Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

I just wonder how long the mutants shutting the non-mutants will last, and if there are variable exceptions to any non-mutant friends like Longshot or Daytripper. I feel like someone, possibly Reed Richards going by the first issue, is going to call them out for their hypocrisy. We'll see where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I just wonder how long the mutants shutting the non-mutants will last, and if there are variable exceptions to any non-mutant friends like Longshot or Daytripper. I feel like someone, possibly Reed Richards going by the first issue, is going to call them out for their hypocrisy. We'll see where it goes from there.
    It depends, if Reed goes to meet the Krakoan delegation and there are a bunch of protesters standing near the portal with signs that say "kill all mutants", "mutants are the anti-christ", "exterminate the mutant vermin". Well Scott and Ororo can just point at the signs and say to Reed that is why we don't let humans on our island.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It depends, if Reed goes to meet the Krakoan delegation and there are a bunch of protesters standing near the portal with signs that say "kill all mutants", "mutants are the anti-christ", "exterminate the mutant vermin". Well Scott and Ororo can just point at the signs and say to Reed that is why we don't let humans on our island.
    I suspect the smartest man in the world would know the right context to call them out on being hypocrites.

Considering that we see from the preview art in Marauders that not only have governments set up stations around the portals, but also armored guards that will kill any mutant that walks through, the mutants have a load of reasons to throw right back in Richards’ face if he ever has the audacity to call “hypocrisy”

I suspect the smartest man in the world would know the right context to call them out on being hypocrites.
    Haha, I am glad you said smartest man. Moon Girl is smarter than Reed, it was actually proven in the last Fantastic Four, and I think Valeria is smarter than Reed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Considering that we see from the preview art in Marauders that not only have governments set up stations around the portals, but also armored guards that will kill any mutant that walks through, the mutants have a load of reasons to throw right back in Richards’ face if he ever has the audacity to call “hypocrisy”
    That's the thing, all non-mutants are being painted as outsiders regardless of if they were with them or against them before. It doesn't matter if you were an unabashed anti-mutant racist, or a friend to mutantkind who helped and fought alongside them, it's all the same now that the power has shifted. That's the kind of thing that doesn't sit well at all, and I think that's what Hickman has intended.

That's the thing, all non-mutants are being painted as outsiders regardless of if they were with them or against them before. It doesn't matter if you were an unabashed anti-mutant racist, or a friend to mutantkind who helped and fought alongside them, it's all the same now that the power has shifted. That's the kind of thing that doesn't sit well at all, and I think that's what Hickman has intended.
    Nothing in the narrative so far has vilified the mutants for what they’re doing. I don’t get why people who are anti-what Hickman’s plans are assume that he intends for it to be read as “not sitting well” or “wrong.” Not just talking about your posts, but other comic review sites like ComicPop. Hickman makes it apparent what he thinks through dialogue pieces from Cyclops:

And Wolvie:

Besides, I’m sure there will be exceptions to the rule for mutant allies. They’ve already opened up the idea that humans can come on the island. The problem isn’t that they want humans away because they’re icky, it’s because what drove them to this point is anti-mutant systems that have put mutants at the bottom for so long, a system that humans have perpetuated and done barely anything about.

They have a lot of countries that they have treaties with. I am sure we will see some humans being ok with the mutants.

The mutants are just being super cautious, they have experienced so many genocidal attacks on their people that they are taking serious precautions now when dealing with humans. All trade and interactions are done at arms length and the children of Krakoa are kept safe and protected from the outside racism of the humans.

It's like Emma said, this is "For the Children!" To give the mutant children a safe place to grow up where they are not constantly bombarded with racism on a daily basis. Now they can go to school, they can play in the playground, they can go on a hike on the island, and they don't have to worry about a bunch or racist O.N.E. soldiers, Purifiers, or Friends of Humanity people showing up to attack them.

Some human delegations might be allowed to visit the island if they pass through a thorough security screening to ensure they do not intend to harm the people and children of the island.

In the end, this is about the mutants forming a safe place for their children to grow up. Closer alliances with humans can come later after the safety and security of the island is well established. They need a properly staffed police department, properly staffed infrastructure services like a Fire Department, etc... They need a standing military. They need a military command centre with proper security coverage of the island. I would recommend getting some satellites in orbit to protect the security of Krakoa.

It's not wrong to expect humanity to prove that they are actually peaceful and capable of having a peaceful relationship with mutants. Krakoa has established diplomatic treaties and trade treaties with a large number of world governments, they have taken a seat on the United Nations Assembly. They are establishing the beginnings of their very young nation and trying to protect the citizens of their nation from outside genocidal threats.

Don't get the wrong, I'm not "anti" to what Hickman is doing. I do believe that HoX/PoX does a good job with moral ambiguity in a world where everyone is both right and wrong, which is hard to do since Civil War tried that and failed. I'm really curious as to what this is all leading to.

Love the two covers. Perhaps Jubliee's bubblegum will be a global fad and another revenue source for Krakoa! :-D
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    is that first cover by John Casaday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought it was Carlos Pacheco
    Mike McKone is the artist for the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder who will call Apocalypse, Poccy, first. I think it will be Jubilee. Someone is going to shorten his name at some point. Unless he just says call me En Sabah and leave it at that.
    Jubes is gonna call him “En Sabah Nerd” inside of four issues. Calling it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

En Sabah Noob
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    En Sabah Noob
    *chuckle*

Yeah the Jubilee chews are great, it's fun the say, too, Jubilee Chews!

I'm loving all the designs,

I'm soooo Xcited!!!

I'm kinda getting Uncanny X-force good vibes from cast, art, poccy, horsemen, location, magic, all of it.

It's gonna be a classic! I can feel in in ma bones. I do, I do, I do

Some of the other books have more members than Excalibur. I would make room for Rachel, assuming that she is not a permanent member of X-Men.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.