Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Will the fart powers come back?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Will the fart powers come back?
    I hope we see the other weird Death powers that he kept randomly developing

Like trapping people inside cards, or throwing cards at people to turn their skin black and turn them into his thralls

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think Rogue is one of the few main characters that has been consistently written in a nice way. She was great from Legacy to Uncanny to Mr and Mrs X.
    Agreed with this

Why do I have the feelig that Rogue will fall ill at the end of issue #1 and only "wake up" in issue #6?

*sighs*

I kind of get the feeling Gambit and Rogue are not priority for the writer. Even though I hope they are. It seems going by what the artist said in that interview. The focus for the first couple issues is going to be Betsy and Apocalypse. Which is fine because I am a Betsy stan. But I do hope Tini juggles the characters correctly and give them all some time to shine.

Not going to lie, if this isn't treated like a team book, i'm out. I like Betsy/Apoc but they're are not my main draw for the book.

A coupe of weeks and hopefully we're wrong about this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Why do I have the feelig that Rogue will fall ill at the end of issue #1 and only "wake up" in issue #6?

*sighs*
    Yeah we don't know enough yet to be sure but it looks like Rogue will be more of a plot device then an actual protagonist which... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

*sighs*
    I have the same feeling.
    If Gambit and Rogue will be just wallpapers to support Betsy vs Apoc story then I will drop book fast. I hate secret solos marked as team books and won't support them.

New Tini interview probably will be released this week. Will see what she will say.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-16-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I have the same feeling.
    If Gambit and Rogue will be just wallpapers to support Betsy vs Apoc story then I will drop book fast. I hate team books marked as solos and won't support them.

New Tini interview probably will be released this week. Will see what she will say.
    LOL....the ironic thing is Rogue had that years ago with Legacy, though I think to meant solo books marked as team ones

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL....the ironic thing is Rogue had that years ago with Legacy, though I think to meant solo books marked as team ones
    I hate Rogue's Legacy book and never supported it.

Yeah, I changed. Thanks.

While I do think the first issue is going to be Betsy heavy I really do think Tini is going to delve into some of the other characters just as much. Betsy has the biggest and most obvious change so we're naturally going to get a lot of her story in the opening. We know Rogue is going to go through a big change so it makes sense she's not going to talk about her much because of spoilers. And she's made her love of Rictor pretty well known and we know he's going to be helping Poccy with something.

The only ones I wouldn't expect much or just really there as support are Gambit and Jubes. Shogo being on the island could potentially become a big plot point for Jubilee though so her time could come. Gambit...idk lol. He might get more shine after Rogue's transformation?
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-16-2019 at 01:39 PM.

But that was always advertised as a solo...that's what X-Men Legacy was in all three incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    While I do think the first issue is going to be Betsy heavy I really do think Tini is going to delve into some of the other characters just as much. Betsy has the biggest and most obvious change so we're naturally going to get a lot of her story in the opening. We know Rogue is going to go through a big change so it makes sense she's not going to talk about her much because of spoilers. And she's made her love of Rictor pretty well known and we know he's going to be helping Poccy with something.

The only ones I wouldn't expect much or just really there as support are Gambit and Jubes. Shogo being on the island could potentially become a big plot point for Jubilee though so her time could come. Gambit...idk lol. He might get more shine after Rogue's transformation?
    Yeah, I think it makes a lot of sense to put a lot of the marketing on Betsy because her new status quo is going to have people curious. Rogue has gotten a lot of attention in the solicits though, so I don't think there will be a problem with character balance.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 10-16-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    But that was always advertised as a solo...that's what X-Men Legacy was in all three incarnations.
    No it wasnt. After Carey left and the Schism happened, it was restructured to be more like a traditional team book in Regenesis but the focus was still heavily on Rogue

Instead of the students being Rogue's supporting cast, it just became the vets, but it still felt like a Rogue solo despite the outward appearance that it wouldnt be anymore

No it wasnt. After Carey left and the Schism happened, it was restructured to be more like a traditional team book in Regenesis but the focus was still heavily on Rogue

Instead of the students being Rogue's supporting cast, it just became the vets, but it still felt like a Rogue solo despite the outward appearance that it wouldnt be anymore
    That was definitely not my takeaway from that book post-Schism. It always seemed like it was going to be a continuation of what was happening before just at the school instead of Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    That was definitely not my takeaway from that book post-Schism. It always seemed like it was going to be a continuation of what was happening before just at the school instead of Utopia.
    pre-Schism, it wasnt really a team but when Gage took over, it had those 4 characters plus Cannonball, Husk, Iceman (and at times Wolverine) for a more traditional team. Thats how the book was advertised but the writing didnt feel like a true team book. People thought Carey was the fanboy that wanted it to be a Rogue solo but that same energy was kept even after he left