Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My ideal Spider-Man film would have:

The black symbiote costume (no Venom or weird Peter is violent / cruel when wearing it though. Like it was originally presented in the books, not the 90's retcon.)

Felicia Hardy/ Black Cat as a romantic interest.

Hobgoblin and/ or the Sinister Six as the villain(s).

So pretty much nothing that we are likely to see at any point in the near future. But I am still looking forward to the next film, regardless.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the ship has sailed on what I would have wanted, as now it can be considered too small scale for this Spider-Man.

I wanted to see the mobs of New York, which is big enough that it isn't Spidey thwarting bike thieves, but small enough that it isn't going to cause the end of the world/city if it goes unchecked (thus the Avengers/Fury wouldn't bother with it too much)... I'm not too entirely sure that would work with MCU Spidey. ESPECIALLY after Far From Home.

SO I will settle for Tony Stark not being mentioned PERIOD. They could throw in a Stark Easter egg or something (like the suitcase), but don't mention or allude to him at all.
    Hmm, could still include some mobster, maybe Silvermane or Hammerhead or even Tombstone, seeing an opportunity to get his own superhuman enforcer on the payroll, who offers Peter and Aunt May "protection" from the media and the authorities, as well as other criminals wanting to take their shot at an unmasked Spider-Man, in exchange for Peter putting his abilities to work for him. At the same time, the mobster taunts and mocks him for his reliance on Tony Stark's patronage even after Tony's death, which feeds into Peter's inner conflict over what kind of hero or person can he be on his own. Another facet of that conflict will be whether or not Peter should just lean into his ruined reputation and become a criminal for real, especially after seeming to be or feeling abandoned by most of the adults in his life and then held in suspicion and contempt by many of his peers and the general public that used to admire him, as driven by J. Jonah Jameson's accusations. It eventually boils down to Peter's own decision to be(come) a hero in his own right, on his own terms, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks, partly prompted by either the ghost of Uncle Ben or a mysterious elderly man (either Old Man Steve Rogers or the MCU version of The One Above All) who encourages him not to give up on himself.

As for a title, I like "No Road Home" as suggested by Rob London (also a good homage to this year's Avengers 10-part weekly event), and I like Revolutionary_Jack's whole idea as well. To also piggyback off Vegeta for a moment, Felicia "Black Cat" Hardy could be incorporated as a kind of femme fatale who tries to tempt Peter into abandoning his attempts to salvage his life as Peter Parker in favor of being Spider-Man full-time and swinging the streets with her, though over time, his sense of idealism and nobility begins to rub off on her, much to her own chagrin. And yes, the mobster who tries to recruit Spider-Man could assemble "the Six" as a backup plan and send them after Spider-Man after Peter turns down his "generous" offer, with "Sinister" being added to their group name by Jameson after they're publicly exposed and defeated.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-22-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I'd like it to be set in New York and for Spider-Man to be the only hero in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'd like it to be set in New York and for Spider-Man to be the only hero in it.
    (Thumbs Up) .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Kaine and the Jackal.
    Yes yes! And Ben Reilly of course

Spectacular Member Dominick1216's Avatar

I just HOPE we get the third film in 2021 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    I just HOPE we get the third film in 2021 lol
    Same but it depends on Sony but since phase 4 is only 2 years for now. I can see it coming in 2022
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Same but it depends on Sony but since phase 4 is only 2 years for now. I can see it coming in 2022
    After the panel on Saturday, Feige gave an interview to MTV News saying: "I think eleven projects in two years is plenty". He only announced 10 at the panel. And I'm sure he's not counting Blade as he said that it will be released during Phase 5. Kevin Feige doesn't seem like the type to make a mistake in counting how many projects will be coming out in the next two years.

Maybe they are releasing Spider-Man 3 in 2021. Maybe that is the eleventh project!

Sony announces Spider-Man movies.

Anyways, I just want Peter and the Fantastic Four. What's the point of any of this if we can't have Peter and Johnny goofing on each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Anyways, I just want Peter and the Fantastic Four. What's the point of any of this if we can't have Peter and Johnny goofing on each other?
    Sad thing is that I don't even know if we're going to get that in these things.

But Marvel Studios will already know the date before the general public. For all we know Sony already has a date scheduled and Kevin probably knows it too. Hence the "eleventh project" interview. When Sony will announce it, only time will tell.

To be honest, I think Peter interacting with Riri because of the Iron Man connection is more likely then Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I think Peter interacting with Riri because of the Iron Man connection is more likely then Johnny.
    As interesting as that would be in a world where they'd actually be peers, I'm still looking forward to (a modernized take on) classic Spider-Torch shenanigans.

Mighty Member

(Whoa! Thanks for the replies!)

Howabout : Jeffrey Dean Morgan ("Negan") as Kraven. Uses high-tech equipment that turns out to be from the Vulture's old crew. Made a name for himself laying down the law during the post-blip panics...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    (Whoa! Thanks for the replies!)

Howabout : Jeffrey Dean Morgan ("Negan") as Kraven. Uses high-tech equipment that turns out to be from the Vulture's old crew. Made a name for himself laying down the law during the post-blip panics...
    You're welcome, and I like that idea. Maybe doing the vigilante thing somewhat similarly to Clint Barton in Endgame, but more in a "law of the jungle" sense, and he sees taking down Spider-Man for his alleged crimes as making himself king of the "concrete jungle" that is New York City.