Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Gambit sighting.

Attachment 87407
    Looks like that someone threw Remy from a rock.

Gambit sighting.

Attachment 87407
    It looks like someone tried to kill him Mufasa style.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Gambit sighting.

Attachment 87407
    Very cool! I like the shadows in this
    Make Good Art

BANNED

Gambit sighting.

Attachment 87407
    Art on this book is going to be incredible.

Incredible Member

To me, It seems like brian is going to die on issue #1
    Betsy becomes captain britain after that and that why she is not in a good time

Ugh i hope they dont kill him. I just figured he would be busy with family and otherworld stuff.

In the sneek peaks it kind of shows him giving her or transferring Captain Britain mantle to her. Or that is what I am assuming by the visual.

So I don't think she gets it because he dies. But you never know nowadays. Don't kill the twin bond. Even though she was always closer to Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So what's with all the flowers?
    They're probably Krakoa flowers.

Have you guys read Strikeforce by Tini Howard?

It was a bit chaotic for me. Like a lot of plots/characters thrown in within a few pages. A bit too fast for my liking.

I hope Excalibur is going to be more "orderly" and it won't introduce so much stuff out of thin air.

i was gonna ask if anyone read Strikeforce to get a feel of her writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Have you guys read Strikeforce by Tini Howard?

It was a bit chaotic for me. Like a lot of plots/characters thrown in within a few pages. A bit too fast for my liking.

I hope Excalibur is going to be more "orderly" and it won't introduce so much stuff out of thin air.
    I actually like the breakneck pace. Usually with new team books they spend the whole first arc gathering the team and setting up plot lines

By setting everything up in just this first issue we can get more out of this team before the inevitable cancelation

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The writing on Strikeforce was pretty good, it was very much a first issue and as such was mostly set up, but there were some good character moments and actiony bits sprinkled in. I imagine I'll enjoy her writing even more when she's writing characters I care more about.

I admit that the art didn't help me fully enjoy it, it was a bit underwhelming. I liked the reference to Jessica's Skrull Queen situation (she reads previous stuff!).

Yeah, I really enjoyed Strikeforce as well. The character beats were great but Peralta's art wasn't as strong as it was on Prisoner X, imo.
    Between this and Death's Head Tini has gained my confidence. I'm even more pumped for Excalibur now.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I've been reading Death's Head and I also read Strikeforce. I liked the both of them. The important thing is how well written they are and the voices for the characters, Howard has them down damn well. Excalibur looks to have some decent set up at the start at least.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I just read Strikeforce and thought it was really good! The character work was really fun whenever the whole team was bouncing off each other, which was most of the issue, aside from spoilers:
    the Avengers cold open and some exposition+flashback from Blade (and even that was a fun visual callback to Blade's first appearance.)
    end of spoilers

A very good sign for Excalibur is how Howard threw in cool concepts as tossed off lines (spoilers:
    "Wiccan, stop trying to warp Fae magic like it's reality!" or how the identity-stealing creatures were afraid of Bucky because as he put it "no one wants my life"
    end of spoilers) Though as an x-fan I'm a little jealous that she's splitting her magic ideas with another team! I'm sure she's got enough to go around, though.