Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Don't know who the original team will be (but I doubt it will be the orginal 5) Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm and then fill in the blank probably. But to the original question I absolutely believe Marvel would be open to other groups of mutants (x-factor, x-force etc.) if the opportunity presents itself.

There's also the chance that they go with a couple stalwarts (wolverine/cyclops), and then start combing all the various x books to fill out the team for something different.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Incredible Member

I'd like to see X men introduced in separately in different movies before we get to an X men film. Have Cyclops and the professor be like fury and colsuon in the first phase. Reaching out to different mutants in end credit scenes.

Introduce ice man (and firestar) in the next spiderman

Storm in black panther

Jean grey/ Phoenix in guardians of the galaxy

Rouge vs captain marvel in a captain marvel film

Use deadpool 3 to bring across wade, logan, and cable

If the space thing fury on is S.W.O.R.D. Introduce Abigail and the beast.
    Last edited by Fairyprincess; 07-23-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It has been confirmed numerous times there would be X-Men movies in the MCU.
    No, it has been speculated about and Feige has expressed an aspiration. He never confirmed mutants would be in the MCU until his tease this weekend. Even that’s not really a proper confirmation, but it’s a big old wink.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Ah yes lol, Americans and their obsessions with race. I tend to forget that.
    Well, America has a complicated dark history with race that has greatly effected how the country is where it is today. Not something that just vanishes.

Really though, it just doesn't make sense with the mutants mythos with mutants all over the planet within different cultures and people of different ethnic backgrounds.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-23-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Rouge vs captain marvel in a captain marvel film
    I do think this will happen at some point. It just makes sense. Really play into that villain to hero dynamic as Rogue takes on more than Carol’s powers. This could even work as a team movie outside of the X-movies and then spin into an X-Movie for the redemption. Again, mutants as antagonists to play up the paranoia.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-23-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Would it? Can't see Marvel going with 5 white people to reignite the franchise. Six if you count Charles. Especially with parallels regarding mutants/minority/discrimination are brought into play.

Yeah, they did it with The Avengers, but that was in 2011, and the MCU has gotten, and is getting more diversified since.

Giant sized X-Men #1 would be a nice lineup though.
    That goes against my desire to see Wolverine shelved for the MCU starter set of X-Men. And I said to modernize the original five, which connotes mixing up their races as a probability, among other things.

So make Charles black. Have Cyclops be Asian. Do whatever with race, it just doesn't matter. Nothing about any of those characters is tied to their skin colors.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I do think this will happen at some point. It just makes sense. Really play into that villain to hero dynamic as Rogue takes on more than Carol’s powers. This could even work as a team movie outside of the X-movies and then spin into an X-Movie for the redemption. Again, mutants as antagonists to play up the paranoia.
    This is exactly how they should introduce mutants in the MCU with the Captain Marvel/Rogue conflict. The X-Men won't be the original 5 due to their whiteness and I don't think Marvel has normally not done a lot of race changing with its well known heroes. So I expect a tweaked version of the Giant Size X-Men group to be introduced. Something like this:

Wolverine (White)
    Storm (Black)
    Sun Fire (Asian)
    NightCrawler (Can be any race)
    Colossus (White)
    Psylocke (Asian or half Asian like Munn)

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Would it? Can't see Marvel going with 5 white people to reignite the franchise. Six if you count Charles. Especially with parallels regarding mutants/minority/discrimination are brought into play.

Yeah, they did it with The Avengers, but that was in 2011, and the MCU has gotten, and is getting more diversified since.

Giant sized X-Men #1 would be a nice lineup though.
    None of those characters race is vital to the chatacter. You just cant make Beast Black, for obvious reasons. Angel and Iceman have fun with them. Cyclops too but yea Jeans Red hair is kinda iconic so iono maybe keep her. But look what Spiderman did with MJ and people love her in far from home. I think if something done well even comic fans can accept change.

But yea instead I'd go with something like Cyclops,Beast,Storm,Forge,Nighcrawler,Jean. But you could put Rogue in instead of Jean and I'd be cool with. Also maybe Morph just to do something different or Gambit.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just hope they are smart enough to use Lorna in the first movie. With her being the only child of Magneto in the MCU they should use her to set up that dynamic.

I have said many times over that I would have no problem with them race-bending a few characters instead filling slots with lesser characters. Their is nothing in their characters that say Cyclops or Beast have to be white. With Iceman and Angel being from uptight white families is kinda in their characters though. I would much rather see a black Cyclops or a latino Beast than just using lamer characters to fill out a checklist.

I would start with Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Marvel Girl, Polaris, and Colossus to begin with, and bring in Storm, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine latter. I would leave Angel off the list because both time we have seen him on screen he just doesn't seem to work, but I would mention him as having been a student at one time.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 07-23-2019 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

It will likely do both: it will focus on a few money makers (I'd bet on Rogue, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops) but ALSO broaden the team out so that everyone is important and notable.

Fox never did the latter and even managed to botch the former outside of basically Wolverine. Disney/Marvel has shown they have a real grasp on balancing a lot of characters and giving you reason to care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just hope they are smart enough to use Lorna in the first movie. With her being the only child of Magneto in the MCU they should use her to set up that dynamic.
    Let’s face it they could just not do Magneto or Charles. The ideas they represent are not tied to the characters. Charles could be anyone, Magneto could be replaced by Polaris. We don’t need someone that was alive in the Second World War to understand the horror of inhumanity, we don’t need a bald guy in a wheelchair to have the vision of everyone getting along peacefully. Charles could be already dead for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    None of those characters race is vital to the chatacter. You just cant make Beast Black, for obvious reasons. Angel and Iceman have fun with them. Cyclops too but yea Jeans Red hair is kinda iconic so iono maybe keep her. But look what Spiderman did with MJ and people love her in far from home. I think if something done well even comic fans can accept change.

But yea instead I'd go with something like Cyclops,Beast,Storm,Forge,Nighcrawler,Jean. But you could put Rogue in instead of Jean and I'd be cool with. Also maybe Morph just to do something different or Gambit.
    Rogue. Well they do have Carol Danvers running around in-universe now, so ...
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Whenever Wolverine eventually shows up in the MCU, he'll get a heavy focus. So far, the MCU's been pretty good about letting a lot of different characters get a chance to shine, but you're crazy if you don't think Wolverine's gonna have extra hype behind him (like Spider-Man). He brings in money.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Whenever Wolverine eventually shows up in the MCU, he'll get a heavy focus. So far, the MCU's been pretty good about letting a lot of different characters get a chance to shine, but you're crazy if you don't think Wolverine's gonna have extra hype behind him (like Spider-Man). He brings in money.
    He or she will indeed have a big focus. Let’s keep it in reserve maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I have said many times over that I would have no problem with them race-bending a few characters instead filling slots with lesser characters. Their is nothing in their characters that say Cyclops or Beast have to be white. With Iceman and Angel being from uptight white families is kinda in their characters though. I would much rather see a black Cyclops or a latino Beast than just using lamer characters to fill out a checklist.

I would start with Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Marvel Girl, Polaris, and Colossus to begin with, and bring in Storm, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine latter. I would leave Angel off the list because both time we have seen him on screen he just doesn't seem to work, but I would mention him as having been a student at one time.
    Iceman could easily be black. Especialy if they make him gay and face the same problems with his family.