Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1167

New interview: https://www.newsarama.com/47649-dawn...excalibur.html

Nrama: What’s it like laying the groundwork for a new era of a classic X-team? How deep into Excalibur lore will this series go?

Howard: It's been a minute since we've had a regular Excalibur book, so I want to make this what feels best to me as a comic fan - a reward for knowing the deeper mythology with a welcome into the unknown. I'm deep mining everything from Captain Britain to the Matter of Britain. We'll see it for sure.

Nrama: Bottom line, what’s in store for new readers and classic Excalibur fans?

Howard: The deepest mysteries of the X-Men's new story begin here. Trust me. Whole new things are spinning out of this book and we're going to start reading the cards a whole new way after this.

BANNED

I'm really glad for the fast shipping schedule tbh. I enjoyed issue #1 and I like most of the cast but Otherworld stuff doesn't exactly excite me so I can't wait to know what comes next.

The interior art is SO MUCH BETTER than the cover. It's ironic how Marvel's marketing works.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    The interior art is SO MUCH BETTER than the cover. It's ironic how Marvel's marketing works.
    I said the same thing before. lol

This is the best looking book out of Dawn of X so far.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 10-31-2019 at 04:14 AM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I think it’s debatable who she is closer to, but I also can’t remember any shared moments between her and Brian since UXF.
    Well Brian's her Twin Jamie's 10 yrs older and was already a famous racecar driver
    +++
    Jamie's tried to purposefully kill her a couple times
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well Brian's her Twin Jamie's 10 yrs older and was already a famous racecar driver
    +++
    Jamie's tried to purposefully kill her a couple times
    Also, she killed Jamie one of those times, and has a light psychic rapport with Brian.

Re-posting from the #1 thread, for reasons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Before I read this thread....

Hmmm, In a word I'd describe it as........ cute

So much so that slight edits to dialog and taking out the drowning page would make it child friendly.
    Not quite what I expected, I had some issues with the writing, but on the whole I enjoyed it, and have been left happy, upbeat since reading.

Morgan Le Fay is a great antagonist to begin with, always wanted a book with her and Rogue. I hope Tini cuts loose with her more, maybe it was the cute art or something, but I wanted her to be even more epic and threatening, but her dialog and attitude was mostly as I'd imagined her to be, I love the Witchbreed noun, check out Secret Wars, 1602 Witch Hunter Angela for more.

I got a lil bit irate at the first half, as the pages were going by, without an introduction of the whole cast. I was getting stressed, resenting the audacity of Egg and Jamie being up in my face, I didn't buy the book for them, so piss off ya free loading chumps, where's Rogue .

Apocalypse is kinda odd, same as Morgan, I found him a bit muted. I'd imagine him as still a bully, chad, knob 'ed even now as a priest. He did seem sanctimonious, so that saved him, but just accepting him being there took me out a little. He gave me a lol moment though, when he just turned around and casually shrugged off a Betsys loss, Cold bro.

Is Jubilee OK? Is what I was asking myself. I'm not sure what to make of her, and was that Laura? I liked her showing distrust of Poccy. I do wished that they had aged Shogo up some, to walking toddler size at least, That's why fans are really hesitant about kids, they are a daunting 20+ years of commitment to having an under 10yr old kid. Shogos been around 7 years now.

Betsy and Brian scenes were nice enough, good to see Brian being noble n heroic

Betsy was lovely, like I said, I was wtf at so many slice of life pages so soon in a #1, but I got over it, we know where she stands with her brothers, and such, so the pages weren't wasted. Her fight with both Brain and Morgan were exciting enough.

The coven stuff was so so, not much to feel there, unknowns, unfamiliars

The Gambit and Rogue scene was fun, chilled, cosy, well done Trinary. Look X-Office, please, ya got to try harder with Rogue than will she wont she, on repeat, about various stuff, we were treated to a roller-coaster ride over in the Avengers office, adventure, power, sass, momentum. She was nice enough here, and I'm intrigued about her work. The sleeping stuff..... well she looks purdy, so I guess, it's yet another couple of months of...............

Gambit had it the roughest in a way (Obvs Jubes and Rictor had the rawest of deals) but Remy was the butt of a couple of jokes, not major ones, just enough to make me a bit uneasy, but it's just the writers humor style, I suppose. I guess I always expect a more serious take on him, his humorous scenes are mostly his flirting, bantering, and opening and closing gambits.

I love Marcus Tos art, very pretty. Some dynamism in panel shapes could be cool though and onomatopoeias would go well with these very colorful colors coloring des dem comic pages.

Like I said, as much as I tend to nit-pick^, I was left happy and upbeat after reading. Excelsior
    On re-read, Gambits dialog was better than first thought and that's Psylocke in the Jubilee scene not Laura. Rogues powers situation and attitude to Apocalypse ain't as regressive/retconing as I first thought (look and read closer).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    It's funny how things pan out, the Grove was the one part of Krakoa that caught my interest straight away...

and look, here's the Grove in all its splendor,

On re-read, it all gets better,

Lots of little hints and wonders, White Witch, Oath-breaker, What came through the gate (the psy sword kinda did, but then "something looking for a host"), and many other little things.

The interactions are better than I initially/emotionally reacted to. They spoke with hints of accents, that I hadn't notice on first read. Morgan was fiercer than I'd gave her credit for.

Yep, I'm chuffed on the whole, Thanks Tini and Marcus and all involved. *thumbs up*
    I'm appreciating the brains out of it

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Unused Apoc design from Marcus To's twitter.

And some Rictor looks

The Apoc look is too busy and literal, glad they went in a different direction

I like the Rictor costume they chose best, although I would lose the weird armband things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Yeah, I dont dislike Asrar's art (altho XMen Red diminished my appreciation bc of how bad it was) but he's a very by the book artist which dont fit the tone of the story at all.

Thats literally the best Apocalypse design ever Im upset Magneto bullied him into dropping the all white outfit.

BANNED

It's the colors/inks I'd change on this book. These sketches are beautiful. It needs a more delicate, avant-garde touch suiting the nature of the book.

I hope that crazy Apocalypse look returns when he does magic. Ceremonial garb.

Ric's last look is pure Capullo/Daniel X-Force.

Pooky looks like he's gonna summon the Egyptian God Cards to fight Yami Bakura.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Nah, I don't like it, it upsets me, I'm very glad they went with what they did with Apocalypse.

BANNED

Sleeveless Rictor is best Rictor. Flexing on sapiens AND straights.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Sleeveless Rictor is best Rictor. Flexing on sapiens AND straights.
    Shoulder Pads AND a muscle shirt. I love it. So bold.