Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Okay, let's think this through: Should Kitty's 5 minutes in space make her a better commander of a ship than Ororo, mistress of the elements? I mean, the boat literally needs wind and waves to go right. Storm is intrinsically connected to the entire atmosphere and tides. She can walk on water, breathe underwater, and command the winds and waves. She grew up from age 5 on the streets of Cairo and is still regarded as one of the best thieves in the world. She's sneaky. She's wise. She's powerful. She has commanded X-Men teams for decades. She has political connections to the UN Security Council. In what world is Kitty better qualified than her?
    Yay, thats why Kitty is putting her to work

Disgusting. Why shouldn't Ororo manage her own capabilities? It is insulting when Kitty tells her to do something she damn well would know to do for herself.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Okay, let's think this through: Should Kitty's 5 minutes in space make her a better commander of a ship than Ororo, mistress of the elements? I mean, the boat literally needs wind and waves to go right. Storm is intrinsically connected to the entire atmosphere and tides. She can walk on water, breathe underwater, and command the winds and waves.
    Sounds like she'd make one hell of a helmsman.

Disgusting. Why shouldn't Ororo manage her own capabilities? It is insulting when Kitty tells her to do something she damn well would know to do for herself.
    You have to keep in mind that this isnt the X-men. Emma is funding the team so she likely has alot of say in how its run. Storm being leader here might mean she falls under Emma and that would be a tougher pill to swallow than Kitty. The bigger question is why is Storm even here? It may be that she doesnt trust Emma and is looking out for Kitty

BANNED

That doesn’t actually mean anything anymore. It’s funny because Guggenheim said those exact same words.

And he ended up Taking a Dookie on Storm anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You have to keep in mind that this isnt the X-men. Emma is funding the team so she likely has alot of say in how its run. Storm being leader here might mean she falls under Emma and that would be a tougher pill to swallow than Kitty. The bigger question is why is Storm even here? It may be that she doesnt trust Emma and is looking out for Kitty
    Storm being subservient to either Emma or Kitty is disgusting. Hickman is cancelled.

Storm being subservient to either Emma or Kitty is disgusting. Hickman is cancelled.
    Never forget

I doubt she's gonna be shining their shoes. There's like a 9/10 chance that she's gonna be the trouble shooter when they run into real threats.

Don't overreact just yet.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Storm is a proven leader in Claremont's original run and his X-Treme Run. She was also a proven leader in the Blue/Gold era. Ideally, I'd like to see her leading in a new way. My ideas:

1. Someone "up-thread" suggested an advisory council role. I'd do something like that, only as a leadership council. A five member council consisting of Charles, Scott, Jean, Ororo, and Sam as equals. Being on the council would mean NOT leading a field team. The field teams and their leads would be accountable to the council.
    2. Leadership of a unity squad with mutants, humans, Inhumans, and at least one Asgardian/Olympian/Eternal.
    3. Bring back Ultimates (Monica, Blue Marvel, etc) with Ororo as the lead.

I'd suggest XSE Director or X-Corps Director if I thought there was a chance of either concept being resurrected.

Kitty is just as deserving of leading a team as Sam, Bobby, Gambit, etc. We are just one good writer away from it working if folks will let go of past bad writing. Big if, I know.

Lol ya'll are petty.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Storm is a proven leader in Claremont's original run and his X-Treme Run. She was also a proven leader in the Blue/Gold era. Ideally, I'd like to see her leading in a new way. My ideas:

1. Someone "up-thread" suggested an advisory council role. I'd do something like that, only as a leadership council. A five member council consisting of Charles, Scott, Jean, Ororo, and Sam as equals. Being on the council would mean NOT leading a field team. The field teams and their leads would be accountable to the council.
    2. Leadership of a unity squad with mutants, humans, Inhumans, and at least one Asgardian/Olympian/Eternal.
    3. Bring back Ultimates (Monica, Blue Marvel, etc) with Ororo as the lead.

I'd suggest XSE Director or X-Corps Director if I thought there was a chance of either concept being resurrected.

Kitty is just as deserving of leading a team as Sam, Bobby, Gambit, etc. We are just one good writer away from it working if folks will let go of past bad writing. Big if, I know.
    I mean idk Kitty has always been what's the word......punchable?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Never forget

I will never forget boos ever!!!

she said it was an UNFORGIVABLE CRIME!!!!! Its canon!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Okay, let's think this through: Should Kitty's 5 minutes in space make her a better commander of a ship than Ororo, mistress of the elements? I mean, the boat literally needs wind and waves to go right. Storm is intrinsically connected to the entire atmosphere and tides. She can walk on water, breathe underwater, and command the winds and waves. She grew up from age 5 on the streets of Cairo and is still regarded as one of the best thieves in the world. She's sneaky. She's wise. She's powerful. She has commanded X-Men teams for decades. She has political connections to the UN Security Council. In what world is Kitty better qualified than her?
    If by 5 mins you mean 8 months in space running the exact type of missions this team will probably be doing then yes Kitty "5 mins" of exact job experience doing exact type job matters more. Of course Storm is qualified to lead the team as well and you have made a great case for her being asset on ship. The things is you guys can't criticize for ignoring experience then turn around ignore experience. This book is doing guardian of galaxy still hit and run/guerilla style missions. No X-men team beside probably Cable's X-force is that their standard operating set up.

Kitty is as logical choice to lead as Storm for a set up that is being suggested. If you need a decider maybe they don't want person in charge be person who has bouts of claustrophobia still on occasion in charge on enclosed vessel in stressful situations. The point is in this specific situation instead of when Storm made her headmaster,You have logically a reason for why Kitty is a good choice and why Storm would take a step back.

As long they don't make Storm, Bishop and Emma zombies blindly following orders I am fine. I don't have problem when other people are in charge,The problem is when other people are in charge and they don't write Storm voicing a opinion. The beauty of Cyclops leadership and Wolverine is that Wolverine will independently think and criticize. Writers need to apply that to Storm or any X-men with leadership skills in books.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This book is doing guardian of galaxy still hit and run/guerilla style missions. No X-men team beside probably Cable's X-force is that their standard operating set up.
    8 month my ass. This is Marvel. Sliding timescale always washes over specific times. It's still only been 13 years since FF#1.

As for guerilla smash and grab tactics, I take it you missed out on Storm's Outback era, where her X-Men would teleport in and out of missions, on the fly, under-cover. Smashing corrupt regimes, righting wrongs, restoring stolen booty.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If by 5 mins you mean 8 months in space running the exact type of missions this team will probably be doing then yes Kitty "5 mins" of exact job experience doing exact type job matters more. Of course Storm is qualified to lead the team as well and you have made a great case for her being asset on ship. The things is you guys can't criticize for ignoring experience then turn around ignore experience. This book is doing guardian of galaxy still hit and run/guerilla style missions. No X-men team beside probably Cable's X-force is that their standard operating set up.

Kitty is as logical choice to lead as Storm for a set up that is being suggested. If you need a decider maybe they don't want person in charge be person who has bouts of claustrophobia still on occasion in charge on enclosed vessel in stressful situations. The point is in this specific situation instead of when Storm made her headmaster,You have logically a reason for why Kitty is a good choice and why Storm would take a step back.

As long they don't make Storm, Bishop and Emma zombies blindly following orders I am fine. I don't have problem when other people are in charge,The problem is when other people are in charge and they don't write Storm voicing a opinion. The beauty of Cyclops leadership and Wolverine is that Wolverine will independently think and criticize. Writers need to apply that to Storm or any X-men with leadership skills in books.

let's be clear everyone isnt making the case kitty shouldnt lead. but the question is this, replace ororo with cyclops would you or most readers be ok with this? i cant recall any moment where cyclops took orders from anyone save Xavier. there isn't any circumstance or situation ororo should be taking orders from kitty. its a slap in a face to her development which is why I enjoy what coates has done. she has become an actual goddess where entire nations worship her which is quite the difference in the xbooks.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-22-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!