Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1112
  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Had the pleasure of talking to Ed Brisson, and Marcus To this evening at a signing. Had the pleasure of getting a few comics signed, and also came home with this.



    I was already leaning towards picking up the new Excalibur title, but now I've been obligated, and not complaining.
    This looks amazing. Love how Princessy she looks.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  2. #122
    Mighty Member Jesse-James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    I must be honest, I did never read a story by this writer before. What did he do before this?

    Also the artist I don't think I saw his work before, did I?

  3. #123
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,565

    Default

    Can't wait, but I hope Brian is still around somehow.

  4. #124
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Had the pleasure of talking to Ed Brisson, and Marcus To this evening at a signing. Had the pleasure of getting a few comics signed, and also came home with this.



    I was already leaning towards picking up the new Excalibur title, but now I've been obligated, and not complaining.
    That's lovely! Can't wait to see To's Rogue and Rictor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I must be honest, I did never read a story by this writer before. What did he do before this?

    Also the artist I don't think I saw his work before, did I?
    Tini is a woman. She's written Thanos, Death's Head and Age of Conan: Bęlit, for Marvel. She's also launching Strikeforce (the new team book with Spider-Woman, Angela, Blade, Wiccan, Winter Soldier and Monica Rambeau).

    To has drawn Nightwing and a bunch of X-Books, most recently Age of X-Man: NextGen.

  5. #125
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope at least in some way to see in Excalibur what Apocalypse meant about Gambit`s Unique Haritage.

    You need to get this to Howard ASAP, lol. Hoping Howard does something with the Gambit and Apocalypse relationship and with Gambit's Death persona. That would tie in nicely to the magic theme as it was teased in the Hellbound mini when Gambit was in Limbo and the death persona emerged that the persona was more than just mutant powers. Limbo enhanced his abilities and allowed Gambit to control people via touch. He was also able to banish people with his cards if I recall. Doubt they go that route but that was perhaps the most interesting development of the Deathbit era. Linking that to magic would make sense as would tying his magic use to Deathbit with him maybe having to learn how to tap into those powers without transforming into Deathbit. Doubt they actually explore this because well most don't seem to want to do anything interesting with Gambit but a man can dream.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-25-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  6. #126
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    In Gambit 14 by Asmus Remy got knighted in the Otherworld, killed a dragon and made a peace. He must be well known there and know this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit 14

    You dropping gems today. Hopefully Pete Wisdom, Faiza and co make an appearance. Maybe we can also get a clearer explanation of the extent of Faiza resurrecting Gambit and whether that came with restoration of his full powers. I really hope Howard does her research because Gambit seems pretty well suited for this team given his connection with Apocalypse, his unique heritage (could his use of magic be built off of that), his enhanced powers in Hellbound, and his already having a connection with Wisdom and otherworld from his solo.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-25-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  7. #127
    Fantastic Member Weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    384

    Default

    I'm not familiar with Howard, but I heard good things. Marcus To is a genius, and I think his style will be perfect for Excalibur. I'm beyond happy the X-office kept him.



    He did great in GotG in the Legacy arc, X-men Blue and NextGen.

  8. #128
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    You need to get this to Howard ASAP, lol. Hoping Howard does something with the Gambit and Apocalypse relationship and with Gambit's Death persona. That would tie in nicely to the magic theme as it was teased in the Hellbound mini when Gambit was in Limbo and the death persona emerged that the persona was more than just mutant powers. Limbo enhanced his abilities and allowed Gambit to control people via touch. He was also able to banish people with his cards if I recall. Doubt they go that route but that was perhaps the most interesting development of the Deathbit era. Linking that to magic would make sense as would tying his magic use to Deathbit with him maybe having to learn how to tap into those powers without transforming into Deathbit. Doubt they actually explore this because well most don't seem to want to do anything interesting with Gambit but a man can dream.
    Just sent her tweets with "Unique heritage" page and Gambit/Wisom. I hope she will check it. Gambit/Apocalypse is the most interesting part of Excalibur for me and I hope it will be used.

  9. #129
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    You dropping gems today. Hopefully Pete Wisdom, Faiza and co make an appearance. Maybe we can also get a clearer explanation of the extent of Faiza resurrecting Gambit and whether that came with restoration of his full powers. I really hope Howard does her research because Gambit seems pretty well suited for this team given his connection with Apocalypse, his unique heritage (could his use of magic be built off of that), his enhanced powers in Hellbound, and his already having a connection with Wisdom and otherworld from his solo.
    Hoping for that too. There is a lot of potential. I hope it will be used well.

  10. #130
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I'm not familiar with Howard, but I heard good things. Marcus To is a genius, and I think his style will be perfect for Excalibur. I'm beyond happy the X-office kept him.



    He did great in GotG in the Legacy arc, X-men Blue and NextGen.
    To is great. We are lucky with him.

  11. #131
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    To is great. We are lucky with him.
    Agreed. This is going to be a beautiful book.

  12. #132
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Wait those panel up there are Marcus To?? No R.B. Silva?

    If that's the case I am way more excited about interiors.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  13. #133
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wait those panel up there are Marcus To?? No R.B. Silva?

    If that's the case I am way more excited about interiors.
    I feel like that's RB Silva? Marcus To worked on the recent NextGen from Age of X-Man. And the two pieces of art don't look similar. Marcus To recently drew Betsy in NextGen #5: example (pulled from Psylocke Like a Butterfly)
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  14. #134
    Incredible Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Nvm, I actually only need this one. Anka variant

    That's pretty great. I really like her costume more in this.
    Make Good Art

  15. #135
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Here's some of To's recent Marvel work:

    https://www.marvel.com/comics/creators/9038/marcus_to

    And his website gallery is really nice:

    https://marcusto.com/gallery/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •