Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

I literally can't remember the last time Jubilee and Rogue spoke to each other
    Or Gambit and Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They didn't really give any new information. I really hope that Tini Howard has read all of the recent interactions with Betsy and Brian. Although they are twins and care for each other. They have clashed a lot.

Not much details on Rogue, Gambit, Rictor, or Jubilee.

I hope she's just holding back a lot of info to surprise us when the issues come out.
    I think they were picking from fan questions and there was probably a huge amount of questions about Elizabeth becoming Captain Britain and not using the Psylocke name anymore. That just got Tini excited to talk about how much research she did into Elizabeth's history and the issues of body negativity that go back years and now she is facing being back in her own body again.

I am sure this is going to be good, it's a great cast to work with, and I think Tini already has plans for stories for all the characters going forward.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Or Gambit and Psylocke
    Rogue and Jubilee were on Wood's team together in the arc they found Shogo, and Jubilee came to Rogue and Gambit's housewarming in Mr. and Mrs. X #6. Psylocke, Gambit, and Rogue all interacted in Soule's Astonishing.Neither were that long ago.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 10-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It's interesting that she calls them a motley crew. This is just the 90's Blue team but with Apocalypse and Rictor instead of Beast and Cyclops. Two thirds of them have been linked and on the same teams for decades.
    I'm guessing she means moreso within the story at hand. Captain Britain, magic, Krakoa, etc. I'm interested in learning how the rest of the team gets onboard with helping her as CB.
    This book was an automatic yes for me because of Betsy but it multiplied a million-fold the moment we saw it had most of the Blue team, my favorite team.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Rogue and Jubilee were on Wood's team together in the arc they found Shogo, and Jubilee came to Rogue and Gambit's housewarming in Mr. and Mrs. X #6. Psylocke, Gambit, and Rogue all interacted in Soule's Astonishing.Neither were that long ago.
    I barely remember any significant interactions between Rogue and Jubilee while they were aiding and abetting her kidnapping of that child.
    And I seem to recall Rogue and Gambit spending most of Astonishing on the Astral plane while Betsy was babysitting their bodies in the real world.

I barely remember any significant interactions between Rogue and Jubilee while they were aiding and abetting her kidnapping of that child.
    And I seem to recall Rogue and Gambit spending most of Astonishing on the Astral plane while Betsy was babysitting their bodies in the real world.
    Okay, but they were in the same vicinity as each other. They were bound to interact regardless of whether they spoke on panel.

BANNED

Werent Rogue/Jubilee/Psylocke in the same Return of Wolverine mini? Anyway all these interactions were forgettable the strongest bond between Jubilee and Gambit was when they were interacting in X23 solo. But yeah Id hardly call any of them connected.

Okay, but they were in the same vicinity as each other. They were bound to interact regardless of whether they spoke on panel.
    Betsy, Rogue, and Jubes took the trip to Madripoor where they got jumped by Viper and her minions in Mystery in Madripoor. I have to imagine they had some laughs and catch-up time while they were getting dolled up for a night on the town. Betsy's short conversation with Jubilee after the transformation was very nice and I hope they continue to grow their bond.

Okay but actually having conversations is how you establish a significant bond between characters, not just proximity

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Werent Rogue/Jubilee/Psylocke in the same Return of Wolverine mini? Anyway all these interactions were forgettable the strongest bond between Jubilee and Gambit was when they were interacting in X23 solo. But yeah Id hardly call any of them connected.
    Jubilee and Betsy had a good conversation at the end when they were talking about Betsy being back in her own body.

But Rogue spent most of that mini unconscious because she got knocked out by Knockout. And Betsy was dead for a good chunk of that mini as well.
    Last edited by Beetle; 10-17-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Jubilee and Betsy have history.

After Betsy died to protect Rogue and Beast, and Rogue avenged her death, I really wanted them to build a stronger friendship, but nothing deeper came out of it. I hope that changes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Jubilee and Betsy have history.
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I liked when it was Betsy, Jubes, and Logan for a time.

Or Gambit and Psylocke

Ah got you Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    After Betsy died to protect Rogue and Beast, and Rogue avenged her death, I really wanted them to build a stronger friendship, but nothing deeper came out of it. I hope that changes now.
    True. Lots of missed opportunities with Betsy but hopefully we get some great stuff with her and the team.
    Damnit, I still want a scene between her and Logan from what happened way back. He banished her from the mansion/school in X-Force when he was headmaster. Then he died before they could talk so I was totally hoping for a grieving moment from Betsy. Or a reunion upon his return like, "hey, you banished me then died. glad you're back you pain in the ass".

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ahh, I forgot about her gift to Rogue!