Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    You know that Chris Claremont wasn't raised in England, right? He was born in London but raised on Long Island. And he created the team.
    Yeah but there’s definitely an Anglophile seam that ran thru the original volume. England was seen as lovely, warm, quaint, intelligent and ordered, and fun. Doubly so when Davis has full control. Ellis changed a LOT, but he’s Ellis, doing Ellis things. Later volumes that pulled the Anglocentricity out of the book felt awkward and... dirty(?). That’s not to say I don’t hope this new volume will be good, but I share the others’ fears and distaste for cutting the original seam out in favor of what appears to be X-Men: Purple.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really dont see why the writer of this book needs to be British
    Because only British writers can write British characters well.

That’s why I love a comic series like Preacher. A good old American writer writing good old American characters in good old Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

That’s why I love a comic series like Preacher. A good old American writer writing good old American characters in good old Texas.
    There's literally only one British team member with a cast of 6. Do we need multiple writers on this book ala Disassembled, to represent each ethnicity?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah but there’s definitely an Anglophile seam that ran thru the original volume. England was seen as lovely, warm, quaint, intelligent and ordered, and fun.
    Seems like a good reason as any to not put a British writer on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Seems like a good reason as any to not put a British writer on this book.
    LOL Brexit shine a new light on britain. At least the scotish seems really nice

Come on now, have you ever read BKV’s Saga? Children in comics are awful - they ruin massive sweeping adventures and drag down the parents’ marriage.

I want all the kids gone, all the established relationships gone and only people beating the **** out of each other. And maybe like an elf. Everything else just drags the story down.
    Saga is a finite story being handled by a single writer: Brian K. Vaughan. The X-Men will go on forever. Even if Tini writes a great tale about super-heroes being parents (a role I, particularly, have no interest in seeing neither Rogue or Gambit playing), as soon as she moves on, the risk of Rogue being sidelined or getting stuck in a one-note dramatic function is high. I don't want all the kids gone, I just don't care for this particular subplot when it comes to Rogue and Gambit and that doesn't mean I have a limited viewpoint. That's a bit condescending.

Astonishing Member

I can't tell if this is a joke?

BANNED

The TECHNET's newest leader is the prime minister of a country that's lovely, warm, quaint, intelligent and ordered, and fun:

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I can't tell if this is a joke?
    It is.

FUNNILY ENOUGH I...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The TECHNET's newest leader is the prime minister of a country that's lovely, warm, quaint, intelligent and ordered, and fun
    Brian Braddock would've probably voted for the Tories.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-16-2019 at 04:42 PM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bless you. I was starting to panic thinking my reference was too old.

And I would 100% love to see a fully unleashed Garth Ennis take on the X-Men at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Oh, that would be nice, I'd like that. A rainbow flying trail too, ftw
    No Rainbow Brite Rogue!

I cant wait till we start getting more Excalibur variants.

Also IF they were to bring a British writer on board I think the only ones that could be as high concept as Hickman would be Mike Carey, Si Spurrier, or Keiron Gillen.

But thats all wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I just wonder if it will have the "humor" of the original Excalibur - really hoping for alot of guest appearances of classic Cap Brit & Excalibur characters
    Though not exactly the same humor, definitely some humor with Jubes and Gambit around. Oh man, Jubilee and Apocalypse could be gold.

I don't think it will.

Come on now, have you ever read BKV’s Saga? Children in comics are awful - they ruin massive sweeping adventures and drag down the parents’ marriage.

I want all the kids gone, all the established relationships gone and only people beating the **** out of each other. And maybe like an elf. Everything else just drags the story down.
    Thank goodness you get it Peach. We can't go making characters seem all complex and multidimensional and lifelike. That's way too confusing for us. We need to punch all the things and get all the bad guys. And we can't do that with all these weird human attachments and emotions. Ick. Gross!