Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1167

I think they’re just massively wary of each other because of their messed up history together. I love how they sort of TP spike each other across the party, like recognising somebody across the room and not being able to place them, only to realise you’re looking at a mirror.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They'll definitely get there. Tini gave us that morsel to make us salivate.
    I hope they talk in Fallen Angels... that’s probably when Betsy will pass on the name or we will at least see it.

if you guys wanna watch my excalibur video it would be greatly appreciated

any advice and constructive criticism is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    if you guys wanna watch my excalibur video it would be greatly appreciated

any advice and constructive criticism is welcome
    Yeah, I got some constructive criticism for ya, Stop being so sexy you.
    Nah, you do your thing, I'm just being silly.

All good, Thanks

but I got a short attention span and low impulse control, and so short youtubes are a personal preference for me, like 5 mins short! however 5:25 made me "what did he just say?"

I really liked the editing, all the images of mentioned characters, great stuff, good job

Cheers Buddy

On this first issue and beyond;

I get that the body swap guilt might be interesting for some, but maybe for some Rogue fans, it has the potential to be a bit repetitive of the Rogue and Carol psyche guilt stuff, and so not so fresh and new, so if some Rogue fans ain't so enthused by it, it ain't anything personal against Betsy or that plot point, we just know it can start to burden the character with less than fun pages, years, plots and beats. The Captain Britain stuff and its selling it to us should take precedence now anyway, maybe the annual could be the Betsy and Kwannon story.

I personally didn't see Rogue as being sidelined, I saw an interesting plot forming.

I think Gambit will eventually be shown as the canny one, but I hope he's given more clever subtly towards Poccy. I think he should have plans, theories, and strategies to deal with Poccy by now, and while I can understand his reactions here, in this issue, I hope he starts poker facing and playing soon.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 11-06-2019 at 04:52 AM.

CGAR = Swole

Also, I appreciate that you incorporated external imagery from issues other than the one being discussed.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-06-2019 at 06:29 AM.

From the Women of Marvel podcast:

Jordan D. White: The book itself spins out of House of X/Powers of X, which set up the status quo for mutants. We are doing as much as we can to keep the X-line cohesive. It stands on its own, but it also feels like it's connected to Marauders, X-men... in fact, there’s a Marauders cameo in issue #2.
    Tini Howard: The next big arc is really going to get big. We're going to touch on a lot of the new X-men universe. We're going to have a couple of really massive issues. If you're big into the mythos of what Jonathan is doing, you'll love it. Jonathan and I are working really closely on that.

Tini's comment excites me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I didn’t mind the issue. Enjoyed it more then X-men but less then Xforce and Marauders. Liking the magic elements and surprisingly the art which I was skeptical about actually worked. However my main issue was Gambit and Rogue. Man I’m specifically buying this title just to get that itch scratched cause they’re my favorite characters. Coming fresh off Mr and Mrs X, I got to say I didn’t much care for them this issue. Yea it’s early so maybe Tini needs some time to get into a flow with these characters. Rogue in particular just didn’t have that fire or spunk I’m use to from her. Seemed so lifeless and generic. Still liked the issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I didn’t mind the issue. Enjoyed it more then X-men but less then Xforce and Marauders. Liking the magic elements and surprisingly the art which I was skeptical about actually worked. However my main issue was Gambit and Rogue. Man I’m specifically buying this title just to get that itch scratched cause they’re my favorite characters. Coming fresh off Mr and Mrs X, I got to say I didn’t much care for them this issue. Yea it’s early so maybe Tini needs some time to get into a flow with these characters. Rogue in particular just didn’t have that fire or spunk I’m use to from her. Seemed so lifeless and generic. Still liked the issue though.
    Coming off of Mr. and Mrs. X, I'm OK with Remy and Rogue catching their breath. But I am excited for what Rogue's current state could mean for her later. We may have a new Rogue on our hands.

Can't help but wonder if Tini will flashback to Spider-Woman #2 from 1979

mlf.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Coming off of Mr. and Mrs. X, I'm OK with Remy and Rogue catching their breath. But I am excited for what Rogue's current state could mean for her later. We may have a new Rogue on our hands.
    Yupp, me too.
    I'm looking forward to having a new and improved (in costume if not in power...but hopefully both) Rogue.

I'm loveloveloving the magic elements, the art, the lyrical prose (reminds me of early Claremont) and the fact that, with the exception of NuCB, these characters seem incongruous to the type of story being told yet...it's interesting to see how they will work and mesh together.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Can't help but wonder if Tini will flashback to Spider-Woman #2 from 1979

mlf.jpg
    Probably not. That is such a deep cut and I read that Tini only just got into comics a few years ago

No preview for Excalibur yet?
    I thought it was coming out same week as X-Men and Marauders?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Ooooh she's coming in like a wrecking ball. Let's go!