Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that may have been the case when he was created in the 1960s but he's been around for so long that, this doesnt hold up anymore.
    I don't think so, really. He hardly seems the type to catch up with the news, and spends, what, only 1/3 of his time here. Plus, Earth is, ultimately, not really his planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think so, really. He hardly seems the type to catch up with the news, and spends, what, only 1/3 of his time here. Plus, Earth is, ultimately, not really his planet.
    Im referring to what I bolded. Thor knows just as much about his enemies as the rest of the Avengers. You dont need to be from Earth to know about the likes of Kang, Osborn, Thanos, etc... Heck many of their enemies arent from Earth anyway. He's been around for about 13 or so years and knows Earth not that he needs to in order to lead. Besides their have been multiple Avengers teams over the decades, many of which have had different mission statements which focus on different threat aspects

thor doesn't lead the avengers because his whole thing is that at any time he could have to piss off to save narnia
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I am not too hot on Kitty but at this point. Storm has been Headmaster of the School and running the X-men overall, Kitty has been Headmaster of the School and running the X-men overall. Storm has lead teams of X-men, Kitty has lead teams of X-men. Storm is an experienced Xman, Kitty is an experienced X-man. Now I 100% believe Storm shouldn't and wouldn't given control to Kitty to run the X-men I believe that was bad writing. But now like it or hate it Kitty has legit leadership experience. They are 3 X-men that have done with Kitty has done which is manage school/political side and all issues and X-men side tactical leadership Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine. If you count Magneto and Xavier then the list is up 5 (I am probably forgetting some scenario with Emma or Jean feel free to kill me about it)The big point is the X-men is evolving at one point it was only Cyclops you could envision leading the X-men overall. Know we have a list about of 5 or 6 who are legit candidates. The X-men didn't have many guys beyond Storm AND Cyclops you would view as field leaders now Rogue, Sunspot, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Moonstar, Cannonball, Havok, Banshee, Cable, Polaris, Forge, Multiple Man and more we have seen be field leaders. Fans are going to have to get over their favorites been lead by people with less experience because the only way to get enough experience to be considered over a person is to actually lead.

More on closer on the topic the specifics of mission probably decide the leader. Who would be better running a ship using guerilla tactics? Storm or the person who spent months in space with Guardian of Galaxy on a ship using guerilla tactics? Storm would be better running a standard team,Emma would be better running a school. Kitty who was running around as Starlord is better at running a ship.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-22-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Kitty was running around as Starlord is better at running a ship.
    That settles it. Kitty should be leading Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    That settles it. Kitty should be leading Alpha Flight.
    what a twist.

the person piloting the ship doesn't need to be the leader of team, right?

I am not too hot on Kitty but at this point. Storm has been Headmaster of the School and running the X-men overall, Kitty has been Headmaster of the School and running the X-men overall. Storm has lead teams of X-men, Kitty has lead teams of X-men. Storm is an experienced Xman, Kitty is an experienced X-man. Now I 100% believe Storm shouldn't and wouldn't given control to Kitty to run the X-men I believe that was bad writing. But now like it or hate it Kitty has legit leadership experience. They are 3 X-men that have done with Kitty has done which is manage school/political side and all issues and X-men side tactical leadership Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine. If you count Magneto and Xavier then the list is up 5 (I am probably forgetting some scenario with Emma or Jean feel free to kill me about it)The big point is the X-men is evolving at one point it was only Cyclops you could envision leading the X-men overall. Know we have a list about of 5 or 6 who are legit candidates. The X-men didn't have many guys beyond Storm AND Cyclops you would view as field leaders now Rogue, Sunspot, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Moonstar, Cannonball, Havok, Banshee, Cable, Polaris, Forge, Multiple Man and more we have seen be field leaders. Fans are going to have to get over their favorites been lead by people with less experience because the only way to get enough experience to be considered over a person is to actually lead.

More on closer on the topic the specifics of mission probably decide the leader. Who would be better running a ship using guerilla tactics? Storm or the person who spent months in space with Guardian of Galaxy on a ship using guerilla tactics? Storm would be better running a standard team,Emma would be better running a school. Kitty who was running around as Starlord is better at running a ship.
    I really think if it werent for Gold, the hate for Kitty in this role wouldnt be as intense but unfortunately that era left a bad taste in most people's mouths. This could be good development for Kitty and Storm but most are just over Kitty at this point and the marginalizing of Storm hasnt made things any better

BANNED

Emma probably just appointed Kitty to function as a conscience just like when Emma got Scott to bring Kitty back to the school in Astonishing and just like when Emma and Fantomex were going to get rid of Shaw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I beg to differ since his mother is Gaea the primeval goddess of Earth. I'm frankly surprised no one had made the claim that Gaea was Ororo's mother as well...
    Last edited by Shreene; 07-22-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Okay, let's think this through: Should Kitty's 5 minutes in space make her a better commander of a ship than Ororo, mistress of the elements? I mean, the boat literally needs wind and waves to go right. Storm is intrinsically connected to the entire atmosphere and tides. She can walk on water, breathe underwater, and command the winds and waves. She grew up from age 5 on the streets of Cairo and is still regarded as one of the best thieves in the world. She's sneaky. She's wise. She's powerful. She has commanded X-Men teams for decades. She has political connections to the UN Security Council. In what world is Kitty better qualified than her?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The Storm fans have a point. It's hilariously/distressingly cruel that Mrs. I-Totally-Should-Be-in-a-PR-Focused-Book stole the gig from her.

BANNED

Sounds like Storm would be an amazing navigator/quartermaster.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Okay, let's think this through: Should Kitty's 5 minutes in space make her a better commander of a ship than Ororo, mistress of the elements? I mean, the boat literally needs wind and waves to go right. Storm is intrinsically connected to the entire atmosphere and tides. She can walk on water, breathe underwater, and command the winds and waves. She grew up from age 5 on the streets of Cairo and is still regarded as one of the best thieves in the world. She's sneaky. She's wise. She's powerful. She has commanded X-Men teams for decades. She has political connections to the UN Security Council. In what world is Kitty better qualified than her?
    From the cover it doesn't seem like a sail boat and making the wind blow has nothing to do with navigation and depths.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    From the cover it doesn't seem like a sail boat and making the wind blow has nothing to do with navigation and depths.
    All boats must deal with wind and wave. Storm commands both.

gulfstreamoceanmaster2.jpg

Besides, Storm already had an X-Men team on a boat.

And had a mobile X-Team operating out of a continuously moving aircraft in Brian Wood's first X-Men run.

Kitty and Emma are not being anywhere near as clever as they think(nor Hickman)...

Storm did it first.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-22-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!