Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Have you guys read Strikeforce by Tini Howard?

It was a bit chaotic for me. Like a lot of plots/characters thrown in within a few pages. A bit too fast for my liking.

I hope Excalibur is going to be more "orderly" and it won't introduce so much stuff out of thin air.
    Didn`t like Strikeforce at all. Chaotic describes it really good.

I hope Excalibur will be better. At least art in Excalibur will be much much better then in Strikeforce. To is great.

Strikeforce (hilarious how this thread spiraled into a SF talk) was delightful, imho.

Mysterious. Foreboding. All of the characters had very spot on descriptions and voices and behaviors, from my experience with them anyway.
    Cliffhanger was solid. I dug it.

I read the director cut just now and it was better than the comic for me lol the art really didn't click for me.

I read the director cut just now and it was better than the comic for me lol the art really didn't click for me.
    I hope Excalibur will get director cut too.
    Love such stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope Excalibur will get director cut too.
    Love such stuff.
    It was nice to read indeed.

There were some small things that I noticed. One thing is that she requested for blonde haired Hellstrom but then she got the horrible bald version from the current Avengers arc. He's supposed to be diabolical sexy, not creepy. And it said that the lack of trident is going to be explained later. She also asked for white haired Satana, to which I prefer the redhead Thunderbolt version but that's mostly me, because white hair and horns is kind of iconic.
    Then some stuff didn't translate to me through the art like Jessica looking very upset about the shape-shifting thing, other than just saying a sentence out loud. Or the shock on Blade when he stabbed Hellstrom.

This all to say the script was very detailed xd I liked that. But art not so much.

And sorry I didn't mean to turn this into Strikeforce appreciation.

Yeah, its very difficult to translate any kind of EMOTING with Jess when you the top half of her face is covering. But I really loved that nod to her dislike of shapeshifters hahaha.

Has there been any hint of mutant magic yet?

Selene and Emplate, Magik and wanda back when she was a mutant all use magic...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, its very difficult to translate any kind of EMOTING with Jess when you the top half of her face is covering. But I really loved that nod to her dislike of shapeshifters hahaha.
    Yeah I don't get why they reverted her back to that costume.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post

Forge also knows magic. Emplate is kinda random hahaha he knows/does magic with no backstory.

Selene and Magik probably are the most powerful mutant magic user. Then there's also Syrin, who is a literal goddess.
    I'm pretty sure Excalibur will tie them more into magic, and it looks like they might explore Rictor's connection to the Earth.

Also, is Wiccan still a mutant? And is he still doing some magic or did he evolve into full reality warp?

I’m really hoping that all these characters get a chance to shine and this book doesn’t focus solely on Betsy. I mean I love Betsy but this is the only title where I’m going to seemingly get my Gambit/Rogue fix lol so we need more Of them. Was the marriage between Gambit/Rogue considered canon and present in this title as well? Or was HOX/POX kind of Hickman’s way of rebooting everything to a clean slate for Dawn of X?

Yeah I don't get why they reverted her back to that costume.
    From what I hear, Tini Howard likes Jessica's classic costume better so she switched back.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post

Tini has said this mutant magic is a new thing. Everyone else have been mutants who practice different types of magic. We’re going to learn exactly what mutant magic is and what it does in this title.

Also, is Wiccan still a mutant? And is he still doing some magic or did he evolve into full reality warp?
    Until proven otherwise, my boy Billy will always be a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m really hoping that all these characters get a chance to shine and this book doesn’t focus solely on Betsy. I mean I love Betsy but this is the only title where I’m going to seemingly get my Gambit/Rogue fix lol so we need more Of them. Was the marriage between Gambit/Rogue considered canon and present in this title as well? Or was HOX/POX kind of Hickman’s way of rebooting everything to a clean slate for Dawn of X?
    I lowered my expectations for Excalibur after Tini interviews. Except of issue 1, Gambit never was mentioned in solicits again for first 4 issues or in Tini interview`s.
    I fear that he was added to book by editors just to have some star power and Tini wasn`t really interested in him. Cough lame Soule`s Astonishing Couh

Still hoping for best.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I lowered my expectations for Excalibur after Tini interviews. Except of issue 1, Gambit never was mentioned in solicits again for first 4 issues or in Tini interview`s.
    I fear that he was added to book by editors just to have some star power and Tini wasn`t really interested in him. Cough lame Soule`s Astonishing Couh

Still hoping for best.
    Damn don’t tell me that lol. I did read some interviews as well and yea, it’s looking a bit bleak for those not named Betsy at the moment. However it is early so yea much like you, I’m hoping for the best. I’m coming fresh off reading Mr and Mrs X and damn that series was so much fun. Guess I was hoping for that Gambit Rogue characterization to continue.