Mighty Member

Default Batman has such a rich history...

I can see why he's one of if not the most popular DC characters. I'm reading some of the early issues and I'm falling in love with the character all over again. What Bob Kane and Bill Finger created I think went way beyond what even they thought. I made a recent post about Bruce lacking character development but I now know that I was wrong. It is there. In the beginning with Dick, he seems a lot happier and carefree having a surrogate son to fight crime, and then later when he joins and leads the Teen Titans that begins the coldness and distance of Bruce which is further enhanced with the death of Jason Todd so it makes perfect sense. He regains some of the lightness back with Tim but I think by the 1990s they struck a nice balance between dark Batman and light Batman. It's one of the rare cases where the main character by himself is interesting but the supporting characters are just as interesting, and under Bruce's leadership they are allowed to grow and become heroes in their own right (Nightwing-Yeah he's currently lost his memory but he'll get it back I'm sure, the Batgirls, even Tim Drake has grown as well and will soon be getting a new codename and Damian as well). Alfred Pennyworth is one of the unsung heroes. He is the Samwise Gamgee of DC. He has a great rogues gallery with some good storylines Pre and Post Crisis. Sure, he's had some silly stories too in the Golden and Silver Age, but they're still fun. So yeah, Batman is awesome.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

It's times when I look back and I realize how... happy Batman seemed in spite of all the dark goings on otherwise happening around him.