Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Gambit 14

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hope so. I liked Rictor only at the beginning of PAD's X-Factor when he was depowered. After that didn't read a lot about him.
    Well, it's interesting. He was depowered by magic (M-Day) and he was the first who the Scarlet Witch repowered. Could be something, could be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hmm, and I wonder about Rogue now, if they are going with people who can sync their power to other forces, perhaps Rogue ends up absorbing magical abilities from some source. Since they are going to explain the connection between mutants and magic in Excalibur, perhaps all of them end up having some power connection to magic or natural forces.
    I wonder if the idea of "mutant magic" is something that comes about because of the mutants taking their rightful place in the universe, or whatever that tagline is for the new era. Perhaps fighting with humans has stifled what their evolution was supposed to be and now they are finally living it. Lots of potential.

As the natural evolution of humanity, I wonder if mutant magic is automatically more potent than learning spells or whatever Strange and Voodoo entangle themselves in.

Mighty Member

That's dumb cause magic isn't intrinsic to Humanity.

No less stupid than humans having peak physical conditions, it isn’t too much of a stretch that a human has a certain threshold.

Mighty Member

It is when you consider the fact that there is no threshold.

I can get Mutants learning or being able to use magic easier. But acting like Mutant magic is better than Human magic is dumb, cause there's not levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It is when you consider the fact that there is no threshold.

I can get Mutants learning or being able to use magic easier. But acting like Mutant magic is better than Human magic is dumb, cause there's not levels.
    I’m confused. Do humans not.....run out of magic? Was there not a whole run dedicated to how every magic user only a little magic to use. If we are redefining mutants so far as to give them their own magic, then it makes sense that they not only aren’t getting it from the same source but that they can utilize it better. Not that any mutant will be better than Doctor Strange, but they have a larger or more powerful pool of play to deal with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m confused. Do humans not.....run out of magic? Was there not a whole run dedicated to how every magic user only a little magic to use. If we are redefining mutants so far as to give them their own magic, then it makes sense that they not only aren’t getting it from the same source but that they can utilize it better. Not that any mutant will be better than Doctor Strange, but they have a larger or more powerful pool of play to deal with.
    That is not what End of Magic was about. The End of Magic was about someone literally burning away magic from the universe. It wasn't about personal limits, it was about utter eradication.

not ocunting the fact that adding more layers to the already insane practition that is Magic just feels like a lot of unnecessary fluff. If it's a new practition like Asgardian Magic, cool. But if it's like 'There's a layer beneath this layer' I'm just gonna be like "Y'all can barely define the main layer and you want to add more?!"
    Last edited by Woozie; 07-23-2019 at 04:49 PM.

That is not what End of Magic was about. The End of Magic was about someone literally burning away magic from the universe. It wasn't about personal limits, it was about utter eradication.
    Yes, and all I’m saying is that mutants not being held to that same rule or source of magic would make sense. There are different sorts of magic that humans use in that universe and certain magics, like Chaos magic, is more destructive just by name alone. Mutant magic could be something else, maybe not necessarily more destructive but idk more evolved in some way. Sort of how Omega Levels work.

Mighty Member

Yes, and all I’m saying is that mutants not being held to that same rule or source of magic would make sense. There are different sorts of magic that humans use in that universe and certain magics, like Chaos magic, is more destructive just by name alone. Mutant magic could be something else, maybe not necessarily more destructive but idk more evolved in some way. Sort of how Omega Levels work.
    But that's the thing, magic isn't defined by races or species. It just is. Adding layers that can only be reached due to species is dumb, cause it'd lead to questions of why the universe eating tentacle creature completely divorced from any defining attributes of the universe can't attain it.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

In a comic realm of multiple dimensions and a seemingly untapped variety of Earths, it stands to reason that there are multiple variations of magic. In the Marvel Universe they (currently) fall into three different categories: Personal energies, Universal energies and Dimensional energies.
    Doctor Strange (et al) taps into Earth's Mystic arts via Eldritch Magic.
    Loki (et al) taps into Asgardian Magic;
    Dormammu taps into Dark Dimension magic;
    Illyanna Rasputin taps into Limboic magic;
    Mojo uses Mojoworld magik.
    It only stands to reason that mystical forces can warp and change to become something entirely new, which appears to be the premise of Excalibur.

But that's the thing, magic isn't defined by races or species. It just is. Adding layers that can only be reached due to species is dumb, cause it'd lead to questions of why the universe eating tentacle creature completely divorced from any defining attributes of the universe can't attain it.
    But that’s what I can only assume mutant magic would be, magic only accessible to you if you possess the X-Gene? Or are you just calling the concept of mutant magic dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    In a comic realm of multiple dimensions and a seemingly untapped variety of Earths, it stands to reason that there are multiple variations of magic. In the Marvel Universe they (currently) fall into three different categories: Personal energies, Universal energies and Dimensional energies.
    It only stands to reason that mystical forces can warp and change to become something entirely new, which appears to be the premise of Excalibur.
    So that leads me to wonder if it was just on the Last Days of Magic that we weren’t shown how the destruction of magic also affected Mojoworld or how the different Hell Lords interacted with their realities (unless they did and I just missed it)
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    See, I'm cool with this. And assumed this is what Mutant magic would be. Just a new practition.

Chaos magic is considered a more powerful magic than most, I don’t get what’s so hard about using that same logic when it comes to mutant magic.