Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Didn't emma just get almost all the x-men killed in uncanny. And Storm had to save her from retribution of the inhumans. And Kitty;s time as leader amounted to about nothing. Let's not get all fake news up here now. LOL. Storm has had many successful runs as a leader while everytime Emma is in a role of power many young mutants die. Many. lol. So this must have been a bait post.
    Neither Emma nor Katherine have ever been roundly defeated by that massive threat NANNY.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Emma also saved those 616 peasants from the Void and got the team through World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and Fear Itself.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Neither Emma nor Katherine have ever been roundly defeated by that massive threat NANNY.
    Nope Emma hjust got defeated by a human general, Sebastian Shaw, a school bus, storm"s lightning, cyclops shade, Jean ripping into her mind, Shaw
    No other mutant leader besides magneto with genosha has a higher death count of students than Emma and I like her but facts are facts. She's not fit to lead based on your own criteria or thoughts of storm rather.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Nope Emma hjust got defeated by a human general, Sebastian Shaw, a school bus, storm"s lightning, cyclops shade, Jean ripping into her mind, Shaw
    No other mutant leader besides magneto with genosha has a higher death count of students than Emma and I like her but facts are facts. She's not fit to lead based on your own criteria or thoughts of storm rather.
    Every child Nanny has kidnapped over the years is on Storm’s head.

Is what it is better for herself to fall victim than innocent children. The thing Emma claims to care about most but I won't mentioned or address this again because again facts are facts and I'm not really interested in the beat on Emma train when the writers and other characters do such a good job like over in uncanny.

As far as your question havkk83 we have to wait to read the book to find out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thisnt the X-men! Emma and Kitty have struck off and are doing their own thing. The bigger question is why is Storm following them?
    Yeah, this isn't a x-men team. it's a corporate team. I would really like to know why Storm is following them

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Emma also saved those 616 peasants from the Void and got the team through World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and Fear Itself.
    She was th eonly woman x-men allowed to do anything

Remember when Storm was a real character who went through trials and tribulations, and prevailed? Who had actual character arcs? That was fun.

But for years, nobody has actually known what to do with her, and so, in lieu of character development we've been given a slew of empty feats, ill-thought-out leadership mandates, or just nonsensical lip service ("Your marriage is the most important thing that has happened to mutantkind Storm!"). Doesn't matter how poorly she is handled as long as we acknowledge that she is i-m-p-o-r-t-a-n-t!

Unfortunately after years of this treatment, a significant portion of her base is now completely obsessed with status.
    And so, rather than being given stories that allow her to show her character and humanity, she must be written with a level of deference (muh Goddess, muh Omega level, muh leader) that forbids actual risk-taking from the writers, and completely removes her from the reader's emotional reach.

Unlike Guggenheim, Duggan is a good writer and the fact that he feels no obligation to follow these diktats actually gives me hope. Perhaps he'll reinvigorate her with a spark of personality.

I guess it's perfect that Storm is also being written by the Black Panther creative team because that other aspect of the character fits perfectly with Coates' tedious / self-serious / self-indulgent writing. He most likely won't write anything of actual interest for her character, but he'll continue to lavish her with praises and vacuous titles no one cares about.

So everyone should be satisfied in the coming months!

If you think leadership take away writers taking risks on Storm, I have bad news

Have you read Extraordinary X-Men?

I've never seen a more blatant display of a writer being too petrified to actually try anything risky.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If you think leadership take away writers taking risks on Storm, I have bad news
    My entire point is that she doesn't HAVE to be to be given interesting character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Have you read Extraordinary X-Men?

I've never seen a more blatant display of a writer being too petrified to actually try anything risky.
    it was under heavy editorial mandate. And then there is Claremont

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You have to keep in mind that this isnt the X-men. Emma is funding the team so she likely has alot of say in how its run. Storm being leader here might mean she falls under Emma and that would be a tougher pill to swallow than Kitty. The bigger question is why is Storm even here? It may be that she doesnt trust Emma and is looking out for Kitty
    taking orders from Kitty that take orders from Emma. Double savage

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    My entire point is that she doesn't HAVE to be to be given interesting character development.
    Sure, but being leader shouldn't be a problem for chaarcter development. Look at the likes of Scott, even Emma

it was under heavy editorial mandate. And then there is Claremont
    Then that doesn't disprove Supernature's point. It just means the fault lies on the editors and not Lemire.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Then that doesn't disprove Supernature's point. It just means the fault lies on the editors and not Lemire.
    The editors aren't the same anymore

Fantastic Member

I mean, sorta? It isn't clear (afaik) which editor mandated things with EXM, but White was an assistant editor at marvel during that time. He just wasn't the lead until this year.

If you have concrete evidence, that'd be awesome. afaik he's the one responsible for the bait and switch wedding, so I'm already not a fan of his.

OK? I already knew that.
    "Cable was right!"