Default Giganta And her intelligence

One thing that has been bothering me is the fact Sc has never really used the fact Giganta is also a scientist. Should it be dropped or would there be a way you would work her job into her stories. Her interested Ryan Choi seems interesting also.

It'd require them to define what she knows in a way that makes her credible, but not OP. It falls into the same category as a lot of villains who use their knowledge to create gadgets and weapons, but not practical things....

I've said it before, but, to me, Doris Zeul is one of Diana's many interesting and brilliant mad scientist-doctors, but rarely if ever is portrayed that way. While gigantic, dumb brute when she transforms in Giganta has shades of the Hulk to it compared to Bruce Banner, I'd at least like to see Doris portrayed as intelligent and malevolent when in normal human form. I'd even go for her retaining her intelligence while in giant form as she is now.

I just think there are much more interesting places to go with her thematically and story-wise if she's portrayed as an intelligent, morally-challenged doctor.

So how should people write her? So far the main way she has gotten her powers is because she tried to change bodies with Diana. However, what if she was already experimenting on herself ? She was already a very tall woman. Originally a also thought about Doris being part giant and that’s how she got her powers.

That her mythic part was causing issues. That the two should have never crossed. She trying to find a way to fix that. Also, j often find it interesting if she could be taller than 50ft.

I think there should be more than one Giganta: one the scientist, the other the ape-woman.

How should that go?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How should that go?
    The Ape-woman is Zeul's clone of herself mixed with gorilla DNA as a prototype before working on the gigantification process on herself. The clone wears the leapord print gear while the doctor wears a jumpsuit.

The original was a load of mad science, but slightly less mad, but even more evil science works well too

Also the idea of having two of Giganta amuses me

Why would she want to gigantification? This is one of the more important questions.

Why would she want to gigantification? This is one of the more important questions.
    That's the thing about mad scientists... there are often unseen circumstances to their work thanks to hubris.

In Superfriends she just stole magic from one of the Superfriends. I mean if we keep the reason how she got her powers because she was sick. She could steal from Diana. The purple healing ray. I don't know somehow due to magic I often thought maybe she should have taken giant DNA. I mean if we want to take Doris out of just being hired help any ideas? Should she be kept in a gray area?

In Superfriends she just stole magic from one of the Superfriends. I mean if we keep the reason how she got her powers because she was sick. She could steal from Diana. The purple healing ray. I don't know somehow due to magic I often thought maybe she should have taken giant DNA. I mean if we want to take Doris out of just being hired help any ideas? Should she be kept in a gray area?
    I'm okay with Doris having moments of morality, but I'd preferably have her as a villain first, or at least someone who fails many times at Diana's attempts to reform her. I get that's part of Diana's thing and I have a story in mind about Giganta being held and rehabilitated on Transformation Island, but so many villainesses get the anti-villain treatment now, that's more exciting to keep some a villainesses.

That doesn't mean they don't have a heart or feelings for some people or are complex, but it might be limited and cause them to lash out and cause harm to others.

But, I'm also someone who likes Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn as villainesses, as opposed to anti-heroes.

I see her as someone who embodies the simplest villain motive, being self-centered. IE, I want stuff, and I don't care how many laws I have to break to get it. It's a petty, "little evil" sort of motive, but a very relatable one. And yeah one that lends itself to having the character become an anti-hero or help heroes when it suits them.