Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast

Default EXCALIBUR by Tini Howard & Marcus To Appreciation 2019

Yes, I'm not waiting. Let's appreciate this new TEAM, new STATUS QUO, new MISSION and new BOOK!

COMING THIS OCTOBER.

Writer Tini Howard and artist Marcus To join forces to shape a new day!

Mutantkind has always been special…as has their relationship with the world—or WORLDS—around them. Can the new Captain Britain forge a new way through the chaos with her companions Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor…and Apocalypse!?

Team members:

CAPTAIN BRITAIN (Betsy Braddock)
    ROGUE
    GAMBIT
    RICTOR
    JUBILEE
    APOCALYPSE

I AM HERE FOR THIS! I think it might be the only title I'm picking up.

I'm still trying to understand what this whole new mutant world means. I don't think this team is going to be based on England. I don't think there will be an England. Guess we'll have a better understanding of this during House of X/ Powers of X.

BANNED

Why would Apocalypse with this? That's the first question I want answered.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Apocalypse is going to betray everybody so hard.

We're gonna have to wait till October. But I believe Hickman stated that he will be appearing in the later half of HoXPoX. So maybe he sets up something new for Apocalypse. Also there is that one page story in Marvel 1000 or whatever its called. Someone help me out here. That may also explain some things. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I am just sad that my great dream for Katherine Pryde to be the next horseman of Apocalypse isn't coming to pass. So disappointed.

Otherwise, I am excited for the new Excalibur, and I love that Betsy gets some time in the spotlight again. I wonder if they are going to be based out of Britain or the new X nation? I see all the forest in the background so I think this Excalibur will mostly be based in the new X nation realm.

Also I'm really hoping that Brian and Meggan make a few appearances in this new launch.

I am quite interested in this book too. I'll have to take some time to read other works by Tini Howard, but Hickman apparently spoke highly of her and I've seen other positive comments about her writing record in general terms.

It's always nice to see Betsy again and, you know, assuming the Captain Britain persona one more time isn't bad at all. Having Rogue and Gambit plus Jubilee on the same roster is a good development too. I don't know much about Rictor. It'll be a completely new incarnation of Excalibur but I hope they will be able to recapture at least part of the same spirit, even if the team's mission and methods are different.

It would seem plausible that Apocalypse's position in this team might be a combination of the recent events from Age of X-Man and upcoming developments in House of X or Powers of X. I still wouldn't trust him at this point, so the potentially inevitable betrayal angle should remain in every reader's mind.

For now, I think his presence should add some sense of mystery and tension to the character dynamics. In addition, since Apocalypse is such an ancient being and should have access to unknown sources of knowledge, that also allows the writer to introduce and develop additional lore, whether magical or otherwise. I presume that will tie into the whole "mutant magic" concept that the author has brought up on Twitter.

Some info about the book originally from the Mr & Mrs X thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax
    From Tini’s Twitter account (responding to ‘how can you have an X-Men & magic storyline without any mutants who actually practice magic?):

This is a great point I was hoping would get brought up.

There have never been practicioners of mutant magic, before. It has never existed.

There are no previous users of this paradigm. You will witness a birth.

I've said too much.
    What the heck is mutant magic?

Easily the title I’m most excited for. Aside from obvious reasons, what Tini has been saying on twitter about the birth of mutant magic and what that means sounds super cool. To’s art is a mega plus.

Kris Anka revealed he’s done a variant for the issue already and I can’t wait till it’s revealed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also I'm really hoping that Brian and Meggan make a few appearances in this new launch.
    It's so sad that they have been diminished to this

Asrar confirmed he'll be doing the covers:

https://twitter.com/MahmudAsrar/stat...11736880013312

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Apparently if we read between the lines for PoX/HoX: mutants have basically because a big tent and former enemies like Apocalypse and the Hellfire Club have signed up with the X-Men.