Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats a lie

Thank you. She definitely still had the butterfly in the 90’s, it just appeared less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Thank you. She definitely still had the butterfly in the 90’s, it just appeared less often.
    Exactly bc the emphasis on her skills tended to be on her psy-knife but when she used her regular TP, the butterfly would manifest.

BANNED

Not systematically and not at all after the crimson dawn incident in the mid 90s. Her getting it back during Fraction's run was actually a big deal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Right! Purple haired Betts would not be a nasty Tory!

On the other hand she hates hipsterisms and was a clerk in the department X. And she grew to be a facist magistrate braddock.
    I am and I think of betsy as a progressivist but yes she could fit as a neutral-conservative. laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Not systematically and not at all after the crimson dawn incident in the mid 90s. Her getting it back during Fraction's run was actually a big deal.
    You are wrong as I have two scans above that prove otherwise!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She had it in the crimson dawn mini, as she broke free of Kuragari and while communicating to warren
    She had it in psi war while communicating to storm’s adoptive mother
    She had it in the twelve saga

I think this sums up to nearly 80% of her appearances in those years. Laughs

But yes, after many years with solely tk, fraction did return her to her tp and thus the butterfly effect.

1B2F02F5-0F5A-4075-8758-A697A713A91A.jpg
    Last edited by crimsontt; 07-29-2019 at 05:08 AM.

You get a butterfly!
    You get a butterfly!
    You get a butterfly!
    You get a butterfly!

Everybody gets a butterfly!

Quote Originally Posted by .A² View Post
    The Braddocks are landed gentry. Blue-blooded Tories through and through. Brian named his daughter after Margaret Thatcher. Meggan only allowed it because she watches Hollyoaks Later instead of Newsnight.

Brian and Betsy = Jacob and Annunziata Rees-Mogg

They're more like BoJo and Rachel Johnson, tbh. Betsy has outgrown her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    She had it in the crimson dawn mini, as she broke free of Kuragari and while communicating to warren
    She had it in psi war while communicating to storm’s adoptive mother
    She had it in the twelve saga

I think this sums up to nearly 80% of her appearances in those years. Laughs

But yes, after many years with solely tk, fraction did return her to her tp and thus the butterfly effect.

1B2F02F5-0F5A-4075-8758-A697A713A91A.jpg
    Forgot about Crimson Dawn. You are totally right about that

She also used it in the issue where Sabretooth guts her

X-Cutioner's Song

Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2019 at 02:46 PM.

X-Cutioner's Song

These scans are giving me delightful flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    These scans are giving me delightful flashbacks.
    Me too! Oh X-Men! Crazy how I am still in love with these gals and guys after all these years!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Me too! Oh X-Men! Crazy how I am still in love with these gals and guys after all these years!
    Yes! I used to read these stories over and over during summer break. So fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am just sad that my great dream for Katherine Pryde to be the next horseman of Apocalypse isn't coming to pass. So disappointed.
    Who’s to say Apocalypse won’t ever end up with Horseman again? Hell, they may even revisit the Horseman of Salvation idea. I always liked seeing what that metamorphosis did for the character involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I think we might get various outfits throughout the book. To has at least said we’ll see another version of Captain Britain’s look in the book.
    https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/...523863553?s=21
    Very exciting. Hickman did originally indicate a ‘full wardrobe’ for the X-Men and there being a bunch of looks, both new and old. I certainly hope this proves true, particularly when it comes to Storm. And the X-Gods know Kitty needs a new uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Rogue is also getting a new costume, according to To.
    Hell yeah. I wouldn’t be at all mad if it resembled Lucas Werneck’s fan design because that was DOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I was there at the panel when they were revealing these. And I got picked to go on stage and guess who was in the Excalibur book. I guessed all the classic Excalibur characters and only got Psylocke correct. Hickman was like, "haha troll all of the teams are not what you'd expect." And then the New Mutants title was all new mutant characters. :/
    Damn it would have been cool to have been there! And I think everyone would have guessed classic Excalibur members, Psylocke and/or European characters. I doubt anyone expected Poccy, Rogue, Remy, Jubes or Julio prior to the announcement!

My fanfic have always been mutants + magic and now it's finally a thing! And Marcus To?! Who drew a beautiful Betsy in Age of X-Man. <3
    The prospect of mutant magic certainly has my interest. As someone kindly provided, most of these mutants have in some way been touched by magic, even distantly. Or like Rogue and Rictor, have powersets that may prove useful. Rogues absorption and Rictor’s connection to the earth and therefore ley lines.

One would think that Mirage, Magik, Pixie, Forge, Juggernaut, Eye-Boy, Nocturne or Spitfire to make the cut if a mutant magic story is the integral aspect, but I can only imagine this is something altogether new.

And yes Marcus To’s Betsy is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hmm, and I wonder about Rogue now, if they are going with people who can sync their power to other forces, perhaps Rogue ends up absorbing magical abilities from some source. Since they are going to explain the connection between mutants and magic in Excalibur, perhaps all of them end up having some power connection to magic or natural forces.
    This is what I'm talking about. If Rogue swoops in and absorbs some beings of a magical nature, will she then be able to adeptly use those abilities too? The only instance I can think of is when she borrowed Wanda's chaos magic, but it was unstable or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't wait, but I hope Brian is still around somehow.
    Me too. I can only hope that Brian, Meggan, Maggie & some of the Excalibur/MI13 peeps are around in a supporting cast capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    For those that care. Betsy is losing the butterfly signature as well. I am not pleased.
    I’m fine with just about everything else. I’m not sure I understand why Betsy is losing the butterfly imagery. It’s always been her psychic signature, and I think the symbolism of metamorphosis and evolution is just as relevant to her now as it’s always been. If they’re stealing that away for Kwannon they should have just come up with a new psychic signature for her.

Are we sure the Apocalypse on the team isn't Genesis? If we look on the picture chart on who is appearing in Dawn of X we see Genesis and not Apocalypse we see Black Tom and Pyro, Captain Britain(Betsy) and Captain Britain(Brian) ,Pete Wisdom etc..

Incredible Member

X-Cutioner's Song

I had forgotten the amazing joe mad’s butterfly effect