Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

There is a Welsh folk tale that has a wickedly brilliant and complex character that Marvel would be blessed to bring to a world stage. She's a true Marvel. A Poison Ivy kinda gal, but with so many more layers, pathos, and magic. Her story is a real thought provoking wonder for all the sexes (if told right).
    “She wants to be flowers , but you make her owls, you must not complain then, when She goes hunting” perchance?

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    “She wants to be flowers , but you make her owls, you must not complain then, when She goes hunting” perchance?
    Hey, Look at you with your avatar and all, Cool, Wow and TIDY!

Yep. The Flower Maiden, Blodeuwedd.

The best tale ever told. She's a future Disney Princess/Vivacious Villain for sure.

Love her story, So many layers.

Hey, Look at you with your avatar and all, Cool, Wow and TIDY!

Yep. The Flower Maiden, Blodeuwedd.

The best tale ever told. She's a future Disney Princess/Vivacious Villain for sure.

Love her story, So many layers.
    I sold the original of my avatar in the Worldcon art show this year. I have a particular fondness for the four Branches of The Mabinogi.
    You should read The Owl Service by Alan Garner for a modern (well, 1960s) retelling of the story.

Edited to add, doh, just seen your location!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    I sold the original of my avatar in the Worldcon art show this year. I have a particular fondness for the four Branches of The Mabinogi.
    You should read The Owl Service by Alan Garner for a modern (well, 1960s) retelling of the story.

Edited to add, doh, just seen your location!
    Wonderful, it's a beauty. I love the Mabinogi too, Blodeuwedds story is my fave. She's multifaceted when given a clever recite by a storyteller.

It's great to see art inspired by her and put out there unto the world.

Yep, I read The Owl Service in secondary school and recently went to see an art expo referencing the novel, and a theater show about the Mabinogi, Dreaming the Night Field, it was great.

I'm not expecting any Mabinogi in Excalibur, nor much Avalon mythos either, really, but there is rich seam of tales and characters to mine for the future, I'm hoping it's a success and I'd love to see some marketing of the book over here to build some momentum and longevity.

Wonderful, it's a beauty. I love the Mabinogi too, Blodeuwedds story is my fave. She's multifaceted when given a clever recite by a storyteller.

It's great to see art inspired by her and put out there unto the world.

Yep, I read The Owl Service in secondary school and recently went to see an art expo referencing the novel, and a theater show about the Mabinogi, Dreaming the Night Field, it was great.

I'm not expecting any Mabinogi in Excalibur, nor much Avalon mythos either, really, but there is rich seam of tales and characters to mine for the future, I'm hoping it's a success and I'd love to see some marketing of the book over here to build some momentum and longevity.
    Soon as I realised where you lived, there was no chance you hadn’t been given The Owl Service!
    There’s a lot of Celtic/western European folk myth not touched on by the comics yet, most of it tends to be the standard Irish or Arthurian stuff.

I was interested to note that one of the areas on Krakoa is called The Wild Hunt...

And I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone notice that Mystique is a red haired shape shifter with taste for death, a belt of skulls and a corvid name...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’m so excited about this title. Some variants from twitter.

Attachment 87169

Attachment 87170
    Very nice. I’m particularly into the Venom variant.

Double-shipping in December.

EXCALIBUR #3 & #4
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    ISSUE #3 – VENOM ISLAND VARIANT COVER BY KOI PHAM
    ISSUE #4 – VENOM ISLAND VARIANT COVER BY KAEL NGU
    THE GREEN EARTH TREMBLES!
    THE HARD TRUTH OF THE CAPTAINS BRITAIN!
    Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension. As the lighthouse grows, Apocalypse and Rictor must master the earth beneath their feet.
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

BANNED

Julio about to discover a daddy kink

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Julio about to discover a daddy kink
    About to? There's a reason he hit on one of his former teachers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    About to? There's a reason he hit on one of his former teachers
    Wait, who and when?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wait, who and when?
    Bobby on the Iceman solo lol.

Though I feel like with the sliding timescale there's not really much of an age gap between them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Bobby on the Iceman solo lol.

Though I feel like with the sliding timescale there's not really much of an age gap between them.
    Oh lord. And yeah, me too. I do hope he and Shatterstar are still together. Isn't Shatterstar a mutant now, given Longshot and Ali?

BANNED

Default Excalibur by Tini Howard and Marcus To Appreciation 2019

Excalibur #1
    A NEW DAWN IS FORGED! The Otherworld is rocked by war! It is a new era for mutantkind as a new Captain Britain holds the amulet, fighting for the Kingdom of Avalon with her Excalibur at her side - Rogue, Gambit, Rictor, Jubilee...and Apocalypse.

EXCALIBUR #2

Betsy Braddock is Captain Britain, but a citizen of Krakoa. With Rogue’s condition a mystery, the team heads to the one place that has always been the seat of Excalibur’s power – the Lighthouse.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-18-2019 at 09:43 PM.

It seems a bit weird to have an appreciation thread for a book nobody has read yet.

BANNED

EXCALIBUR #3 & #4
    THE GREEN EARTH TREMBLES!
    THE HARD TRUTH OF THE CAPTAINS BRITAIN!
    Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension. As the lighthouse grows, Apocalypse and Rictor must master the earth beneath their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It seems a bit weird to have an appreciation thread for a book nobody has read yet.
    Well, we're getting clues from HoX/Pox. Though not for this book yet.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-18-2019 at 09:50 PM.