Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Spider-Man : "something -something home" (2021). What do YOU wanna see in this?

Howabout :

Sony Logo. Villain introduced . Kraven introduced? (Maybe Sasha Baron Cohen or "Freddie Mercury " guy?). Plans to hunt spidey...

Marvel Studios logo - Emotional "Leave Spidey alone" home video made by Flash Thompson ("NO WAY is he Peter Parker!")

Elderly Cap in supporting role?

Formation of Sinister 6

Tech-guy William using Mysterio holograms?

Pepper shows up with Riri Williams as her progeny. (flashback scenes of young Riri using homemade suit to keep peace during post-snap disorder)
    Possible competition for MJ...

Miles Morales shows up. Bryan Cranston as head of Oscorp Norman Osborn

and YOUR ideas?

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Spider-Man: No Road Home

It's basically It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World with Spider-Man as the prize, as he stays one step ahead of the villains hunting him down, including Kraven the Hunter, the Scorpion, the Shocker, and Spencer and Alistair Smythe's Spider-Slayers.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

It just makes absolutely no sense to me that after Infinity War and Endgame, spoilers:
    Peter would ever be considered Public Enemy #1, even with his secret identity being outed.
    end of spoilers

Nick Fury, Sam Wilson, Bruce Banner, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel...any one of these heroes would easily vouch for him, spoilers:
    and perhaps even dispel the Mysterio reveal.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 07-22-2019 at 11:08 AM.

My wishlist:

- No mention of Tony Stark (probably a longshot).

- No Iron Man-esque gadgets (probably also a longshot).

- Quips.

- No other Spider-People.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My wishlist:

- No mention of Tony Stark (probably a longshot).

- No Iron Man-esque gadgets (probably also a longshot).

- Quips.

- No other Spider-People.
    Sounds like a boring movie, honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Sounds like a boring movie, honestly...
    I mean, Spidey's gone almost 70 years without any of that stuff (except quips), so I'm fairly confident it would work .

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Spidey's gone almost 70 years without any of that stuff (except quips), so I'm fairly confident it would work .
    I mean, 58 years but who's counting, right?

BANNED

Spider-Man: No Direction Home.

The title comes from a lyric from Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" - "How does it feel to be out on your own/like a complete unknown/with no direction home/just like a rolling stone". The third movie is about Spider-Man at rock bottom and having everything taken away from him, his privacy, his identity, and his anonymity, with no idea on how to go back from where he came from. And also if this is a high school trilogy then Part 3 is about graduating high school. At least nominally. And that also fits.

This movie should focus on Peter, Jameson, and the bad guy (Kraven maybe). You don't cast J.K. Simmons who is now Oscar-winning actor J. K. Simmons bring him back into his most iconic role and not have him get an entire movie to resolve a huge part of a character arc that Raimi never rounded out in the trilogy. Jameson should basically be the most important character in the movie. It should basically be "The Jonah Show starring Spider-Man" because Tom Holland can't carry a movie on his own and he needs established adult actors to steal the movie and run rings around him for him to work, since that's how the MCU has worked so far with Spider-Man.

ACT 1 will deal with the aftermath of Spider-Man's identity exposed. He's expelled from school, his prospects for college are gone. MJ who's a very private girl gets grief and pressure, and unwanted fame, for dating a superhero and she's wondering if that's right for her at this stage. Aunt May gets evicted and so on, and Happy offers her to live with him and says that he'll get the best lawyers to fight this and so on since he has Stark money and connections. Meanwhile, Jameson is running a mayoral campaign and so on. Act 1 ends with Jameson all alone in his home and Spider-Man comes and visits him. Jameson is alone, preparing pasta and food and so on. Just like how Zdarsky's My Dinner with Jonah starts. Spider-man then barges in and Jameson sneers and said he wondered when the menace would show up unannounced to his house and so on. Spider-Man unloads at Jameson about going after him, and ruining his life and Mysterio being a fraud and Jameson then says "Would you like to go on record?" So that leads to Jameson interviewing Peter.

And then Jameson drops the bombshell. Jameson saw Peter when he performed as an entertainer and he saw Peter let a burglar go. Jameson says "I was retired from the Bugle at the time and with all the stuff the Avengers got to in Sokovia, well a simple burglar killing an old Queens electrician, who'd care for that? Then you found a sugar daddy in Stark, and me going after you and your irresponsible little tights didn't sit well with anyone. So I started my talk show, didn't get subscribers, and then lo and behold I get this video where you kill another superhero and it turns out you're Peter Parker. Tell me, did you ever tell anyone that you got your uncle killed? Does your Aunt know? Are you willing to go on record?" Basically, in all stories where Peter gets his identity exposed, nobody ever finds out about Uncle Ben and Peter's role in that, and how the public in-universe would see that. Since Uncle Ben hasn't been mentioned before, this is the most dramatic and painful way to do it. And it cements once and for all, Jameson's thematic function as Spider-Man's guilty conscience, that there was a day in his life when he really was a glory-seeking a-hole menace who didn't give a damn about how his powers affected people. This is going to shatter Aunt May and his friends, and everyone because Peter has never mentioned this once before. It's going to affect how other superheroes see him. Jameson will say that "You passed yourself as a hero to Stark and the Avengers while never telling anyone what you did to your uncle, making yourself out to be a hero."

Now I'd bring in Kraven, because Peter's totally in bits and pieces about how his Peter Parker life has gone but then a mysterious cool hunter like Kraven comes and tells him that he's had an eye on him. He wants Spider-Man to embrace his totem, and he tells him "If it's hard to be this boy Peter, embrace the Spider" and Spider-Man decides to do that. He wears the black costume and goes "Peter Parker no more" and attacks and defends himself and his family in a colder way that feeds into Jameson's fears about Spider-Man being a menace while Ned and May worry about Peter and whether he really is what he thought he was. But MJ is still loyal to Peter and tries to defend him and appeal to him. Meanwhile Jameson gets elected mayor and is given approval to commission Spider-Slayer robots by Smythe who claims to be working for a mysterious backer (Spoiler:Kraven). So Kraven plays Jameson and Peter, hunter and hunted, and his grand plan is to make Peter into the totemic Spider-being who he will then destroy and kill and so prove himself his superior over the ultmate prey.

So far we've played with Chitari technology and Stark technology as the basis for the villains. But Peter of course has always used Stark tech. So its been Stark tech versus alien tech followed by Stark tech versus Stark tech. To me, the situation is good for removing tech from the equation. I'd love to see Kraven come on the scene, similar to how Whiplash shows up in Iron Man II, and has a personal vendetta to prove using his own methods that don't involve stealing someone else's tech.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Kaine and the Jackal.

2 year timeskip where Peter is kick out of his special school and is home schooled to finish out his High school degree while still trying to be Spider-man.
    kraven scorpion could be the villians. Peter eventually proves his innocence and gets accepted to ESU to set up the college years.
    Oscorp comes to New York as a post credit scene setting the sinister 6
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So based on the ending from Far From Home, what I'm expecting is:

spoilers:

The public is actually divided on whether they actually believe Jonah Jameson's ranting or not about Peter Parker being Spider-Man.

Jonah decides to put out a bounty on Spider-Man to get him unmasked.

Kraven ends up taking up the challenge. Jonah ends up funding "Spider Slayers", developed by Miles Warren, to support Kraven in his hunt.

Kraven ends up proving to be unhinged and, when fighting Peter, ends up capturing and burying him alive.

Peter digs himself out and is forced to take down Kraven and the Slayers without his Stark tech.

End credit scene is Miles Warren collecting DNA from Peter Parker. With hints of Cloning Peter and trying to reverse engineer the Spider that bit him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 07-22-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It just occurred to me that in each of these movies, there has been a climactic and crucial moment where Peter saves the day without the use of tech. So him coming out of the grave and fighting without the tech could indeed be a moment to see and in keeping with the films so far.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Spider-man: Home Invasion

Antagonists: JJJ, Kraven, Spider-Slayers

MCU Hero: Sam Wilson

Premise: After discovering Spider-man’s identity, JJJ goes on the offensive to crush the masked menace once and for all. Peter finds himself under fire from all sides with a media campaign taking aim at his civilian life while a dangerous new foe sets his sight on Spider-man in hopes of conquering the ultimate prey.

Mighty Member

I'm pretty sure that the ship has sailed on what I would have wanted, as now it can be considered too small scale for this Spider-Man.

I wanted to see the mobs of New York, which is big enough that it isn't Spidey thwarting bike thieves, but small enough that it isn't going to cause the end of the world/city if it goes unchecked (thus the Avengers/Fury wouldn't bother with it too much)... I'm not too entirely sure that would work with MCU Spidey. ESPECIALLY after Far From Home.

SO I will settle for Tony Stark not being mentioned PERIOD. They could throw in a Stark Easter egg or something (like the suitcase), but don't mention or allude to him at all.