Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

One of the reason I stopped reading comics a while ago was the number of stupid death and meaningless carnage, I'm glad it's over and...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Full list:

Blindfold
    Reavers (6)
    Loa
    Strong Guy
    Sunspot
    Sabretooth
    Joseph
    Wolfsbane
    Marauders (6)
    Chamber
    Vanisher
    Nasty Boys sans Slab (4)
    Shinobi
    Dark Beast
    Triage (except for Twitterverse where he’s alive)
    Velocidad
    Banshee
    Siena Blaze
    Trevor Fitzroy
    for all intents and purposes, Magik
    Havok
    Fabian Cortez
    Warlock
    Multiple Man

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Even if Hickman's story needed dead mutants to work, Rosenberg's use of death was pretty bad.
    Agreed. The whole series felt very loosey-goosey and no one cared that everyone was dying around them. I do think it was one of those things where editorial was like "let's make sure everyone is put through the ringer so Hickman can fix everything in bold sweeping strokes."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yeah, we knew Banshee could speak if he wanted to. He had a line in the first part of the War of the Realms crossover. Not much of a line, granted, but Havok asks why he's there because isn't he supposed to be locked up in the basement, he replies "I am, yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Yeah, we knew Banshee could speak if he wanted to. He had a line in the first part of the War of the Realms crossover. Not much of a line, granted, but Havok asks why he's there because isn't he supposed to be locked up in the basement, he replies "I am, yes".
    This is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    How is Triage being alive limited to the twitterverse? Yeah, Rosenberg clarified there, but in the issue itself, right before he's depowered, Callahan threatens to depower him, and then does. There's no reason to assume he'd died.

As others have noted, he was depowered, but reports of his death were greatly exaggerated.

Rosenberg's run wasn't good, but this isn't a case of a BS excuse, what he says is what was demonstrated on the page.
    Because when Vanisher's cure implant was activated he melted into a puddle of goo, and it looked like Triage got electrocuted by his and we didn't see him again in the rest of the issue

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kwannon got knifed and never showed up either. I'm not sure why Vanisher melted.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Because when Vanisher's cure implant was activated he melted into a puddle of goo, and it looked like Triage got electrocuted by his and we didn't see him again in the rest of the issue
    And yet, electrocution, immediately following the threat of using the device to make him human instead of killing him, aren't the same as death. Electrocution isn't the same as being turned into a pile of goo, and absence in comics has never meant dead.
    Saying "he could've died," is reasonable, insisting he did even though it's not the only interpretation, isn't supporting by the text, and the author also confirmed it wasn't meant to be a death, it seems like he isn't "only alive on the twitterverse" as much as "only dead to a couple of fans."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kwannon got knifed and never showed up either. I'm not sure why Vanisher melted.
    Yeah, I read a review the other day on a website that claimed Kwannon was killed in Uncanny when she's stabbed in the shoulder, and then they make a point of saying she'd left when they weren't watching, implying escape, not death.

Rosenberg killed so many X-Men in Uncanny, but people want to pin even more deaths on that run than what took place.

BANNED

All the cool kids were dying, I assumed Triage was just jumping on the bandwagon.

He was a black man in an X-Men comic, he never stood a chance

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    All the cool kids were dying, I assumed Triage was just jumping on the bandwagon.
    Best answer X)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    I'm out.
    wait wait wait come back, they’re all alive now.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    wait wait wait come back, they’re all alive now.
    This. Thankfully, Rosenberg's doings didn't hold long.

I'm not sure they are. ^^