Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Uncanny's Death toll

In uncanny. Rosenberg Said he didn't like killing all those x-men.Now i hear Hickman,s house of X and Powers of X will bring them back. what was the Thinking of killing them and then bringing them back.

Spectacular Member

Bad shock stories. Characters should be put in peril, but rarely die I think. Way too many characters are killed for bad stories and then resurrected again.

From some of the preview art, it looks like Xavier is resurrecting characters. Maybe Hickman wanted a bunch more dead characters for that.

Mighty Member

that could be true mighty member. Maybe this was part of a plain for Xavier to undo it in House of X

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I think it was just bad shock value, and Rosenberg attempting to be controversial & edgy.

MAYBE it was planned so Xavier or Krakoa could resurrect & be a mutant savior. But the thing is, we had villains killed off in this as well. so what in-story reason would there be to resurrect the bad mutants?

Rosenberg killed off Creed, and who on Earth in the X-Men is gonna want him revived? And why would Magik give up the location of his head? lol The Marauders all have less than good reputations. Why would Xavier or Krakoa resurrect them?

So I am still in the "Rosencanny was filler" camp and it won't end up mattering to Hickman's overall story since he started on it before Rosenberg worked on Uncanny,
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-21-2019 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

Just like Doom has "It was a Doombot!", Sabretooth has "It was a Sinister's clone!", so how he's alive or dead whenever he appears is largely immaterial for the story being told.