Thread: Collapser

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Default Collapser

Anyone else read this? I didn't see a thread (please delete if there already is one).

I thought the first issue was great. Really solid character work. Very excited for #2.

The black hole of self doubt and turmoil that is anxiety manifesting as a literal black hole in your chest. Neat.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-21-2019 at 11:33 AM.

I came close to picking this up. I read the first few pages in the shop and something about the nervous energy of the main character rubbed me the wrong way so I passed.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I read it, seems cool so far. first issue felt like a quaint pilot, has a sort of Toonami animated series kinda feel to me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I read it, seems cool so far. first issue felt like a quaint pilot, has a sort of Toonami animated series kinda feel to me.
    Yeah, it was super pilot-y. Worked for me though, I'm hooked on for #2 and I felt like I got a really good understanding of Liam as a person.

Nice to see shitty day jobs in comics, and not just characters living in studio apartments without reason.

I just read it and thought it was great. Really liking the internal anxious narration, feels similar to what’s going on with Dark Horse’s She Could Fly (totally worth reading). Definitely interested in seeing where issue #2 takes us!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I'm tempted to pick it up now. I'd missed the solicitations for it... Its interesting. . .

This is the type of thing that Dc needs to do IMHO.
    Everyone seems down on Dan Didio, because the things he wants to do the the big characters, but if he didn't keep trying his best to "NEW52" things
    I think he could have it with a "Marvel within DC - verse" thing that don't involve the Justice League but are JUST as important... or twice as interesting.

EDIT: I looked around its highly review.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 07-24-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.