Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

download.jpeg

Bring back Jackdaw hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Thank goodness you get it Peach. We can't go making characters seem all complex and multidimensional and lifelike. That's way too confusing for us. We need to punch all the things and get all the bad guys. And we can't do that with all these weird human attachments and emotions. Ick. Gross!
    I know you're trying to be passive-agressive, but you're making zero sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The TECHNET's newest leader is the prime minister of a country that's lovely, warm, quaint, intelligent and ordered, and fun:
    Oh god, the Technet. I’d kill for a Joy Boy cameo. He’s the only child that actually brings joy to people. Rogue and Gambit can adopt him.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Come on now, have you ever read BKV’s Saga? Children in comics are awful - they ruin massive sweeping adventures and drag down the parents’ marriage.

I want all the kids gone, all the established relationships gone and only people beating the **** out of each other. And maybe like an elf. Everything else just drags the story down.
    Lay off the Xanax, bruv.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The TECHNET's newest leader is the prime minister of a country that's lovely, warm, quaint, intelligent and ordered, and fun:

POOKY: Humanity is not fit to survive in a mutant wor--

BORIS: Would you like some tea?

POOKY: Why, thank you. Quite right, then. Pass the crisps, human brother.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lay off the Xanax, bruv.
    Are elves not cool anymore? ****.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    download.jpeg

Bring back Jackdaw hahaha
    aaaah Jackdaw was so cute!

I'm also not at all fond of kids for Rogue and Gambit. TBH even though they've been together for decades in our time on&off, I doubt they've been together longer for more than a year since they broke up. Even the marriage itself felt very fast, but they are both impulsive so it doesn't bother me too much. (compared to when BP & Storm fell in love then married)

Maybe far far later in the marriage I'd be open to that, but not atm when Rogue has been absent from the X-Men and at the fringe of the franchise for near a decade, just gone through major changes with her powers, and got into one major commitment in her life via marriage. I sincerely hope Tini does not go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Oh god, the Technet. I’d kill for a Joy Boy cameo. He’s the only child that actually brings joy to people. Rogue and Gambit can adopt him.

I think he would be more happy with Deadpool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Brian Braddock would've probably voted for the Tories.
    I wouldn’t mind a side story showing us some political debate between a left wing Betsy and conservative Brian. I would totally relate with this family confrontation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I wouldn’t mind a side story showing us some political debate between a left wing Betsy and conservative Brian. I would totally relate with this family confrontation.
    I’d like that too, but you’d probably get ‘nO PoLoTiCs iN mY cOmIC BoOkS!!!’ from the comicsgate types.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Though Marvel US like to show him as a right-wing leaning tool and Betsy being the cool one, Brian from his Marvel UK days would never vote for Brexit. For starters it would remind him too much of Jaspers and what he did to Britain in the Jaspers Warp. Brian was the one who wanted to keep separate from the government's machinations, Betsy was the one in bed with the "principles must be sacrificed" RCX. Brian is the idealist, Betsy the pragmatist. The idea he'd have voted LEAVE just seems eye-rolling, and another move to paint him as the overprivileged upper-class caricature American writers love to make him into. He's not even particularly patriotic.

Given all the time that Psylocke was in X-Force, I can hardly see how Brian is going to be the torie of the two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Given all the time that Psylocke was in X-Force, I can hardly see how Brian is going to be the torie of the two.
    Yes! As I said it’s all a mindful wish. In an earlier post i’ve mentioned I wouldn’t be impressed if marvel ever display betsy as the pragmatic privileged Right wing champion of britain. In UXF she would grow up to be the fascist magistrate braddock. And let’s not forget she was a department x commander in age of x-man
    Last edited by crimsontt; 08-17-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I've got five minutes to myself and have decided to procrastinate, about Rogues 'condition'

- could be a 'download' of Cylobels conscious from the future, explains a team-up with Poccy
    (I'm absolutely, unashamedly still sticking with a connection between Cylobel and Southern Belle, as to have some sort of interest and investment in Pox)

- Mah Powers (Please no, NO NO NO, enough with the nostalgia wankin's and regressions, they're tedious wastes of time within the 616 timeline/universe, dammit!)

- This could be a Rogue from the 90's, (all the cast could be. Eluding to the lost decade thing - The Shogo image could be a vision, Excalibur could be the group, through Magic n stuff, aware that Moira has been tampering with time/life variables, pfft, yeah I know, same ol' ****, different day, re-packaged with tons of hype of WOW!, Wonder!, Behold Hickman, Lord and Saviour, yadda, yadda, yadda) but a 'mah powers' story wouldn't be as painful to read.

- A troublesome absorption. Again, becoming a lil repetitive now, but can be a very different story each time, depending on writers competence/imagination/commitment. (This would place a weird strain on the marriage, three's a crowd) Moira, Technarchy, Phalanx as some possible absorption form HoX/PoX)

- Wondertot, a mixing of Annas and Simons DNA.

- Another Nexus of reality focal-point within America or Rogue, leading to the birth of a Captain America!, oh wait .......

- Abject regret of marriage Maybe Psylocke and Gambit have an affair - the X-office might want to recapture the magic/train wreck of Scemma/Jott ....... all so very utterly sad and joyless, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility!

- A dead people vision, via the far banks! Pissing Poccy off that his raison 'd'etre was always a folly.

- Ohh, A Horsewoman of Apocalypse!!! ......or the first antonym for apocalypse that came up for me was 'birth'. Rogue the horsewoman of rebirth! they might drop one by one, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor, to leave a Psylocke vs Poccy, hmmm

- a delayed 4th wall break from the Deadpool smooch, a sudden realization of WTF have they done to her, "Ah thought ah'd moved on! Ah was happy, in control, but now, not so much, Sugah! Ah gotta fix this, X-office, y'all jerks"

But it's probably gonna be more of this broken, sad sack, depressing, dreary 'drama' that we've had for a year and a half already. Hey! Rogue fans and casuals, look over yonder, behold! - She got married and watch as her world/self turns to shadow of her former singleton life. You like? Enjoying?
    NO, I ain't.

And again, no, NO to tying Rogue down with grown, bratty, knob'eds, Hell No. I'm not against her havin' babees, they're cute, funny, fun lil emojis in panels, they add so much heart to any panel, but she would be 'aged' by suddenly having older kids to tut/chastise/guide/be saddled with/control/try to curb for being hounds that were responsible for Mimics and others deaths, that's some heavy burden baggage, that why the **** should Rogue (and her fans) be lumbered with. And also a huge NO to having Rogue (and her fans) deal with any Gambit illegitimate kids popping up. She's the X-Woman whom having a pregnancy and newborn child would be the most touching story for.

I'm hopin' and a wishin' Rogues gonna have some spark, sass, attitude in this book, quickly, no more crying in a fetal position, self-pitying, it doesn't suit her 616 character, at all, it's not clever nor deep, it's just a downer.

Rogue was once "Life's a bitch, now so I'm I", She has her own strength of will, She don't need nor suit being a damsel to give Gambit or anyone else something to do.

Nobody puts Rogue in the corner.

Any Tini Howard insights, trivia or interviews people?
    I'll have a look, too.
    OMG THAT would make my day Bwahahahaha