Mighty Member

Default Doc Ock's tentacles

The original arms were destroyed years ago, right? I haven't kept up with Spidey except what I hear about, these days.

I only know that during Erik Larsen's time on the Spider-Man titles, Octavius had adamantium tentacles.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-23-2019 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Incredible Member

I believe the first, to my knowledge, destruction of tentacles, occurred in The Lethal Foes of Spider-Man #1 (1993).

Other previous occassions, such as Spectacular Spider-Man #75 (1983) may have just been the ripping of tentacles, only for re-welding them back, as well as for the adamantium, reinforcing over them.

Mighty Member

I liked how spooky it was when the arms were seperated from Ock, but he could still control them, sometimes over hundreds of miles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I liked how spooky it was when the arms were seperated from Ock, but he could still control them, sometimes over hundreds of miles.
    THAT, however's been a thing since Amazing Spider-Man #88, 1970.

the best tentacle telepathy stuff is that horror movie tier business from USM
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the best tentacle telepathy stuff is that horror movie tier business from USM
    As well as the most dramatic tentacle meltdown - Ultimate Spider-Man #59. It only took until the third outing for Nick Fury to no longer take any crap about Octavius' business with his tentacles - melted them before his very eyes - and pain!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    THAT, however's been a thing since Amazing Spider-Man #88, 1970.
    Yep, that's the one I was thinking of, though it first happened in annual #1 (first Sinister Six). Maybe it would be better these days if Ock had just died, but his arms kept on going, with a sort of residual conciousness.