Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Mine:

X-MEN: the flagship
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey (with a new costume, for god's sake)
    Storm (Marauders sounds fun, but I need her on the main book)
    Iceman
    Monet
    Beast
    Trinary (she had potential and I want a tech person)

FALLEN ANGELS: three mutants who have been wronged trying to find new places in the world. I'd use the book as a sort of new "X-men Unlimited", with a rotating cast where characters would be added so they could be rehabilitated for good and move on to fresh new directions.
    Archangel: the book would explore how much he managed to move on from Apocalypse's hold and find balance with this Archangel persona. He'd be in charge of his company again and living in San Francisco as one of mutantkind's most prominent spokespeople.
    Revanche: building her own path away from Betsy. She'd adopt a new look unique to herself while trying to find a purpose after finally being in control of her own life and body.
    Cable: the return of the classic version to a changed world. Is he an aged up Kid Cable? Whatever happened to Wi-fi and why does Cable need Warren and Kwannon's help so much?
    Note: Revanche and Archangel would not be romantically linked. These three heroes would be united out of need by Cable and help each other evolve to new chapters in their lives.

NEW MUTANTS: the legacy of the X-men continues and Dani's team is there to make sure the new generation of mutants find a better place to live in. They'd act as a non-profit organization helping mutants in need all over the world.
    Mirage (the leader)
    Sunspot (the money)
    Prodigy (the brain, dating Husk)
    Husk (the idealist)
    Surge (trying to give others the support the X-men gave her)
    Magik (every team needs a kick-ass powerhouse)
    Mondo (why not)
    Chamber (the rebellious one)
    Karma (Dani's right hand)
    PS: the team would be BIG because members would rotate in and out and other younger mutants would appear depending on the mission/locale.

EXCALIBUR: love that this looks like a more fantasy-oriented book with a strong connection to the Otherworld. Should be really fun, but the cast is kind of random? Mine would be:
    Betsy Braddock (as either Psylocke or Captain Britain)
    Faiza Hussain (she's awesome and needs more exposure. Just give her a new codename that's not the team's name)
    Pixie (she's half-fairy and from Wales, she's too perfect a fit not to be here)
    Banshee (explore his mystical connections and his lost daughter Syrin)
    Colossus (our knight in shining armor)
    Cypher (love his new look and I want more Doug/Betsy interactions, creepiness aside)
    Kitty and Lockheed (I'd actually want a Kitty solo, but she would be a nice link to the original team)
    Nightcrawler would also be here if Marauders wasn't such a perfect fit for him, I'd have Kylun instead.

MARAUDERS: X-men as pirates - this would be my big 90s homage.
    Nightcrawler (captain!!!)
    Emma Frost
    Rogue
    Gambit (pissed off at having to join a new Marauders)
    Jubilee
    Bishop
    Marrow (I want more Emma/Sarah in my life)
    Hellion
    One of them is actually a disguised Lady Mastermind

X-FORCE: mutant CIA sounds like a perfect concept, I'd keep it.
    Sage (perfect for the intelligence part)
    Domino (it's not X-force without her)
    X-23 (Logan can keep X-men)
    Rachel (a better fit than Jean)
    Warpath
    Omega Sentinel
    Vanisher
    In the future, Cable would be back.
    Ok! Your books are WAY more appealing to me then what we got!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Generation X
    Jubes
    Jono
    Synch
    Skin
    Husk
    Vincente

X-Factor
    Scott
    Beast
    Angel
    Iceman
    Dazzler

New Mutants
    Firestar
    Roulette
    Doug
    Sam
    Bobby
    Vance Astro

Excalibur
    Rachel
    Kurt
    Micromax
    Betsy
    Spider-Woman

Mutant Force
    Skein
    Poltergeist
    Link
    Stitch
    Debris

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Now that I've read House of X #1, I decided to redo mine with a graphic:

X-MEN: Rotating people in-and-out, but my seven are the mainstays. They utilize a the voting-style decision making established in Uncanny but they are generally on the same page. This book explores society while also establishing the darker underpinnings of the Krakoan nation.

MARAUDERS: X-Men superheroics...on a boat. That's enough for me lol.

Traded out Storm and Pyro for Gambit and Marrow who have ties to Bishop and Emma, respectively (and to each other). Also the irony of those two joining the group was not lost on me.

X-FORCE: The strangeness of Krakoa softened me up to the ludicrous idea of Apocalypse joining an X-Team. I think if this book were to explore the intelligence side of the Mutant/Human war, who better than someone who's lived through it all? To tie in to a past theme, I also included three students who will graduate into a bit grittier (but not too gritty) role.

EXCALIBUR: . Largely unchanged but I swapped out Rogue and Gambit to split them up (not romantically but they don't have to work with each other, too) and to bring in Wanda to give another edge to including Rictor and Jubilee. I also added Manifold who has some mystical inclinations from his time with the mysterious Gateway. Kurt just makes sense and hopefully appeases the OG Excalibur fans a bit.

FALLEN ANGELS: Just added Daken and Polaris to further the theme of the announced lineup. I also love Daken and Laura more when together so thought that'd be perfect and then I imagined Polaris flinging people on top of rooftops in Madripoor and added her as well.

NEW MUTANTS: I only removed Doug because I really liked seeing him with Sage and want to see him as a recurring character throughout the titles rather than pinned to his old team. This group will eventually meet up with Cannonball, Husk, and Penance/Hollow in Space!, truly making it a New Mutants/Gen X mash-up.

X-CORPS: Reserving for the 'What would be YOUR Wave 2 Lineups' thread, but they do what the Marauders do but on a smaller scale, visiting little towns and villages while also working with the Krakoan staff to inherit the kingdom someday. Wanted personalities that would really bounce well of the Champions with relatable young characters from the different post-Morrison eras.

Surge, Northstar, Boom Boom, and Shatterstar joined a biker gang and riot all day. Each got cut at the last minute from one of my lineups.
    Are you single? LOL. I LOVE this

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Are you single? LOL. I LOVE this
    lmaoooo I am!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    lmaoooo I am!

Thanks!
    Yeah, I particularly love your X-Men team. That team would straight destroy anything in their path.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

X-MEN: the flagship
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Storm
    Iceman
    Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Capitain Britain (Betsy-Disassembled uniform)
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    Shadowcat
    X
    Magneto

FALLEN ANGELS: Warren’s personal hit squad against a reformed Akkaba Clan

Archangel
    Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Cable
    Rictor
    Iceman
    X23
    Cannonball

Excalibur: The defenders of the multiverse

Capitain Britain (Betsy)
    Nightcrawler
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Banshee (Theresa Cassidy)
    Colossus
    Jubilee

X-Corporation: Emma, Sunspot and Monet dissolve the Hellfire Club and join ventures with Sebastian Shaw in a Multinational Trading office for Krakoa Resources

Storm
    Bishop
    Emma
    Sebastian Shaw
    Shadowcat
    Beast
    Sunspot
    Penance (Monet)

New Mutants (I picture it as an amazonian like all female team)

Magik
    Mirage
    Magma
    Wolfsbane

X-Factor (Mutant CIA)

Havok
    Madrox
    Mystique
    Sage
    Domino
    Banshee (Sean)

Brotherhood (a mutant masonry operating from the undergrounds of Krakoa)

Magneto
    Polaris
    X
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Last edited by crimsontt; 07-27-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    X-Factor (Mutant CIA)

Havok
    Madrox
    Mystique
    Sage
    Domino
    Banshee (Sean)
    Nice ideas overall, but I particularly like this one. It's the perfect synthesis of the Washington DC 90's X-Factor foundationally, but augmented by Sean's Interpol background, Sage's long infiltration of the Hellfire Club/computer mind, and Domino's mercenary/underworld connections.

I would tweak it a bit in my own revision:

X-Factor

Storm commissions Bishop and Sage to assemble a team responsible for the collation of actionable intelligence about all relevant threats to mutantkind. Under their auspicious as XSE agents, they had access to the CIA, Mussad, MI6, and all other UN Security Council's nations intelligence, and mean to use their eidetic memory to use that info as a template for their own operations. While this team is primarily for information collection, and most actionable intel is passed on to X-Force for the wetworks, they are bound to get into a few altercations along the way! Not to mention more than enough romantic entanglements to fill a James Bond franchise!

Bishop-Future mutant police training, factored by his 616 XSE clearance, and timeline awareness, makes him a natural lead for this task. Working with Sage so closely again is bringing up old sparks.

Sage-With her computer brain, perfect memory, XSE clearance and long experience with infiltration, Sage is perfect for this task, and working with Lucas again starts to bring out a long hidden facet to this fighting machine.

Banshee-Finally returned to a semblance of his old self, Sean is happy to return to his roots as a detective and intelligence agent, as he was in his youth. Teaming up with Emma also gives him memories of their time in Massachusetts.

Emma and the Cuckoos - representing the head of the PSI-division, Emma keeps her Cuckoos scanning the world for threats and passing on relevant information to the team. Not only does she get the best insider trading tips in this deal, she's also found herself melting that frozen heart in the close company of Sean again after all this time. Meanwhile her clones are contemplating the possibilities with Jamie...

Cypher- with telepaths around, speaking different languages doesn't seem that handy anymore, except when you realize there is a hidden language written in the patterns of life, both in the flesh and online, that Doug can understand as plainly as English. Working in concert with Sage and Emma, he finds the novel approaches no one else can.

Cipher- Able to go intangible and invisible, Alisa has the perfect skills for a spy. Wherever the PSI division fails due to shielding or what have you, Cipher is sent in to be a ghost in the room.

Multiple Man- while PSIs in the minds and digital spheres, and super spies hiding in plain sight are all well and good, there is something undeniable about feet on the ground. As many feet on the ground as you need! Jaime brings his own brand of investigation and a limitless pool of agents to the team, and a little levity.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-27-2019 at 06:45 PM.

What are the rules here? We gotta use the titles from Wave 1, or can we freestyle with squad colors or all new team names?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What are the rules here? We gotta use the titles from Wave 1, or can we freestyle with squad colors or all new team names?
    The rules are in the OP. You're supposed to remix using mostly the established squads, but there's wiggle room.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Nice ideas overall, but I particularly like this one. It's the perfect synthesis of the Washington DC 90's X-Factor foundationally, but augmented by Sean's Interpol background, Sage's long infiltration of the Hellfire Club/computer mind, and Domino's mercenary/underworld connections.

I would tweak it a bit in my own revision:

X-Factor

Storm commissions Bishop and Sage to assemble a team responsible for the collation of actionable intelligence about all relevant threats to mutantkind. Under their auspicious as XSE agents, they had access to the CIA, Mussad, MI6, and all other UN Security Council's nations intelligence, and mean to use their eidetic memory to use that info as a template for their own operations. While this team is primarily for information collection, and most actionable intel is passed on to X-Force for the wetworks, they are bound to get into a few altercations along the way! Not to mention more than enough romantic entanglements to fill a James Bond franchise!

Bishop-Future mutant police training, factored by his 616 XSE clearance, and timeline awareness, makes him a natural lead for this task. Working with Sage so closely again is bringing up old sparks.

Sage-With her computer brain, perfect memory, XSE clearance and long experience with infiltration, Sage is perfect for this task, and working with Lucas again starts to bring out a long hidden facet to this fighting machine.

Banshee-Finally returned to a semblance of his old self, Sean is happy to return to his roots as a detective and intelligence agent, as he was in his youth. Teaming up with Emma also gives him memories of their time in Massachusetts.

Emma and the Cuckoos - representing the head of the PSI-division, Emma keeps her Cuckoos scanning the world for threats and passing on relevant information to the team. Not only does she get the best insider trading tips in this deal, she's also found herself melting that frozen heart in the close company of Sean again after all this time. Meanwhile her clones are contemplating the possibilities with Jamie...

Cypher- with telepaths around, speaking different languages doesn't seem that handy anymore, except when you realize there is a hidden language written in the patterns of life, both in the flesh and online, that Doug can understand as plainly as English. Working in concert with Sage and Emma, he finds the novel approaches no one else can.

Cipher- Able to go intangible and invisible, Alisa has the perfect skills for a spy. Wherever the PSI division fails due to shielding or what have you, Cipher is sent in to be a ghost in the room.

Multiple Man- while PSIs in the minds and digital spheres, and super spies hiding in plain sight are all well and good, there is something undeniable about feet on the ground. As many feet on the ground as you need! Jaime brings his own brand of investigation and a limitless pool of agents to the team, and a little levity.
    This is cool and fresh.. Reminds me of the good ole well thought out fan fiction that use to be written in the early 2000s.. I miss that era so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    This is cool and fresh.. Reminds me of the good ole well thought out fan fiction that use to be written in the early 2000s.. I miss that era so bad.
    Thanks! I might have to develop a few of these concepts further.

Default Switching the Dawn of X Line-Ups

I've seen some complaints of the roster(s) chosen for the books and I thought about having a thread about changes you'd make when choosing the line-ups. To keep this a bit different than other threads asking to create your own line-ups, I've gonna have to give the suggestion/guideline to only use characters already announced or used in a book already. Also try not to add or subtract too many members from a particular roster. Otherwise, have at it.

That said, I'll go first.

X-Men
    No changes, it's a rotating roster.

Marauders
    Gambit (leader due to nature, Storm basically is leading though)
    Storm
    Rogue
    Kwannon
    Moonstar
    Pyro

Mission Statement; same as before, but powered by the Thieves & Assassins Guild instead of the Hellfire Trading Company

X-Force
    Sunspot (leader, bringing back the AIM connection)
    Bishop
    Emma Frost
    Sage
    Domino
    Wolverine
    Cypher

Misson Statement; same, but more members clearly associated with espionage, information gathering or black-ops

Excalibur
    Psylocke (leader)
    Wolfsbane
    Chamber
    Colossus
    Magik
    Black Tom
    Mondo

Mission Statement; same, now full of Europeans! Also magic.

New Mutants
    Jean Grey (leader)
    Iceman
    Beast
    Shadowcat
    Rictor
    Quintin

Mission Statement; less of a rescue Cannonball mission, more of a teach new generation of mutants who might also go to space for some reason!

Fallen Angels
    Kid Cable
    X-23
    Apocalpyse

Misson Statement; same edgyness, more Apocalypse x K!Cable drama.

I’ve been doing something similar while I ride the bus, and while I love most of my team chemistries, I’m coming up empty dealing with the X-Force/New Mutants generation.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’ve been doing something similar while I ride the bus, and while I love most of my team chemistries, I’m coming up empty dealing with the X-Force/New Mutants generation.
    Yeah it can be a bit difficult if you want to keep to what was chosen. I think X-Force can be work, but with NM unless you stick to Legacy characters, it feels a bit random. I just chose to stick with premise of the new generation theme + characters that want to influence a new generation through knowledge (aka teachers).

Oh no I meant I’m coming up empty finding a place for Moonstar, Shatterstar, Wolfsbane, etc. Most of the classics are handled, but the second generation needs attention.