Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

I worry about it because Hickman never talks about it.

"They can make art and magic and that's what this is the story of. It's also the story of Betsy Braddock who has recently been divorced from a body that wasn't hers and is kind of adrift on the isle of Krakoa..." - Howard

My poor Betsy! Maybe Goldballs goes to cheer her up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Bowing to an unelected, unstable leader doing dangerous experiments on your countrymen? So apt for Britain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Betsy bowing not only to Appcalypse but the rest of the X-Men, I think first few issues may show her conflicted between her allegiance to Krakoa and Otherworld and this shows her picking a side. Apocalypse is basically mutant royalty.

This is the book Im most conflicted abt. Rogue is my favorite character and the way shes been written the last couple of years has been godawful. So Im really hoping this creative team has some fresh ideas on where to take her character rather then continue with pre HoXPoX direction which is the worst shes been since Austen/Milligan.
    I think Rogue is one of the few main characters that has been consistently written in a nice way. She was great from Legacy to Uncanny to Mr and Mrs X.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If Excalibur doesnt start getting some bad ass variants I am going to throw a damn fit. JK kind of.
    Somebody online used photoshop to relocate Bowing Betsy just a bit higher on that Throned Apocalypse cover which then makes the cover rated M for Mature!

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I might be too blind or too lazy to have not noticed if anyone mentioned this before, but the number of mutants arrayed behind Apocalypse on that cover might be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I might be too blind or too lazy to have not noticed if anyone mentioned this before, but the number of mutants arrayed behind Apocalypse on that cover might be significant.
    Yeah, I noticed that awhile ago, as soon as I saw this image I thought......

Is that Gambit?^, and that could be Rogue^, ooh and look, It's Rictor ^ and Jubilee ^

Hmmm, I just hope it's written well/clever/original. Will they be possessed or corrupted, either way I hope there will be other story beats throughout for these characters.

The first Horsemen may not be given the biblical denominations, as a whole lot of shoehorning those four characters into War, Pestilence, Death and Famine would need to be done, and lets face it, who the fuq wants those labels attached to their faves.

I'm trying to think of Horsemen titles that fit those Egyptian designs, and that would be useful for defeating and subduing Arrako.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    If Apocalypse wants to wake up 4 old horseman then he probably need to put asleep 4 new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    If Apocalypse wants to wake up 4 old horseman then he probably need to put asleep 4 new one.
    Another possibility, he could use this four X-men as vessels for his original horsemen.

Id rahter talk about this here:

@marcusto is interviewed by @arthurstacy and talks about the Braddocks "Betsy’s really by herself in a lot of ways, especially with Krakoa being only for mutants. She’s very close to Brian and she can’t be living with him all the time. They have to be apart."

But seriously they havent really hung out all that much in the last 20 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think Rogue is one of the few main characters that has been consistently written in a nice way. She was great from Legacy to Uncanny to Mr and Mrs X.
    To each their own but the only way MMX could have been more obnoxious is if it had a laugh track.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Id rahter talk about this here:

@marcusto is interviewed by @arthurstacy and talks about the Braddocks "Betsy’s really by herself in a lot of ways, especially with Krakoa being only for mutants. She’s very close to Brian and she can’t be living with him all the time. They have to be apart."

But seriously they havent really hung out all that much in the last 20 years.
    Thats pretty contrived she hasnt lived or been particularly close to Brian in ages. Werent they pretty tense in Uncanny X-Force? Idr them interacting since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    To each their own but the only way MMX could have been more obnoxious is if it had a laugh track.
    I agree with this. The only time I’ve enjoyed Rogue this decade was in Duggan’s UA.

If you guys listen to the interview. He kind of alludes. Or maybe I am just extrapolating from the info he provides.

So all the mutants coming to Krakoa. The energy they bring with that of Krakoa is possibly mutant magic? Along with the flowers of Krakoa that are on island.

Actually I just relistened to it. He kind of made it seem like mutants get something from the island. So we shall see.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-15-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

I had not ‘realized’ there were four people on that cover... hmm...