Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Apocalypse is stealing some C list mutants job as a main cast member.
    I laughed way too hard at that..
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Man, Drogon’s showing up in everything nowadays.
    I guess he needs a hobby to distract him from the death of his mother.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Apocalypse is stealing some C list mutants job as a main cast member.
    I'm less concerned with Apocalypse and more with Jubilee. I know Hickman said he hand picked all the casts, but I don't know how much of that I believe - he conveniently had Tini Howard's favorite character on the book she was writing before she got picked for it? Nah. That was all Tini. And then she didn't even put Ric's best friend on it!

Give me Boom Boom or give me death!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm less concerned with Apocalypse and more with Jubilee. I know Hickman said he hand picked all the casts, but I don't know how much of that I believe - he conveniently had Tini Howard's favorite character on the book she was writing before she got picked for it? Nah. That was all Tini. And then she didn't even put Ric's best friend on it!

Hickman never said he handpicked the casts. Every writer had to pitch.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hickman never said he handpicked the casts. Every writer had to pitch.
    He did though, at the Next Big Thing panel where the teams were revealed.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Apocalypse is now a big and kind teddy bear.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

BANNED

He did though, at the Next Big Thing panel where the teams were revealed.
    I’m going to believe JDW talking extensively about the behind the scenes and every writer conveniently getting to write their fav (do you seriously think Hickman handpicked all of Brisson’s favs?) over Chris Arrant misconstruing a statement at a panel.

AFAIK Hickman handpicked the creative teams, not the rosters.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's obviously some level of collaboration between HiX-Man and the various creative teams...clearly. Regardless of who said what's and where.

What do you guys think the "Ascension" thing refers to, from the new solicits? Just Betsy getting Captain Britain's powers or something more?

I was at the panel! Hickman handpicked the creative teams, and helped with plotting the direction of each book. Tini Howard actually mentioned multiple times that Apocalypse was the first character SHE chose for Excalibur.

But that Betsy and dragon cover is absolutely gorgeous.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I'm sure people wanted characters based on who their faves were.
    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I was at the panel! Hickman handpicked the creative teams, and helped with plotting the direction of each book. Tini Howard actually mentioned multiple times that Apocalypse was the first character SHE chose for Excalibur.

But that Betsy and dragon cover is absolutely gorgeous.
    I can see it now:

Hickman: So, everyone, happy you're all on board. I printed out some spread sheets and I think-

Tini: Apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Betsy putting the Welsh back in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Guys, I'm so excited to see Poccy interacting with our favs not as a maniac villain. They might even *bond*
    Same. I can't wait for him and Jubes to converse.

And I can only speak for myself but I jumped on this appreciation thread because I absolutely love the lineup and it's been fun discussing the history these particular characters have and how they may interact, both personally and with their powers. Then the preview art we've seen and the interviews - I love this thread. I appreciate this thread. I appreciate the appreciation of this thread.

Now as I said elsewhere, when does Ric die and get resurrected so he can stand tall, glorious and naked?

If this series doesn't do Apocalypse justice then I riot. Seriously, unless he is like a figurehead or adviser role the chances of making him a jobber or just ignoring his powers/potential increase exponentially.

Im scared.