Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

I like that Betsy's sword on that first cover has a real hilt, it helps break up the color a bit

Ric missed the cover shoots because Pooks blew his back out.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I just remember Shogo is a baseline human. Would he not be allowed on Krakoa despite being adopted by a mutant?

Though I suspect they'll get around this by establishing him as being a mutant...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I just remember Shogo is a baseline human. Would he not be allowed on Krakoa despite being adopted by a mutant?

Though I suspect they'll get around this by establishing him as being a mutant...
    It is hard for me to believe Apocalypse would join any kind of team. For that matter, why does Apocalypse even need a team? Are they going to nerf him?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's implied that Shogo's a human mutate due to that story in Wood's X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    It is hard for me to believe Apocalypse would join any kind of team. For that matter, why does Apocalypse even need a team? Are they going to nerf him?
    Honestly I'm more concerned with Betsy being overpowered. She likely has her brother's Superman-esque abilities plus her own mutant powers. That's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's implied that Shogo's a human mutate due to that story in Wood's X-Men.
    That would still make him barred from Krakoa, because not even mutates are allowed there.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ric missed the cover shoots because Pooks blew his back out.

That would still make him barred from Krakoa, because not even mutates are allowed there.
    It was established in the first issue of HoX that humans are allowed with special permission, Shogo obviously qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

It was established in the first issue of HoX that humans are allowed with special permission, Shogo obviously qualifies.
    Keyword: Permission, and I'm not sure that extends to a permanent residence.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Not sure wish one I like more.
    Too bad Excalibur Apoc does not have his tentacle arm attachment thingy but I liking the Egyptian gold.
    I really want Apocalypse and Moira to be together again. Haha, this was one of those ships I never knew I wanted until I saw it. The best part is they were actually a kind of romantic couple. He actually treats her like she is the queen.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

They’ve already said that humans can be allowed through the gateways when accompanied by a mutant. The rules as they’ve been stated are meant to give us a sense of a sense of the governing ideology, not to be extrapolated to the most counterintuitively rigid extremes in every specific situation. It’s not like the writers are going to be like “wait I just remembered Shogo exists, but we already said in HOX #1 that humans aren’t allowed! We screwed ourselves by not thinking to include a baby clause!” They’re allowed to make it more nuanced as necessary.

I guess they could choose to make that a source of conflict, but I get the feeling that’s not the story. If they can make an exception for diplomats to visit (who end up being armed spies!) can you really imagine a conversation ending with Jubilee having to choose between Krakoa and her adopted baby? I just feel like that can’t be the kind of story those rules were developed to tell. The more interesting thing to me is the nature/nurture of it all — mutants raising a human child immersed in mutant culture.

I think it would make sense if they decided that, Shogo can live there right now, since he's a baby/little kid, but after he grows up significantly he needs to go and will only be allowed to visit sometimes. The impression I got was that they didn't let humans in mostly for safety issues, and that's why they're let in if they're with a mutant and ask permission. But there's no reason to worry about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    He wants friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it would make sense if they decided that, Shogo can live there right now, since he's a baby/little kid, but after he grows up significantly he needs to go and will only be allowed to visit sometimes. The impression I got was that they didn't let humans in mostly for safety issues, and that's why they're let in if they're with a mutant and ask permission. But there's no reason to worry about him.
    I think they will let Jubilee have her child on Krakoa. I think they meant humans in general will never be allowed. But close family members, like your own children will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    is that first cover by John Casaday?
    I thought it was Carlos Pacheco