Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

As long they don't make Storm, Bishop and Emma zombies blindly following orders I am fine. I don't have problem when other people are in charge,The problem is when other people are in charge and they don't write Storm voicing a opinion. The beauty of Cyclops leadership and Wolverine is that Wolverine will independently think and criticize. Writers need to apply that to Storm or any X-men with leadership skills in books.
    By voicing an opinion do you mean ending with "my friend" in every other sentence? lol!

By this time ppl should know what to expect with the X-Office s editorial framework and the limits of what space Storm will occupy in any story (forever more)
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-23-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's be clear everyone isnt making the case kitty shouldnt lead. but the question is this, replace ororo with cyclops would you or most readers be ok with this? i cant recall any moment where cyclops took orders from anyone save Xavier. there isn't any circumstance or situation ororo should be taking orders from kitty. its a slap in a face to her development which is why I enjoy what coates has done. she has become an actual goddess where entire nations worship her which is quite the difference in the xbooks.
    I am the wrong person to ask this about Cyclops, I would be fine with it but I am not most people. We will agree to disagree because they are plenty of situations where Storm and Cyclops should be taking orders from people. The X-men have organizational issues that should be more clear defined. X-men has done a bad job of give characters useful skills which is maybe my biggest gripe with X-men. If let's say an outbreak of some disease was to break out in the mansion, Cyclops and Ro would sit their butts down and Celia Reyes and Beast would be in charge. Stuff like this can only happen if characters have skills/jobs.

In military there thing called "Billet over Rank", It means there cases a Sgt in the army has a specific job. And everyone has to listen and follow his orders because of the specific job. I have seen higher enlisted and officers get rejected by lowering ranking from billet or mission specific stuff. Anyways your job and should skills matter I have seen higher ranked people listen and follow lower rank people. If Storm any type of decent leader she would know when to go "Maybe this person is better off leading this mission."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am the wrong person to ask this about Cyclops, I would be fine with it but I am not most people. We will agree to disagree because they are plenty of situations where Storm and Cyclops should be taking orders from people. The X-men have organizational issues that should be more clear defined. X-men has done a bad job of give characters useful skills which is maybe my biggest gripe with X-men. If let's say an outbreak of some disease was to break out in the mansion, Cyclops and Ro would sit their butts down and Celia Reyes and Beast would be in charge. Stuff like this can only happen if characters have skills/jobs.

In military there thing called "Billet over Rank", It means there cases a Sgt in the army has a specific job. And everyone has to listen and follow his orders because of the specific job. I have seen higher enlisted and officers get rejected by lowering ranking from billet or mission specific stuff. Anyways your job and should skills matter I have seen higher ranked people listen and follow lower rank people. If Storm any type of decent leader she would know when to go "Maybe this person is better off leading this mission."

There is one thing to take ones counsel, there is another thing for someone to lead. Reyes and Beast offer their expertise but they are never going to be shown harking orders to Ororo and Cyclops because these characters have been battle tested. They are your xmen greatest leaders and to have them being led by people they have have raised literally just isnt respectful to the characters mythos.

To your last point I again go back to my point about taking counsel. I cant imagine anything kitty could teach ororo in regards to being pirates on the big blue sea. again ororo is battle tested the isnt new to this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It's a fair point to make. Cyclops is literally the main character in Hickman's flagship and will have every single X-Man at his beck and call whenever he needs them for whatever mission he wants.

Meanwhile Storm is stuck on a boat, getting her money from Emma(Who seems to really enjoy messing with Storm), and is taking orders from Kitty. To say she's no longer on Scott's level of leadership is an understatement.

I think Storm would make a great leader for just about any team in the MU, Avenger's included. She has a strong moral compass, possibly the most accurate of all the X-Men. I say this because at her core Storm is a good person, but she also has shown the strength and ability to defend herself and her team when necessary. Her last outing as leader during IvX just seemed so wrong and I felt like she was not standing up for her people by hiding in limbo, but I also think the book was written this way to try and prop up the inhumans do to their push at the time. I also think she is confident enough to be able to take orders from someone like Kitty. If she has a better plan then she would certainly say so and I think any X-Men would listen.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think Storm would make a great leader for just about any team in the MU, Avenger's included. She has a strong moral compass, possibly the most accurate of all the X-Men. I say this because at her core Storm is a good person, but she also has shown the strength and ability to defend herself and her team when necessary. Her last outing as leader during IvX just seemed so wrong and I felt like she was not standing up for her people by hiding in limbo, but I also think the book was written this way to try and prop up the inhumans do to their push at the time. I also think she is confident enough to be able to take orders from someone like Kitty. If she has a better plan then she would certainly say so and I think any X-Men would listen.
    But it's Kitty...

I doubt Storm is gonna be her Robin or her Speedy, but...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

To your last point I again go back to my point about taking counsel. I cant imagine anything kitty could teach ororo in regards to being pirates on the big blue sea. again ororo is battle tested the isnt new to this.
    That's your problem. You and others have made Storm into "Savant Warrior God Queen" and you can't walk back that thinking. I can't help that . All I can say I have been part of organization known for its rank structure and best leaders know when someone is more qualified for a specific job and they back off and let them lead.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-22-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    But it's Kitty...

I doubt Storm is gonna be her Robin or her Speedy, but...
    I don't think of it that way. I don't think Storm has so much ego that it would bother her that someone younger than her was in charge (if that's what you're implying based on your example). Kitty isn't some rookie, she took a bullet for the whole planet and came back. When you say Robin or Speedy to me it implies some wide eye'd young side kick that puts their "leader" on a pedestal, Storm certainly isn't that. I guess sticking with the DC comparison the best way I can describe it is the team is like the Justice League, multiple members are qualified to lead, some of them are younger than others or what have you but the respect is there and that's what matters.

Although maybe you just don't like Kitty
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I don't think of it that way. I don't think Storm has so much ego that it would bother her that someone younger than her was in charge (if that's what you're implying based on your example). Kitty isn't some rookie, she took a bullet for the whole planet and came back. When you say Robin or Speedy to me it implies some wide eye'd young side kick that puts their "leader" on a pedestal, Storm certainly isn't that. I guess sticking with the DC comparison the best way I can describe it is the team is like the Justice League, multiple members are qualified to lead, some of them are younger than others or what have you but the respect is there and that's what matters.

And here, I was thinking I made it abundantly clear that, I couldn't stand Kitty.

I couldn't stand her before Gold and even Bendis so I guess that makes me one of the cool kids.

At least Kitty's now just leading a team, and not ALL of the X-Men. And I do think Ororo is keeping an eye on her. She chose to stand down, because of IVX, so I don't think she WANTS to be a leader now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Storm has proven unable to lead the X-Men. It’s Katherine and Emma’s time. They have had much greater success.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Storm has proven unable to lead the X-Men. It’s Katherine and Emma’s time. They have had much greater success.
    Didn't emma just get almost all the x-men killed in uncanny. And Storm had to save her from retribution of the inhumans. And Kitty;s time as leader amounted to about nothing. Let's not get all fake news up here now. LOL. Storm has had many successful runs as a leader while everytime Emma is in a role of power many young mutants die. Many. lol. So this must have been a bait post.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Agreed. I think Storm is confident enough to just sit back content and play elder statesman while watching Kitty (or Kate) lead with bemused interest.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Stop using hate-mongering to push your thoughts about a book that isn't even out yet.
    "Cable was right!"

Thisnt the X-men! Emma and Kitty have struck off and are doing their own thing. The bigger question is why is Storm following them?