Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1167
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Who's the new team member?
    Pete Wisdom

The Wild Hunt! Great trope. It remind me of Hellboy.

Starlight Citadel sounds like a roller disco.

Promises, promises.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Starlight Citadel sounds like a roller disco.
    Is the headquarter of the Britanian corps

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Pete Wisdom
    Of all the wild Excalibur members to pick, they pick the surly Nick Fury/John Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Promises, promises.
    That hair, though. The volume + curl gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Is the headquarter of the Britanian corps
    They should at least upgrade it to a silent disco, or whatever the kids are doing now.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What happened between Jamie & Brian? Why is there such animosity between the two?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What happened between Jamie & Brian? Why is there such animosity between the two?
    Betsy used Brian to kill him and more important, Brian left Jamie when he discovered that he became involved with robbery, murder and slave-trade in Africa , to be punished by his horrible crimes. I think he never forgave him really.

Jamie is being portayed like the mutant trash in this book , like talking about how his parents never understood him because he was a mutant when he activated his X-genes long after their death. And making excuses about himself when he destroyed his life long before having any power.

This Excalibur isn't really that fun, or that magical...it sorta takes itself too seriously even when it's joking...I feel like I'm at a 'function'. C'mon Rogue!!!
    Last edited by sungila; 12-21-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Mighty Member

I love the premise of this book however some of the cast just dont make sense.. Rogue andGambit would fit better with Xforce/Marauders.. Even the hellions would have made a cute team with Rogue, Psylocke,Gabmit, Havok, Sinister, Frenzy, Daken, Gorgon, and Empath. Jubliee and Shogo gotta go...

I would have loved a cast of Betsy, Wisdom, Rictor, A, Trinary, Jetstream, Oya,

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I love the premise of this book however some of the cast just dont make sense.. Rogue andGambit would fit better with Xforce/Marauders.. Even the hellions would have made a cute team with Rogue, Psylocke,Gabmit, Havok, Sinister, Frenzy, Daken, Gorgon, and Empath. Jubliee and Shogo gotta go...

I would have loved a cast of Betsy, Wisdom, Rictor, A, Trinary, Jetstream, Oya,
    One can argue about the whole what came first. The egg or the chicken. It has been implied, or almost stated, through interviews that Tini first pitched the story and then got characters added by editorial. If those characters where suggested or strongly suggested I have no clue. As it stands now I think she has done a good job on using Betsy to her advantage. Apocalypse is clearly intergral to this story so one would assume he allways was. Especially considering Hickmans involvement with her use of him. Rogue certainly has been built up as important. She and Gambit was suggested by editorial it seems. Gambit so far has been a good example of this. Replace him with any other character and all we will be missing is someone reminding them that Rogue is in danger. Jubilee is been given a role through Shogo. If she didn't use Jubilee one could guess that she might has used other approaches to show the maleability and transformative nature of magic. On the whole Shogo has been used perhaps the best so far because his function in the plot has been both visually and storywise entertaining. Readers like it and talk about him. Rictor is used as a elemetal witch certainly is something you can use in a story about magic. That it must be him and not Magma, that readers has suggested, is not yet presented to us.

Having characters added to your story is both hard and expected when writting for the X-men. Yet I would have preferred if she wasn't in this case. Editorial should have stopped after giving her Betsy. I think I would have enjoyed her issues a lot more if she had Apoc, Betsy and whatever characters she herself picked.

I'm not crying...

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I loved Brian with the hipster beard