Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

To be clear, I never said that I think this book will only focus on Betsy. It seems that Tini has a lot of love for all the characters in the roster. I was just voicing what I think might happen with Rogue during this first arc, judging by the solicits and promo art already released. Rogue's subplot might take her out of action for a few issues. Or not. I don't really know. Just a feeling.

And Legacy was definitely advertised as a Rogue focused book, following the footsteps of Xavier's Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    pre-Schism, it wasnt really a team but when Gage took over, it had those 4 characters plus Cannonball, Husk, Iceman (and at times Wolverine) for a more traditional team. Thats how the book was advertised but the writing didnt feel like a true team book. People thought Carey was the fanboy that wanted it to be a Rogue solo but that same energy was kept even after he left
    and which is not bad. because Rogue is great and extremely powerful when he wants to be.

but I do not know can blame the writers who take rogue end up loving her and giving more prominence than many of the team. This same step happened on ua vol 2/3/4 where all the characters shone. but Rogue stood out.

legacy was great just like rogueandgambit and mrandmrsx

but the avenger stage of rogue was epic I will give a tiny 10 isues opportunity (since I was never a fan of the former excalibur) if you don't convince me I will pray with all my soul for Rogue to return with the avengers, because what Hickman is doing with the mutants it seems to me a complete disgust and garbage. but I hope to see what Tiny has planned for Rogue.

Yep i remember this, when Christos took over it was advertised as a team book through interviews etc.

But i think there were issues or a change of mandate due to an event or something so he decided to just focus on Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Yep i remember this, when Christos took over it was advertised as a team book through interviews etc.

But i think there were issues or a change of mandate due to an event or something so he decided to just focus on Rogue.
    It was a mandate. Gage said in interviews he'd hoped to write it as a team book, but editorial preferred to keep the focus on Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It was a mandate. Gage said in interviews he'd hoped to write it as a team book, but editorial preferred to keep the focus on Rogue.
    Ohhh thanks for the heads up. Forced to write a Rogue solo!

Back on topic, Trini has shown loads of love to all of the characters on Twitter, i'm sure it'll be great

BANNED

Carey never wanted a solo book either.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Carey never wanted a solo book either.

Well .... legacy was a Rogue solo lol. And i love this

‘There’s a lot to say about Betsy’ – Tini Howard and Marcus To talk Excalibur

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...alk-excalibur/

BANNED

That sure looks like Shogo on Krakoa to me.

Is that Evan in the top panel of the Rogue/Gambit page?

I have wanted Betsy to a) go back to being British and b) deal with the psychological fallout of that identity crisis after living in the security of being an unstoppable fantasy object for decades, so I am happy to see they will continue to delve into that and not shrug it off. IMO Betsy has been struggling with defining herself since she first joined the X-Men if not before. Living in Kwannon's skin ended that for a long time. She had forever armor. Now she is 'weak' again, but only in her own mind - at least, how her mind often perceived her before the Siege Perilous.
    Last edited by powerpax; 10-17-2019 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That sure looks like Shogo on Krakoa to me.

Is that Evan in the top panel of the Rogue/Gambit page?

I have wanted Betsy to a) go back to being British and b) deal with the psychological fallout of that identity crisis after living in the security of being an unstoppable fantasy object for decades, so I am happy to see they will continue to delve into that and not shrug it off. IMO Betsy has been struggling with defining herself since she first joined the X-Men if not before. Living in Kwannon's skin ended that for a long time. She had forever armor. Now she is 'weak' again, but only in her own mind - at least, how her mind often perceived her before the Siege Perilous.
    I agree with you. I am glad they aren't ignoring that she was forced into Kwannon's body and it wasn't her choice, or Kwannon's choice either.

It really sounds like they are going to be exploring Elizabeth's connection to her brother, to Britain, to the Captain Britain Corps, and to Krakoa. It's going to be an interesting ride for sure.

They didn't talk about the other characters too much but there were a lot of hints that everyone is getting revamped uniforms, and Rogue's uniform is going to change in the first few issues.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    ‘There’s a lot to say about Betsy’ – Tini Howard and Marcus To talk Excalibur

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...alk-excalibur/
    Thanks!
    I'm really eager to know what's going on with Rogue. Can't wait to see her new look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I agree with you. I am glad they aren't ignoring that she was forced into Kwannon's body and it wasn't her choice, or Kwannon's choice either.

It really sounds like they are going to be exploring Elizabeth's connection to her brother, to Britain, to the Captain Britain Corps, and to Krakoa. It's going to be an interesting ride for sure.

They didn't talk about the other characters too much but there were a lot of hints that everyone is getting revamped uniforms, and Rogue's uniform is going to change in the first few issues.
    Yes kwannon was brain dead and betsy was forced into the body swap. Though there is the guilt of living and fitting into another woman skin. Betsy did appreciated living in the warrior body of her dreams, she was free of her body issues ( if her body dysmorphia mentioned x-tremists was actually cannon ), incorporated japanese aesthetics and even mannerisms. There s indeed a conflictive layer of appropriation that could raise a lot of guilt in our girl and incredible and relevant side plots regarding white privileges. Betsy was the one who survived all this years after all, she had best of worlds, being a caucasian aristocrat from inside, living in a brave, sensual, enduring body of a person of color. No one is to be blamed but there are indeed some cultural/ social parallels and it would be a waist not to explore this now that psylocke reverted back and kwannon is there to acknowledge all that she lost (twice) so that princess betsy could live.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 10-17-2019 at 10:07 AM.

They didn't really give any new information. I really hope that Tini Howard has read all of the recent interactions with Betsy and Brian. Although they are twins and care for each other. They have clashed a lot.

Not much details on Rogue, Gambit, Rictor, or Jubilee.

I hope she's just holding back a lot of info to surprise us when the issues come out.

Howard: Incredibly! As I’m writing this, I’ve just finished #6 and it’s amazing to me how far these characters have come. They might seem like a motley crew to some, but to me, who has been spending so much time with them, they’re unquestioningly linked now.

This made me smile.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Howard: Incredibly! As I’m writing this, I’ve just finished #6 and it’s amazing to me how far these characters have come. They might seem like a motley crew to some, but to me, who has been spending so much time with them, they’re unquestioningly linked now.

This made me smile.
    It's interesting that she calls them a motley crew. This is just the 90's Blue team but with Apocalypse and Rictor instead of Beast, Wolverine, and Cyclops. Two thirds of them have been linked and on the same teams for decades.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 10-17-2019 at 10:32 AM.