene and his familial relationship with Magneto
    Frenzy: Joanna is the team brawler who's not afraid to hold back. Friends with benefits with Warpath
    Sunfire: Shiro would be the resident smartass (as if Pietro didn't fill that void already). Some character development for our fav Japanese mutant who debuted nearly 50 yrs ago pls
    Warpath: James also fills the brawler void. All the women on the team adore him, much to the annoyance of Pietro & Shiro who have struck out constantly.
    Boom-Boom: Good ol Tabby is her usual self and does what she does best- blows **** the *£#- up

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    X-men
    Core cast
    Jean Grey
    Beast
    CeCe Reyes
    Warpath
    Boom Boom
    Armor
    Northstar

Rotating: Wolverine, Cyclops, Prof X, Magneto, Dr. Nemesis

Excalibur
    Captain Britain( Betsy)- Leader
    Rictor
    Nightcrawler
    Pete Wisdom
    Tarot
    Pixie
    Chamber
    Trinary
    Supporting: Meggan, Brian Braddock, Braddock School ,

New Mutants
    Mirage/Moonstar ( Leader)
    Sunspot ( 2nd in command)
    Blink
    Mondo
    Risque
    Cypher
    Hellion

Fallen Angels
    Magneto
    Emma Frost
    Frenzy
    Unuscione
    Catseye
    Exodus
    Elixir
    Threnody
    Supportingakken, Amelia Voght, Empath

X Force
    Storm
    Iceman
    Sage
    Bishop
    Monet
    Colossus
    Magma
    Support:Trance, Flourish, Oya, Gentle

Marauders
    Polaris
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Domino
    Cipher
    Shatterstar
    Husk
    Supporting: Prodigy, Forge
    Yes 20x to Unuscione.

Now that I've read House of X #1, I decided to redo mine with a graphic:

X-MEN: Rotating people in-and-out, but my seven are the mainstays. They utilize a the voting-style decision making established in Uncanny but they are generally on the same page. This book explores society while also establishing the darker underpinnings of the Krakoan nation.

MARAUDERS: X-Men superheroics...on a boat. That's enough for me lol.

Traded out Storm and Pyro for Gambit and Marrow who have ties to Bishop and Emma, respectively (and to each other). Also the irony of those two joining the group was not lost on me.

X-FORCE: The strangeness of Krakoa softened me up to the ludicrous idea of Apocalypse joining an X-Team. I think if this book were to explore the intelligence side of the Mutant/Human war, who better than someone who's lived through it all? To tie in to a past theme, I also included three students who will graduate into a bit grittier (but not too gritty) role.

EXCALIBUR: . Largely unchanged but I swapped out Rogue and Gambit to split them up (not romantically but they don't have to work with each other, too) and to bring in Wanda to give another edge to including Rictor and Jubilee. I also added Manifold who has some mystical inclinations from his time with the mysterious Gateway. Kurt just makes sense and hopefully appeases the OG Excalibur fans a bit.

FALLEN ANGELS: Just added Daken and Polaris to further the theme of the announced lineup. I also love Daken and Laura more when together so thought that'd be perfect and then I imagined Polaris flinging people on top of rooftops in Madripoor and added her as well.

NEW MUTANTS: I only removed Doug because I really liked seeing him with Sage and want to see him as a recurring character throughout the titles rather than pinned to his old team. This group will eventually meet up with Cannonball, Husk, and Penance/Hollow in Space!, truly making it a New Mutants/Gen X mash-up.

X-CORPS: Reserving for the 'What would be YOUR Wave 2 Lineups' thread, but they do what the Marauders do but on a smaller scale, visiting little towns and villages while also working with the Krakoan staff to inherit the kingdom someday. Wanted personalities that would really bounce well of the Champions with relatable young characters from the different post-Morrison eras.

Surge, Northstar, Boom Boom, and Shatterstar joined a biker gang and riot all day. Each got cut at the last minute from one of my lineups.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 07-27-2019 at 12:26 PM.