Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Storm's status as a X-Men leader

While historically she may have always felt like second choice compared to Xavier or Cyclops there was still that legitmate sense of seniority among most of her teammates combined with strong leadership abilities. If neither Scott or Xavier were around she was the obvious 3rd choice.

However, that's changed in recent times, at first i thought her taking orders from Kitty was just a phase, but given that we're seeing the same thing happen again in Marauders I'm wondering if this is going to stick? At this stage in terms of "rank" or making big calls she lacks behind Jean, Emma and even Kitty.

Maybe after her failures during the T-Mist crisis and as Queen of Wakanda it's natural for her to want to take a step back and lack the confidence she used to have in her decision making? I wonder if this is the new normal for Storm and that we should get used to seeing Kitty as a major leader in her place?
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-22-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Who cares? Kitty can have it, it's a thankless job anyway. It worked for the stories where she was leader but i don't mind her not being a leader. Storm does what she wants to do, it doesn't really matter who is in charge of a team or who has to take the responsibility for all the members etc. I'm actually relieved she's not leading Mauraders. Why does Storm always have to take on the same responsibility she's been doing for over 30 years. Maybe it's not lack of confidence, maybe she's just tired. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

This is my biggest gripe. The fact that we have to speculate on what she may be feeling, and the team dynamics, and what has been happening to her the last few years. That shows to me the writers are not doing their jobs. Makes me miss thought bubbles...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Who cares? Kitty can have it, it's a thankless job anyway. It worked for the stories where she was leader but i don't mind her not being a leader. Storm does what she wants to do, it doesn't really matter who is in charge of a team or who has to take the responsibility for all the members etc. I'm actually relieved she's not leading Mauraders. Why does Storm always have to take on the same responsibility she's been doing for over 30 years. Maybe it's not lack of confidence, maybe she's just tired. lol
    Agreed. I think it may be more interesting to see Storm with that burden lifted from her. Wolverine too. Let them be more loose cannons and give them moments to shine instead of standing around barking orders. Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    This is my biggest gripe. The fact that we have to speculate on what she may be feeling, and the team dynamics, and what has been happening to her the last few years. That shows to me the writers are not doing their jobs. Makes me miss thought bubbles...
    Orroro has always acted like a mother figure for Kitty. It's not out of line that Orroro would push the girl she sees as a daughter to take the leadership role while she supports her. Just like Orroro did at the beginning of Gold.

I think Orroro wants Kitty to take the lead because there is a part of her that loves watching Kitty grow up and become more responsible.

Yeah I'm pretty much in this camp. I couldn't care less if she's the leader. Let Kitty and Emma worry about the red tape and other nonsense. The goddess is free to simply focus on the work.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Claremont himself always saw Kitty as the future leader of mutant kind. Maybe it makes sense that she's starting to outgrow her "mother figure" in leadership? Storm probably recognizes Kitty's natural abilities in this area too which is why she's taken a step back but still supports her.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I think it may be more interesting to see Storm with that burden lifted from her. Wolverine too. Let them be more loose cannons and give them moments to shine instead of standing around barking orders. Just my $.02.
    Leadership is so overrated. Some people think it makes the characters special but they all end up doing the same stuff. Storm doesn't need to bark orders to be special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Leadership is so overrated. Some people think it makes the characters special but they all end up doing the same stuff. Storm doesn't need to bark orders to be special.
    Also leaders tend to be treated as antagonistic authority figures to make others more sympathetic (look at Rosenberg). It’s a thankless job.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Leadership is a pain in the ass. Just ask Surge. Storm needs a break once in a while.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At this point...I absolutely do not care that she's not a Leader of the X-Men/a team of X-Men. Yes, I know she's one of a select few most qualified for the position. But...

1: Claremont did that already and it was awesome and fantastic and iconic for the character and for us and I'm quite happy with someone else taking the reigns. (It's not as though she'll be totally left out of the loop and have no say in the Marauders because... Duggan is 1 million times better than Kittenheim).
    2: Despite being my absolute favourite X-Man, I do not need/want her to be the Lord Emperor Goddess-Queen of Everything and All Time! All I ask is that she be written well and effectively. (I repeat...Duggan is 1 million times better than Kittenheim, so...I'm hopeful)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-22-2019 at 09:28 AM.

The X-Men and mutants should have multiple leaders with different points of view. Irl minorities rarely get behind one leader.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. The only time being the leader actually enhanced Logan’s character was during Uncanny X-Force, and that’s only because the $#!t kept hitting the fan and he was in over his head and yelling at everyone all the time. And when he wasn’t, he was calling Deadpool and Fantomex “ding dongs.” Ha. So it was highly entertaining. But I hated his stint as headmaster of the school and “leader” of the Gold team during the Wolverine and the X-men series post-Schism.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    We don’t have to speculate.

Her feelings were established before xmen gold started. IN xmen Prime.

People don’t have to like it. It may not make sense or be in character. But She has shared her feelings on why she wanted to step
    Down. So saying it hasn’t been stated Is categorically false.

(I don’t disagree that more feeling and thought sharing in general should be shown on panel, though.)
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

As a Storm Fan i'm actually fine that Storm is not leading a Team. She doesn't have too all the time, it's just weird that Kitty is leading her. But i'm starting to not care about that anymore so i'm down to see Kitty grow as a character with Storm backing her up.

I AGREE. Storm doesn't need to lead a Team all the time. Let someone else worry about that Burden. Let's Storm be an actual Storm rage and do whatever it wants to do.