Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you enjoy doing things alone?

I mean, Do you enjoy doing things alone? Things like going out to eat, to the movies, for walks without someone else?

I really do. I always did. Sure, I also enjoy doing things with family and friends, but sometimes I just want to be alone doing my own thing without having to talk and listen to someone else haha. I can go out to eat or to the movies, shopping and I'm fine. One thing I don't like, though, is to travel alone. One day or 2 alone in a familiar place is fine, but on an extended period and in a new place, I much rather have company. Good company.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-05-2019 at 09:57 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I don't actually like dining at restaurants. Take out or delivery, almost always.

I loathe the "theatre experience," whether it's alone or with someone. The sound, the big screen, the seating, the food and drink irritate me profusely.

I'm the type of person that enjoys MMOs, but then usually solos everything. I like the idea of people, but not the actuality of it. ;D

There are times when I even lock myself in a room so I can't be bothered by my wife... and when she was living with us, my daughter.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I do plenty of things alone, preferred it for a good chunk of my life actually. Always liked going to movies by myself or cooking/eating a meal without anyone but I've recently begun to grow out of it. Going to a movie with one or two friends, and grabbing a bite to eat or drink afterwards... I've grown to appreciate the companionship. I can still enjoy those things in isolation, but I can do a lot of things in isolation more easily. Might as well do it with a friend.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'll sometimes go for a walk by myself but I usually do stuff with other people (sometimes not by choice LOL).

I do all of those things by myself without any loss of enjoyment. I also do them with others too.

I don't get how people do most things with other people, to be honest.

One of my circles of hell is a party where I have to socialize with lots of people I barely know, if I know them at all. I'll be the guy in the corner sipping his drink watching and hoping nobody tries to talk to me.

I enjoy doing things with my spouse and maybe 1-2 other people at most but after that I get very uncomfortable.

Invincible Member

I like going to the movie theater alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, that is the best. Go when you want, sit where you want, eat what you want and no arguing about which movie to see. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I enjoy eating out alone more than with family or friends.. So I don't have to talk to others while eating a simple food
    When I go out to eat alone, I often also read my comics lol. Fun time, especially if the food is good.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'll sometimes go for a walk by myself but I usually do stuff with other people (sometimes not by choice LOL).
    I really enjoy going alone for walks into natural places. Very relaxing and even inspirational if the view is awesome. I live near the mountains and the beach so it's easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I don't get how people do most things with other people, to be honest.
    It seems some people can't be alone and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I do sometimes, but other times it's fun to watch an action or comedic movie with others and laugh together.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really enjoy going alone for walks into natural places. Very relaxing and even inspirational if the view is awesome. I live near the mountains and the beach so it's easy to do.

The walks in the park are quite nice and relaxing. I don't have a problem being on my own and I'm quite happy to have those moments, but I'm a married man with a very busy work schedule so I don't get much ''alone time'' currently, maybe when things slow down a bit. I do also read my comics or books alone as well when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Or they genuinely enjoy the company of others.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    The walks in the park are quite nice and relaxing. I don't have a problem being on my own and I'm quite happy to have those moments, but I'm a married man with a very busy work schedule so I don't get much ''alone time'' currently, maybe when things slow down a bit. I do also read my comics or books alone as well when I get the chance.
    very understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Or they genuinely enjoy the company of others.
    And that's fine. I also enjoy the company of others and seek it sometimes. But I also enjoy being by myself quite a bit. That was my question for this thread, some people like to do things alone, but some just don't or can't.

I kind of draw the line at going to the show. Sometimes tho I get it- time and place. Older you get your circle of free time and free people just gets small and by and large ain't nobody makin' time for that. I can count on 1 hand the number of movies I've seen alone and I'd have change left over. Also If you're single it's much easier to do and I am not above it but I just don't like the perception, of what, the look, might be, of me, for me personally. Coming out of that dark ass theater into the sun, alone, that perp walk to the car lol, is the least coolest part of it for me. I can go to a bar and sit, and chew it up with people I've never met or not say **** and watch TV. I can eat alone, again prolly at the bar and I'm Kool and the Gang. Walks, sure, once in a while, great, that movie tho. I love parties, not so hot on big sporting event type crowds, depends but I've got a strange conditioning in me that prohibits a solo mission at the cinemaplex unless there is no way in hell, I'm going to see this until it hits streaming or physical release. I saw Wonder Woman solo but before that I think it was Coyote Ugly for some sick ass perspective. I mean who am I going to bitch to, fresh off the view, if the movie sucked? That's part of it right?

All this is to say... I plan on seeing Shazam! alone but only cause I don't wanna answer any questions from the wife.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I adore it. I thrive on it and detest when someone invades my me time