Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Marvel vs. DC: Boxing Tournament of Champions

    Who wins?

    5 rounds, 3 minutes each

    Superman vs. Hyperion
    Lobo vs. Hulk
    Wonder Woman vs. Thor
    Martian Manhunter vs. She Hulk
    Billy Batson vs. Carol Danvers
    Aquaman vs. Namor
    Kilowog vs. Juggernaut
    Orion vs. The Thing

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,602

    Default

    Which Hyperion? There are a ridiculous number of them at this point.

  3. #3
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Due to massive speed differentials and occasionally strength advantages, DC win everything except Arthur/Namor and Kilowog/Juggs. Namor’s punching Arthur’s head off and Kilowog can do literally nothing to Juggs in a boxing match. By contrast, Juggs CAN hurt Kilowog very, very badly.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Due to massive speed differentials and occasionally strength advantages, DC win everything except Arthur/Namor and Kilowog/Juggs. Namor’s punching Arthur’s head off and Kilowog can do literally nothing to Juggs in a boxing match. By contrast, Juggs CAN hurt Kilowog very, very badly.
    Agreed. Except with Namor. I think he wins, but not in a casual one shot. Aquaman is solid class 80/90 these days iirc.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  5. #5
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Agreed. Except with Namor. I think he wins, but not in a casual one shot. Aquaman is solid class 80/90 these days iirc.
    namor wouldn't kill arthur. he's married and a blonde.

  6. #6
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Sorry - I didn’t mean to imply it was a one-shot (or even that it was a horror-stomp).

    Kilowog vs Juggs, though? That’s incredibly one-sided. As are most of the other matches.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Sorry - I didn’t mean to imply it was a one-shot (or even that it was a horror-stomp).

    Kilowog vs Juggs, though? That’s incredibly one-sided. As are most of the other matches.
    Kilowog is better off trying to get himself disqualified before he gets literally murdered in the ring.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  8. #8

    Default

    Actually, Lobo v Hulk should be close right? Where is Lobo these days?
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  9. #9
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Yeah, I guess. Lobo has no real superspeed, does he?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, I guess. Lobo has no real superspeed, does he?
    Dont believe so.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    He's able to hang with Supes fairly regularly

    https://imgur.com/Qb0BCKD

  12. #12
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    He's able to hang with Supes fairly regularly

    https://imgur.com/Qb0BCKD
    Lobo got changed a lot in the recent spat of reboots right? Isn't he a pretty anime boy now?
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Underbelly: A Mafia Intrigue RPG. Come and do crimes!

    Art Thread on CBR

  13. #13
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Lobo got changed a lot in the recent spat of reboots right? Isn't he a pretty anime boy now?
    I think that one got killed by Old Lobo in an amazing display of intelligence by the DC reboot group.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  14. #14
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    He's able to hang with Supes fairly regularly

    https://imgur.com/Qb0BCKD
    Dear sweet lord, the Super Mullet.

  15. #15
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I think that one got killed by Old Lobo in an amazing display of intelligence by the DC reboot group.
    The DC Reboot Group. Imagine having that on the old business card.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •