Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1167

Let's do a deep dive of everything that has happened in the first 3 issues.

I'm trying very hard to stay interested. So maybe I am missing some things.

Apocalypse is definitely using this team to his own benefit.

I still don't get why he is so interested in mutant magic and the Captain Britain stuff.

Rogue is out of commission in a flower power pod.

Jubilee is worred about leaving Shogo alone with other mutants.

Gambit is worried about Rogue.

Rictor is on the scene now. That's still spoilers so I can't talk about him.

Betsy. She has the mantle of Captain Britain because of Brian.

She expected to give it right back but circumstances have changed that. And now she may be the one and only Captain Britain.

I'll have to re read all three to see what else we have going on here.

It has dwelt more into what magic is to our world and how that differs in Otherworld. Shogo being a dragon and babies more suspectible, malleable and more proficient in fairy magic.

Apocalypse is trying to understand and control mutant magic. Witch seems to be different then the established order that deities hand magic to those that ask for it. The end prodcut is probably that mutant culture and mutants generate their own magic instead of relying on otherwordly sources. Wiccan in Avengers comes to mind.

It also has begining to dive into the link between Britain-CB-Otherworld. How one influences the other. With the corruption of Brian being the most notable example. They will probably explore more how Britain and Otherworld influences each other. I think Trevor Hairsine handled this to some extent in his wisdom mini some years ago. How welsh magic was influenced and influenced it's people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It has dwelt more into what magic is to our world and how that differs in Otherworld. Shogo being a dragon and babies more suspectible, malleable and more proficient in fairy magic.

Apocalypse is trying to understand and control mutant magic. Witch seems to be different then the established order that deities hand magic to those that ask for it. The end prodcut is probably that mutant culture and mutants generate their own magic instead of relying on otherwordly sources. Wiccan in Avengers comes to mind.

It also has begining to dive into the link between Britain-CB-Otherworld. How one influences the other. With the corruption of Brian being the most notable example. They will probably explore more how Britain and Otherworld influences each other. I think Trevor Hairsine handled this to some extent in his wisdom mini some years ago. How welsh magic was influenced and influenced it's people.
    Do you mean Paul Cornell?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yes. How silly of me. Trevor was the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yeah Paul Cornell wrote that series and Trevor Hairsine did the pencils. If anyone here wants to see how a comics book with British themes should be written, check out the aforementioned Wisdom series and also check out Captain Britain and MI13 series.

BANNED

Apocalypse: Have you tried not being depressed?

Rictor: Wow thanks I’m cured

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Lol he literally went that route.

Just stop being sad, Rictor. Duh.

Genuine conversation (more or less) that I had with a therapist about 10 years ago. Spoiler alert: spoilers:
    it didn't work
    end of spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Rictor needed someone to hold his hand. Enter Grey Knight in Celestial Armor.

“Sometimes when I’m really down in the dumps I think about all the good I’ve done in furthering the cause of survival of the fittest.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Lol he literally went that route.

Just stop being sad, Rictor. Duh.
    Well...not all depression is clinical and detrimental in nature so as to require drugs and therapy.
    Sometimes (And, I speak from experience) it's all a matter of changing one's perspective and coming to a new understanding of the world around you, your place in it and how you navigate/live/react with that new understanding. Sometimes, the remedy could be as simple as changing your diet...It depends on the individual and the circumstances under which they'r depressed.
    Besides...
    There are drugs and Psis on Krakoa that can help if it's more deep and serious.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

To b fair, Apocalypse would think that way. Bah, just banish unworthy thoughts! They only make you weak, be strong!

BANNED

Not gonna lie it was kinda hot when Apocalypse was like ‘there’s nothing you can break that I can’t fix, now get out of bed and do what I tell you”

Damn, where’s my big muscle daddy that’s gonna fix my life.

The guest artist, Will Santos, was commissioned a Captain Britain piece. I'm liking this art.